AnimatedC draws

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Hey guys, guess what? Not only can I write, I can draw, too! ... well, somewhat. I draw for fun. Or whenever inspiration hits me. Mostly obscure Muppet characters, though. Mostly characters from The Jim Henson Hour, but the other Muppets show up too.

Why did I make this? Two reasons (mainly):
  1. The Jim Henson Hour's 24th airing anniversary is coming up on the 14th and I wanted to share art. =3
  2. Basically this post in the Muppet Smileys thread. It actually prompted me to say the following:
    As much as a Lindbergh Muppicon would be interesting to see, I'll save you guys the trouble by telling you to not do him. Seriously, from my experiences, he's difficult enough just to draw with pencil and paper.
Before you guys think that #2 is an exaggeration, let us take into account what Lindbergh basically looks like.

Making a smiley of him, let alone drawing him, would be a challenge in and of itself. I mean look at him! He's got... details! Realistic details!
I would say that you'd have to be crazy to try and do something from a visually artistic standpoint with him in it, but then I'd just be sticking my foot in my mouth.

I know I both have a long way to go in drawing Lindbergh and also that I misspelled the word "caffeine" in the comic. This is actually my first time drawing Lindy in a while, so of course I had to use reference. (Also, I hope the forum automatically shrinks the size of the images...)
This was inspired by a work of art from another Muppet fan and artist. I'd explain everything here, but let's face it, you guys probably don't want to read blocks of text in a fan art thread. Fortunately, I've also posted the drawing on Tumblr (which the artist who inspired me to draw it has reblogged).
Here's the explanation behind it all: http://boringrocks.tumblr.com/post/47501622542/animatedc9000-caffine-is-srs-biz-4-these-2
Enjoy!

Bridget

Reaction score
That's pretty cool. Good to know you also draw!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
I was finally able to pick up my JHH DVDs that KermiClown sent me. You know what that means! More drawings!

These next three were drawn the same day, yesterday, so I figured that I'd share them all in one post. It's sort of a narrative (if you can think of that).

The night before, I was so excited that the DVDs were coming in that I could hardly sleep. Unfortunately, when I did go to sleep, I had to wake up for classes about three hours later. So naturally, I was dragging my feet getting ready. I almost went back to sleep, but my mind was all "Nope, go to class." So I did. And I drew this to help me stay awake in my first class.

I call it "Waldozing", because puns are clever. And yes, I was basically near-delirious the rest of the day...

Next class comes around, I'm still tired (but not nearly as so as the previous drawing was inspired by) and wanting to draw again. So I drew Digit singing kareoke.

With all these drawings I draw with those two in some sort of romantic relationship, I'm a bit worried that people who are only aware of the series through my works are gonna think that they're actually together on the show. Actually, I'm concerned about it now. It's already happened once.
And yes, Digit is singing Barry Mannilow.

Last class of the day was History. I showed them to my teacher, and a few things happened. First thing was that she actually recognized who the characters were without me having to explain to her. She said she also knew of JHH, which prompted me to give her a hug. She then said that I have a good drawing style. So that made my day already right there. So I drew her a drawing: basically, it's Janice wearing the outfit she had on that day.

I can't draw hands or feet, can I?

Anyway, enjoy!

Bridget

Reaction score
I was finally able to pick up my JHH DVDs that KermiClown sent me. You know what that means! More drawings!

These next three were drawn the same day, yesterday, so I figured that I'd share them all in one post. It's sort of a narrative (if you can think of that).

The night before, I was so excited that the DVDs were coming in that I could hardly sleep. Unfortunately, when I did go to sleep, I had to wake up for classes about three hours later. So naturally, I was dragging my feet getting ready. I almost went back to sleep, but my mind was all "Nope, go to class." So I did. And I drew this to help me stay awake in my first class.

I call it "Waldozing", because puns are clever. And yes, I was basically near-delirious the rest of the day...

Next class comes around, I'm still tired (but not nearly as so as the previous drawing was inspired by) and wanting to draw again. So I drew Digit singing kareoke.

With all these drawings I draw with those two in some sort of romantic relationship, I'm a bit worried that people who are only aware of the series through my works are gonna think that they're actually together on the show. Actually, I'm concerned about it now. It's already happened once.
And yes, Digit is singing Barry Mannilow.

Last class of the day was History. I showed them to my teacher, and a few things happened. First thing was that she actually recognized who the characters were without me having to explain to her. She said she also knew of JHH, which prompted me to give her a hug. She then said that I have a good drawing style. So that made my day already right there. So I drew her a drawing: basically, it's Janice wearing the outfit she had on that day.

I can't draw hands or feet, can I?

Anyway, enjoy!
I love the Janice one!

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Pardon my double-posting.

So I popped in a DVD into my TV and watched "Secrets of the Muppets" for the first time (in what seems like ages) on a screen that isn't my computer screen for once. Only fitting that I choose to share this picture (that I drew within the past few days, most likely over the weekend) now.

Vicki and Jojo, in a piece entitled "Here's Evening Paper, Ma'am".

With JHH only having a total of 12 episodes produced, one has to wonder what happened to the characters from the show. Obviously, I have a whole fanfic to explain what I think happened to Digit, but I give him too much attention as it is. For now, let's focus on the little ladies in the drawing. You guys (sort of) know Vicki right now, but Jojo is a character that (to my knowledge) appeared only in "Secrets of the Muppets". It was her curiosity of how the Muppets work that is the driving force behind the special. And yes, that same curiosity makes the other Muppets (and even herself!) a bit uncomfortable at times.

So even though Jojo is partially responsible for Vicki's jumpiness that night, why did I choose to draw these two together?

For one thing, Vicki said this herself in another episode: "As a child, I used to watch The Muppet Show all the time." From that alone, we know that she watched the show growing up. She probably also had the newsletter for the show and also probably some merchandise. Given how she acts on JHH proper, she's obviously at least somewhat intelligent and has a bit of a curious mind herself. And then years later, she, a fan, gets the chance to work with the people that she adored on TV for so long. Sound familiar? Basically, Vicki was living the dream before Walter did.

The way I see it, when the show ended Jojo was in danger of being homeless. I'm still not sure how it would all go down, but in my mind, Vicki decided to give Jojo a new home out of the goodness of her heart. Knowing them, Vicki probably helped train Jojo to help her out with other things, like answering the phone and taking messages when she wasn't around.

At least that's how I see it, anyway.

blackaerin

Reaction score
Making a smiley of him, let alone drawing him, would be a challenge in and of itself. I mean look at him! He's got... details! Realistic details!
I would say that you'd have to be crazy to try and do something from a visually artistic standpoint with him in it, but then I'd just be sticking my foot in my mouth.
... Is that a challenge I see? :halo:
You have me intrigued now....

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
... Is that a challenge I see? :halo:
You have me intrigued now....
........... it wasn't MEANT to be a challenge, but if you see it as such... Go ahead and try drawing some of the JHH characters on your own. I know you can draw Digit and Clifford. *winkwink*

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score

"We don't feed their souls, we poke their stomachs." ~ Waldo C. Graphic, The Jim Henson Hour Episode 112: Food

Dedicated to those of you who remember when Waldo put together "Sheriff Hamlet" to adress the Danish cowboy crowd and when Vicki talked to guest star Ted Danson about doing "a dramatic illustration of man's journey into himself." Also for the results of said endeavors: Kermit decided to adress the Scandinavian audiences with the Swedish Chef, and Ted Danson ended up wanting to do a comedy sketch.

Points to you if you also remember when these two worked on the Response-O-Matic.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
In honor of the 24th anniversary of the first airing of <i>The Jim Henson Hour</i> (which was April 14, 1989--24 years ago tomorrow!), I've been drawing several pieces of work to build up to this day. Today is one of those pieces.

May I introduce you to the positively 80s house band of MuppeTelevision, Solid Foam! Known for their hits "The Music Keeps Rolling Along" (
) and accompanying on hits like "Sweet Vacation" (
), this band consisted of some pretty interesting characters. Starting from the top left and going clockwise:

~ Digit (performed by Dave Golez), keyboardist. He also served as the Technical Director of Muppet Central and was prone to malfunction just about as often as the equipment did.
~ Beard (performed by the late Jerry Nelson), lead guitarist. He gives off sort of a country vibe, and man can he rock OUT with all that hair!
~ Solid Foam Drummer (performed by Fran Brill), drummer. The only female member of the band, she was never really mentioned by name and only had one notable spoken line. Too bad, she was awesome on the drums.
~ Clifford (performed by Kevin Clash), bass guitarist. Clifford would later go on to join the Muppets in The Muppets at Walt Disney World (as part of the Electric Mayhem) and even got as a hosting job in Muppets Tonight.
~ Flash (performed by Steve Whitmire), saxophonist. Obviously a major heartthrob, Flash was known to have been followed by groupies. He's also probably one of the hardest to understand out of the band, seeing as he almost mumbles everything he says. Killer singing voice, though.

And let's pretend that this piece is of actual quality. Let's ignore all the details I missed, such as Flash's pierced ears, the fact that the Drummer's glasses should be WAY more circular, and the fact that I can't seem to draw guitars or Clifford at all. We good? We good.