Another TV Land Outrage!

Beakerfan

Reaction score
You know, I USED to want to fit in with the cool kids..... but I realized that geeks like me are magnetic. We ALWAYS find each other, and then there's no separating us.....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Oh! So you mean 20 something cartoon watching nerds are out of the equation? Aaaahahahahahahahahaha!:big_grin:
Ironicall, no. But they're delegated to (and only to) Adult Swim, with the drunkard college party guys that watch cartoons as well. I like Aqua Teen and all, but AS's best days are behind them. Luckily I can watch those onlie with no problems. The Adult Swim video site uses a much better video compresser than the other CN pages.

You know, I USED to want to fit in with the cool kids..... but I realized that geeks like me are magnetic. We ALWAYS find each other, and then there's no separating us.....
You know, I still don't know where I fit in. I like liking unique stuff and all, but sometimes I feel left out. Plus, I got a problem with the "cool gamer geeks" comin' in, takin' all our womens! :stick_out_tongue:

Redsonga

Reaction score
But they're delegated to (and only to) Adult Swim, with the drunkard college party guys that watch cartoons as well.
Actually, no. I hate AS with a passion :stick_out_tongue:. Don't lump all we geeks together :wink:.
I'm a toy collecting, anime/cartoon watching, comic book reading, video game playing girl geek thank you :big_grin:!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Actually, no. I hate AS with a passion :stick_out_tongue:. Don't lump all we geeks together :wink:.
I'm a toy collecting, anime/cartoon watching, comic book reading, video game playing girl geek thank you :big_grin:!
That's the only 20 year olds they care about. Not that I hate their shows, I just think the recent crop are crap. They really need a new Space Ghost series. Harvey Birdman is beyond hillarious, but this newer stuff looks like it took 3 hours to make an episode. Plus, I hate how Funimation had to give Shin-Chan an AS friendly dub, like a bizzarro world 4Kids. But at least we're getting an uncut edition.

But there is no toon fan friendly channels out there. I remember seeing a promotional video for something years ago. Don't know if it was a student project or an actual failed network, but it would have been amazing to see that.

There's less and less reason to get cable, I think. Other than having clearer pictures. Or channels that don't go out everytime there's a gentle breeze.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Aw man... I hear rumors that M*A*S*H is being removed from TV Land's lineup for Hogan's Heroes and [scrubs]!:mad: :grouchy: :cry:

Oh well, at least I still have all the good seasons (One through Seven) on DVD, plus there's still Hallmark Channel, both of our local CBS affiliates, and I hear ION (who bought out PAX, right?) will be adding it to their lineup as well, so at least I'll still have my regular M*A*S*H fix... but I'm outraged that TV Land would bump it for the sucky-by-comparison Hogan's Heroes!