Search results

  1. D

    Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

    Hey, if this crap happens long enough, it will be anything but a joke. In fact, the Penny itself should be called the negative 5 cent piece, since it takes that much more money to make one than its worth.
  2. D

    Your Thoughts: Studio DC Hosted by Selena Gomez

    Scooter, you say... Hmm... I wonder if someone would put that clip up on youtube... just so I can hear how he sounds.
  3. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    There are a surprisingly high number of TMNT fangirls. And I will say, it had, and always did have a positive female role model in April O'Neil (though sometimes it seems that she cared more about getting a story than the safety of the turtles)... She was like their mother/bigger sister figure...
  4. D

    What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

    Well, Tennessee Tuxedo was created out of the FCC chairman Newton Minnow's call that TV is a vast cultural wasteland. TT taught us about how things worked, and how things are done. of course, they worked that sort of thing into the storyline a BILLIONDY times better than Funny Company (from...
  5. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

    I forgot to talk about Patrick Warburton's word on the street segment. I'm a big fan of the guys work! In fact, i think his Buzz Lightyear was even better than Tim Allen's... he gave it a hammy Adam West-like quality to it. I was TOTALLY surprised to see him there. I really wish they could...
  6. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Personally, I DO think its a bad thing, because it imposes gender roles. I love gender neutral cartoons, myself. Even PPG was gender neutral, dispite having girls as the stars. Of course, Care Bears is pretty gender neutral, even though girls prefer it more. Before I turned 5, I actually was...
  7. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

    A lot of Batman and Spider-Man references in this one... including the 1960's Batman scene transition. Nice to see Super Chicken again, even though it was originally created as a gag... too bad none of kids that watch this show know It's supposed to be a reference. But Horatio was even...
  8. D

    Season 39 Character Questions

    A red mask and a blue cape with a collar to be precise. The animal quartet (minus Baby Bear) was a Standard pig, a Black spotted cow, and a standard sheep. They wore different colored Bow-ties. And Baby Bear wore one also, which really makes me question his intelligence (He didn't realize...
  9. D

    Muppet Film and TV References

    Something about how Pigs are funny looking and make her laugh, and then she mentioned Porky, Petunia, and Miss Piggy...
  10. D

    What if Sesame Street was ANIMATED ?

    Exactly. They could have got a veteran animator instead of a veteran puppeteer. And if it originally was a cartoon, it clearly wouldn't have lasted that long. Educational cartoons of the 60's were a mixed bag... we either got something memorable like "Tennessee Tuxedo" or something...
  11. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

    Anyone else notice how they redubbed that segment about the monster under the bed? I hated that. We lost (I'm gonna guess) Brian Cummings to make it sound younger.
  12. D

    Non-Muppet MP3 Trade Page

    Thanks. And yes, I did want the US version.
  13. D

    FAO Schwartz: Muppet Whatnot Workshop coming October 22

    Those definitely look worth the price. I'd rather get one of those than the Poser puppet replicas. These WOULD be functional, am I right? And they're all one of a kind. Too bad I'd also have to pony up bus fare to New York... (And I ain't going with that Chinatown exploding bus thing...
  14. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

    Before we get way off topic, I wanna see a focus group of kids who watch timeless skits like Ladybug's Picnic vs kids that sit through the mural skit endlessly..... As if repeating the same dumb thing from the 90's (The 90's, by cracky! it's far from recent) is any different than something...
  15. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Nicktoons on CBS consisted of Arnold, Pelswick, All Growed Up, and As Told By Ginger. Other than Arnold and Pelswick we never got any of the FUN cartoons... plus Zim didn't even exist yet. Heck, Spongebob was just starting out when this happened. And the Nick Jr. line up consisted of Blue...
  16. D

    Letters To Santa Pictures...

    Which photo had that? I just see the ones with Sam. And that pretty much excites me alone just to see him. This is gonna be epic!
  17. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Stupidly? Sounds like he did it spitefully.:p If I were unwelcomed by a company, and treated like slime, and forced to leave, I'd vengefully put someone who would be destined to do a terrible job as my replacement. I swear, the WORST thing to happen to Saturday Mornings was when CBS put...
  18. D

    Muppet RaceMania Question

    Personally, I'm still looking for sound clips or video clips of Scooter, Janice, and Link....
  19. D

    Muppet Film and TV References

    I don't know where to put this one, but the latest cartoon short from Seth MacFarline's Cavilcade of Comedy features an angry Scotsman yelling at the Muppet Movie.
  20. D

    Sesame Street TV References

    Here's a great SS refference from Eek the Cat, delivered by Weird Al Yankovic Himself in an episode called The Fug-eek-tive "To quote a heavily Copyrighted children's show, One of these things is Not like the others!"
Top