"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

theprawncracker

Reaction score
bedbugjones said:
Well I See Reality Shows As A Big Fad But I Guess I Have To Watch It Since Its Muppets Crap :frown:
Don't worry, it's a spoof of a reality show. Not a real one. I don't think the Muppets would stoop that low. At least I hope not.

JRawkSteady

Reaction score
No, the Muppets wouldn't stoop that low...but, unfortunately, Disney would. Luckily they didn't! :excited:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Luke said:
I think it'll be fantastic, the premise sounds great. I actually would have prefferred them auditioning real puppeteers with their own new muppet characters rather than them spoofing it but it'll probably be funnier this way. Jumping on the reality TV bandwagon isnt a bad idea right now because a lot of people will be watching and talking about it even though they aren't Muppet fans.
And they could also get actors from the Hollywood scene to come out to "audition" as some other person--so, that would be their 'special guest star.'

ftnpro

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of reality TV, but I've gotta say I'm excited about this idea. The Muppets get to be themselves, and spoof reality TV and pop culture. Furthermore, the new (or not-well-known) characters and the reality theme might bring in some viewers who aren't die-hard Muppet fans. If these newcomers like it, Disney gets good ratings and we get MORE MUPPET PRODUCTIONS!

(Sorry, didn't mean to yell like that.)

BEAR

Reaction score
Its not really reality TV. It is a show parodying them. Making fun of, if you will. Its not real.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Of course it's real. It's the Muppets! :zany:

Unless you're planning on telling me that Muppets are only puppets..?

:smile:

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Its not really reality TV.
I'm sorry, I just have to announce: First time I read that, I thought it said "It's not reality reality TV." Don't know why, I just did, and it was funny. Just had to share.

But to be on topic, I personally, um... well, I have some reservations, nothing I can really put my finger on, probably just a general dislike of reality TV... BUT, let me remind myself (and anyone else who is hesitant because of the "reality" lable) of two things: One- it's a SPOOF! A parody! It's laughing at reality tv, making fun of it, in a way actually criticizing it! So we get to sit and laugh at reality tv, whether we like reality tv or not. Well that sounds good. And two- it's Muppets! Muppets spoofing! Muppets parodying! (is that a word?) It's Muppets laughing at reality tv... etc etc. And since I for one tend to make a very high-pitched squeal every time I see Muppets on tv, I think I'll enjoy this!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I again I say, I hope they use the steve martin episode as a model. Btw I like the idea of celebrities popping up on the show, but I would have them as guest judges... you could even bring in Simon from American Idol.... I could see Kermit listening to Simons remarks and scrunching up his face... I think This show is a great idea but I can still see why people are nervous... There are some who worry about Disney's handleing of the muppets... but maybe this will work. I personally hope it does.

muppetsforlife

Reaction score
DannyRWW said:
I again I say, I hope they use the steve martin episode as a model. Btw I like the idea of celebrities popping up on the show, but I would have them as guest judges... you could even bring in Simon from American Idol.... I could see Kermit listening to Simons remarks and scrunching up his face... I think This show is a great idea but I can still see why people are nervous... There are some who worry about Disney's handleing of the muppets... but maybe this will work. I personally hope it does.
I think its a great idea and I know what you mean. But i personally didn't like the Steve Martin episode as much. It was a good idea in theory how they did the show but it just wasn't one of my favorites.