AnimatedC draws

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
WARNING!: What follows is a trip into the realm of the somewhat-forgotten memories of one's childhoods. Extreme cuteness and multiple emotions have been said to occur. Those of you with weak constitutions might want to leave the thread now.

With that being said, have another pic!

"Hey! You look like a bird, but you wear people clothes! What are you?"
"I'm a kiwi bird, and I work as a repairman!"
"A kiwi bird repairman! ... what's a repairman?"
"Well, a repairman is someone who fixes things for people, like TV sets and plumbing."
"Wow! I can't believe my mind!"
"Hey, you look kinda neat in my hat!"
"You sound neat, too!"
"... hey! You sound like me!
"Mangatsika! You sound like me, too! I'm Zoboomafoo, but my friends call me Zoboo."
"Lindbergh's my name."
"Nice to meet you, Lindbergh!"

Because as both a Muppet fan and a big person of childhood nostalgia, I was overjoyed to find out that these two guys were performed and voiced by the same man, Gord Robertson.

Plus, this was too cute an idea to pass up. Aren't they darling? <3

Zoot the Saxer

Reaction score
WARNING!: What follows is a trip into the realm of the somewhat-forgotten memories of one's childhoods. Extreme cuteness and multiple emotions have been said to occur. Those of you with weak constitutions might want to leave the thread now.

With that being said, have another pic!

"Hey! You look like a bird, but you wear people clothes! What are you?"
"I'm a kiwi bird, and I work as a repairman!"
"A kiwi bird repairman! ... what's a repairman?"
"Well, a repairman is someone who fixes things for people, like TV sets and plumbing."
"Wow! I can't believe my mind!"
"Hey, you look kinda neat in my hat!"
"You sound neat, too!"
"... hey! You sound like me!
"Mangatsika! You sound like me, too! I'm Zoboomafoo, but my friends call me Zoboo."
"Lindbergh's my name."
"Nice to meet you, Lindbergh!"

Because as both a Muppet fan and a big person of childhood nostalgia, I was overjoyed to find out that these two guys were performed and voiced by the same man, Gord Robertson.

Plus, this was too cute an idea to pass up. Aren't they darling? <3
Ah, the nostalgia is almost too much to handle. X3

*opens random closet and backpacks, etc come falling out in large quantities* ... -.- So much for going on a trip...

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
We interrupt what has essentially become "I Love the 80s (Even Though I Wasn't Alive For Any of It): The Art Thread" to take you back to the days where disco was king, peace and love were abundant, Sesame Street was hardly 10 years old, and every celebrity and their aunt wanted to be on The Muppet Show tonight.

That being said, "Disco Frog", performed on both Sesame Street (
) and The Muppet Show (
)

I showed this to my history teacher; she said that I should take art classes and/or color this. ... maybe I will.

Twisted Tails

Reaction score
I agree with your teacher. You should grow up and be an artist. Great drawing of Kermit with his disco outfit. Not bad at all! Keep drawing!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

[Doppler shoots through the cable of a large air canister, it crashes down on the walkway below, sending the pirates falling into space]

Captain Amelia: Did you actually aim for that?
Doctor Doppler: You know, actually I *did*?

I discovered that I can't draw guns. Even with reference.

So... yeah, Digit and Vicki as Dr. Delbert Doppler and Capt. Amelia from Disney's Treasure Planet. LOVE this movie. Digit makes a perfect Doppler. I see Vicki as more of a Jane Porter (from Tarzan), but she serves her role well here.

I'm VERY pleased with how Vicki's clothing and Digit's expression came out. They really suit each of them.

Just for fun, here's the original screencap I used for reference:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score

So I still can't draw guitars, you guys.

Okay, we have Zondra, the Solid Foam Drummer, and Darci. Who, Who, and Who? ... exactly.

Essentially, these three ladies are the same puppet. However, they're all different characters.

Zondra is the head (most likely) of Gorilla Television, a hacker group who jammed the signal sometimes in the MuppeTelevision portions of The Jim Henson Hour. Here she is, doing just that.

Solid Foam Drummer, self-explanatory. Female drummer for Solid Foam on The Jim Henson Hour. Here she is, doing her thing.

Darci appeared in the "Real World Muppets" segments of Muppets Tonight. Here she is, being... well, her.

You guys are wondering why I drew the three of them together. Well, picture this: triplets. Zondra and the Drummer living at odds with each other their whole life and not getting along (even going as far as to not mention that they even had a twin sister), only to discover that they have a long-lost sister whom their parents lost while on some trip to the UK (judging by Darci's accent) (the girls were all very young).

... don't look at me like that. It's just some headcanon...

Also, yes, I knew I took some liberties so that Zondra and Darci looked different. This was also my first time drawing both of them. And without reference, too.

Quick question, what is Darci wearing in this pic?

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

"Uh, ma - ma'am? I, uh, um, well, I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful yarn full of hair. A hair full of yarn. It's ah... um... I must go."

So apparently my mind thought it cute if they dressed as customized versions of Buzz and Jessie. You do know it's hard, drawing Digit's expressions without adding eyebrows, right? Also, I don't think I can really draw Vicki sideways... Uh... no, I don't think they're anything like Buzz or Jessie (at the moment), but it's entertaining.

And imagining Digit with a Spanish Mode is hilarious. New drawing idea, away!

Let's compare to this, shall we?:

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

'80s Robot: "Would you two rad dudes like some Tab? Or how about the totally tubular taste of New Coke?"
Digit: "Lindbergh, I think I'm going to go have a word with Kermit..."

Because the idea of Digit totally resenting the fact that '80s Robot exists is amusing to me. I don't know why. Maybe Digit feels like the people who made the 2011 movie were trying to make a stab at him? (Of course, that's not the case, but Digit's just under that misconception...) Poor Lindy would just as soon stay out of this.

Sorry if it looks like crap, it was a QUICK sketch of an idea that I've had for a while now...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
:electric: isn't the only one. In WebMistressGina's fic series universe, 80s Robot has earned the scorn of :wink: as well for similar reasons.