Another TV Land Outrage!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Or those they do show suck or--in the case of Adult Swim--are filled with potty humor and sex jokes to the point that those things are the only things people expect.

Well... maybe except for Bleach... that is if they still air it. They need more adult friendly action animes on there and less Aqua Teen Knockoffs. I do like SOME of what's on Adult Swim, but their glory days are behind them. Dagnabbit... They should have kept Harvey Birdman and Space Ghost. Plus I've seen Every Family Guy a million times in syndications by now. Too bad Comedy Central came in and took Futurama away.

I see great things for Cartoon Network's new original show, Chowder (dude that created it is a Muppet fan!), as long as they don't can it halfway through, like they've been doing lately.

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Too bad Comedy Central came in and took Futurama away
But Comedy Central originally owned the show, so it coming in was no surprise, really.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Exactly. Viacom (or whoever owns CC) put out a higher bid for Futurama than Time Warner did, when the new DTV movie OVA's were being made and split up into episodic sections.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm surprised this hasn't happened sooner.

TV Land is adding Everybody Loves Raymond to their lineup. I KNEW they were going to, I'm just surprised it's taken them this long to do so... and I believe at this rate, as I've also predicted, they'll soon add Seinfeld to their lineup as well.

And now... ANOTHER non-classic show they just added to their lineup? Boston Legal.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Raymond maybe not... but Seinfeld is a long standing classic, even when it was still on the air. It's one of the biggest sitcoms of our time, and it's been 12 years since it was over (we're old, man!) Boston Legal would only make sense because it starred 2 famous faces from TV's past, William Shatner (who I enjoy MORE in comedic roles than as Captain Kirk... really I do) and Candice Bergan. Other than that, it really doesn't belong.

At LEAST it's not another reality show. We can all be thankful for that.

Yorick

Reaction score
Batman

I know it was on TV Land or Nick @ Nite in the last 10 years, but...I never got to see it then, so I wish they'd put the 60's BATMAN back on! And it's not like it will come on DVD anytime soon (the typical red tape crap). So all you can buy at the moment is the 60's Batman movie...which I admit is good!