• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Am I the only one who hates what they've done to the Fozzie puppet?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think if they trimmed and matted the fur a little bit, the puppet would look a little more decent; otherwise, it looks like Oscar is growing a beard and letting his eyebrows get bushier.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I wish they would’ve used one of the other alternate Oscar puppets for the more permanent one. This one looks like a fan made one or the one you find out at the amusement parks

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I have to say though, I still cannot get over how absolutely perfect Eric is as Oscar! This is still the most seamless recast ever.
I agree he's really good. My girlfriend did not even recognize the fact it wasn't Caroll doing the voice.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Eric's Oscar is pretty good, though I think he's starting to sound more and more like Bert over time.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I can kind of hear it a little, but then again, Eric seems to naturally have a rather nasally voice, so I think it might be unintentional for his to slip into a more Bert-esque voice at times, since his Bert is really nasally.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
From this angle, Oscar doesn't even look like the real Oscar, he looks more like a rip off character, like Roscoe the Church Grouch (yes, that's actually a thing, look it up on YouTube).

EDIT: Okay, never mind, I guess those videos were taken down, but yeah.

BEAR 2

Reaction score
From this angle, Oscar doesn't even look like the real Oscar, he looks more like a rip off character, like Roscoe the Church Grouch (yes, that's actually a thing, look it up on YouTube).

EDIT: Okay, never mind, I guess those videos were taken down, but yeah.
It’s awful. This is my least favorite rebuild in the history of rebuilds.