Search results

  1. D

    Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

    I would make it appoint for someone to buy the Complete collection JUST to see if Sidebottem Blues is on it. Though, (for the trillionth time) I can't see why they can't just take the disks from the season 4 portion of the collection and put them in a different box... :eek:
  2. D

    What Sketches Made You Laugh?

    I always thought that when Elmo's playing to a wider, live audience, Kevin can really let loose and do some great improv. Back to the topic, any time Grover or Bert faints makes a hillarious skit. there are way too many examples to list just one.
  3. D

    Too old for Sesame Street

    Hmmm... It depends. I don't hate remakes, but I don't like them unless they're done well... but then again, i never think of any new version of "Sing" as a remake... after all, it's a timeless SS song, and it deserves to be put into different mediums, and performed by different people. Myself...
  4. D

    Creepiest Movie Ever!

    Well, Pinocchio, you understand, was made to be filled with literalizations of moral sayings. Like you'd become a donkey if you don't learn proper education, and didn't work hard and obey rules throughout your life. Of course, what I hear, the real Pinocchio story was even darker than Disney...
  5. D

    Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

    Though Downloading will not solve anything. I admit, I like to watch things on Youtube and stuff, but I would rather buy an official product in any case. it supports the series and project, as well as not looking like someone's hand me down video tape.
  6. D

    Halloween is just around the corner

    Anyone else mundo disappointed that Disney didn't theatrically re-release Nightmare Before Christmas in 3-D this year? I went last year, and I have to say... considering I had to pay that much for a movie, and one I already saw at that, I had a wonderful time. I mean, yes... I have the DVD I...
  7. D

    Where's Clifford?

    Yeah, isn't Kev, like Executive Executive or something? he has a huge standing in Sesame Street outside of Lil' Elmo. Of course, he always had a lot of hats to wear... wasn't he the Puppetry coordinator for Dog City way back when? Heck, I'd be surprised if he was too busy to even be Elmo at...
  8. D

    Classic Muppets filming NBC Christmas special

    Exactly... that and the John Denver one (as Frogboy said) will never be duplicated or emulated. And it is impossible to compair work done by Henson and Post Henson Muppets. The Post Muppets have been enjoyable, but lacking a certain quality. I want to see them try harder to attain that sort...
  9. D

    Fraggle Rock Season 4 may not be released separately

    No offense, but that's a perfect way to make sure they DON'T release it. The only way they'll release the rest of the series separately and maybe move on to the 13 episode cartoon series (Completisit) is if we tell them directly we want it. I have a feeling they know we're upset, and they will...
  10. D

    Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

    Not yet. If the stocks continue to plummet solidly, THEN it will be. As long as more people are investing, and have the guts to wait everything out, we should just wiff by with a recession.
  11. D

    SST Great Adventures DVD

    Okay, this is a new one I didn't hear about. Apparently, there's a "new" DVD of 3 episodes (just the segments, edited to fit each other, apparently) that was released a little while ago. It has the 3 stories "Big Bird gets Small", "The Amazing Alphabet Race" and this season's opener "Texas...
  12. D

    CGI Abby?

    Something promotional, no doubt. I don't think they've used it yet or since. Especially since JHC does the CGI work now (and they do a much better job, frankly...)
  13. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    And rest assured, it wasn't even remotely clever a show. It was sludge on every level. They even managed to shove in a villain that's an obvious parody of Barbie, making her a rich old Cruella DeVille type hag. Insult to injury for Mattel, right? it could have at least been a clever satire...
  14. D

    Celebrate the Holidays with Abby!

    Well, they were kind of starting that. Especially around the 35th anniversary. Remember, Grover got a balloon and a Macy's plush... and Super Grover was the only Palisades SS figure to go totally produced, and he was the promotional start up figure (they even had an Alex Ross lithograph). It...
  15. D

    Behold..The Zero Dollar Bill!

    Some sort of good news... Apparently, the stocks went up 900 points yesterday. That doesn't quite make up for all the losses, but we got solid growth in one day. Hopefully, more schmucks will LEAVE their money in the stock Market, and not pretend to be Chicken Licken, running round saying...
  16. D

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 39

    Stupid Abby Week... it's going to be mostly reruns until Friday's episode.
  17. D

    Celebrate the Holidays with Abby!

    I still think the problem is they want to jump all over the popularity that Dora had, and they were always struggling to get a big female role into the show. Zoe, Rosita, and Prarie Dawn seem to be the staples, but we've lost the likes of Merry (or Mary) Monster, Lulu, Elizabeth, Google...
  18. D

    Scooter recasts

    Once again, i wonder if it was the Rowlf thing (considering that it wasn't until MFS we even had Scooter in the back ground. But then again, we all know how hard it is to recast a muppet. I mean, look at how many different people it took to fill in for Mel Blanc (and yes... Arthur Q. Bryan)...
  19. D

    What do you think of the newer Muppets?

    I like Johnny as a parody of those terrible amature singers that try to pretend to be Frank ... NO one can be Frank... not even his son. But I like Tony Bennet too.
  20. D

    Saturday Morning memories thread

    Being a male observer, I feel that Barbie at least was a role model after a while. I mean, she had jobs. Bratz seem like the pretty, vapid, one-dimensional girl that marries for money, and only uses male companionship to get stuff so that they don't have to work a day in their lives... and...
Top