Search results

  1. D

    sabbaba fraggles

    Cookie. Hey! You're a new England native too, huh? Anyway, I noticed the sales of the plush at Target doing pretty well. Except, no one really seems to like poor Red. If this isn't a repeat of the Muppet Babies/DVD plush set, where only the first wave was made, while a second wave is...
  2. D

    Sailor Moon manga or anime

    Found some info on the live action/animated Saban thingy... http://www.animefringe.com/magazine/00.12/feature/2/index.php3
  3. D

    Will Shining Time Station get a DVD release?

    Don't forget George Carlin too. Anyway, here are my questions. Was the movie "Thomas and the Enchanted Railroad" supposed to be based half off the Shining Time Station series and half off Thomas the Tank Engine? Secondly, did the Woman who played Stacy (the woman that worked there, I got the...
  4. D

    What sketches scared you as a kid?

    I just remembered... something about the Muppet segment "Country Mouse and City Mouse" crepped me out as a kid. I dunno what exactly it was.
  5. D

    Kermit Might not be in Macy's Parade 2006

    WOW, man! Could you post them if you have a chance? That'd be great :crazy:
  6. D

    Identify this Coloring book

    I've seen a coloring book about 10 years ago at a now defunct bargain bookstore chain. This was a large coloring book, and it was release in 1993 or so. Here's some info on it. In the middle of the coloring book there's a section called "Old Friends" or something like that, and they...
  7. D

    Jazzy Spies vs. Pinball Number count

    Pinball has more structured music, and technically it is singing, as opposed to Jazz. Mainly because Jazz sounds like a jam session, and Grace Slick is scatting the music in tune with the riffs. The Pointer Sisters are actually singing 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10, 11 12... But both have the same...
  8. D

    New Nick Shows

    I have to say, I never quite liked the live action shows, myself. I did like Pete and Pete, but the others just didn't do anything for me. I'd rather see Rocko, or Nick's Doug on Disk than any of that other stuff... well, Maybe Kenan and Kel... but that's the only one. I haven't seen any of...
  9. D

    Svenska Sesem question

    I might as well post this quote. ISNorden posted it for me in the "What sketches scared you as a kid" thread vis a vis those animations...
  10. D

    Sesame Street 2006 Macy's Parade

    Count, by the way... do they celebrate Thanksgiving in Puerto Rico? I'm really fuzzy on the details of how Puerto Rico is related to the US. I know it's considered a territory, so does that mean they have the same holidays? Just wondering.
  11. D

    The Electric Company Reunion Show - 10/29

    It was cut, and for one simple reason... well, two, but they're both related. The Pledge breaks. Firstly, they had to cut for time to have those breaks in there, and secondly, what better way to get pledges then to offer the same special with "Added interviews and clips." I wish I had the...
  12. D

    The 3 Bimbos of the Apocalypse

    Lindsy Lohan I feel sorry for. Her father did some pretty vicious stuff. But Nichole and Paris are satan's ho's. I mean, not only are they born into wealth to begin with, but to be famous for being rich to begin with?!?!? What the Shell? Not to mention they actually are both...
  13. D

    Just a little bit of whining...

    Actually, it tends to vary store to store. Ironically the cheapest I found the Electric Company DVD set 1 was around $30 at some indie chain when I went to New Hampshire. Newburry Comics over here, for example tends to have some prices cheaper and some prices higher than regular stores...
  14. D

    The Electric Company Reunion Show - 10/29

    Actually I didn't think it so much an issue of there already having a reading based program. I mean, I don't think Between the Lions is still in production, and just ended it. I'm think more of the likes of SW not having enough money, or PBS not willing to invest in many new shows just yet.
  15. D

    Svenska Sesem question

    Fem myror är fler än fyra elefanter Does that mean something loosly like "Five Ants is more than Four Elephants?" In that case, I recall the member IsNorden (I hope I got that right) saying some of those animated segments were used on Sesame Street.
  16. D

    So Have We Seen the End of 2-D Animation?

    Those guys were kings of animation, no question. I mean, the best cartoons of all time were from Looney Tunes, and MGM during the Tom and Jerry/Tex Avery phase.
  17. D

    So Have We Seen the End of 2-D Animation?

    I've been on a mission to stamp out the arbitrary love of those 70's cartoons that's been around since the 90's. I LOVED Fat Albert, no question. Hong Kong Phooey was fun too. But we had so many knockoffs of Archie and Scooby Doo (considering Scooby do was in it's earliest incarnation was an...
  18. D

    Legally Blonde - The Musical!

    Mmmhhh... well, The Producers was meant to be made into something for broadway. Young Frankenstien would be a bit foolish, but if Mel Brooks is behind it, I'd love to see it. There is one other film I'd love to see become a movie, though. I heard Eric Idle and John DuPrez were working on...
  19. D

    Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade!

    Spamalot is basically based off of ONE movie in particular, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail." Basically it's about them searching for said grail, and it takes place in Medieval times. Some songs they used were from the film (Knights of the Round Table, Brave Sir Robin), one was used from Life...
  20. D

    Svenska Sesem question

    So, is it the same person/people that worked on the Swedish animated segments that were used on the American SS? They seem to have a similar style. Unless it's just there regional style of animation.
Top