Search results

  1. M

    Suggestion for the trivia section

    The triva section was staretd a long time ago, and everything that was originally listed has been included. However, I have some suggestions: Why not change some of the questions every month? Why not add some questions? Why not add trivia sections for Eric Jacopson, Muppet Babies...
  2. M

    Are female performers vocally limited?

    It is a little bit weird to know that performers that are not too talented do not do voices just because of the lack of talent. If they are bad at puppeteering, it should be noticable if a background character is poorly performed. Voices shouldn't be a problem, although very few performers only...
  3. M

    Leo and Wally: the same muppet?

    In the muppet morsels for the Ethel Merman episode of the muppet show, it says that Leo was briefly renamed Wally for The Muppet Valentine Show. However, even though they were both performed by Jim henson and look similar, I think they are different characters. I am not sure whether the...
  4. M

    Nigel vs. Nigel

    Which Nigel do you like better: Nigel The Conductor or Nigel The Director? I like Nigel The Director better. He has a much beter design than the first one (and this design was also similar to Droop). However, I do think the other Nigel was funny in the muppet show pilot. Nigel The Conductor...
  5. M

    "America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

    Yes. It's confirmed in both one of the muppet morsels (on The Muppet Show Season 1 DVD) and in the booklet for the muppet show 25th anniversary album. I believe the director was named after the conductor because Nigel The Director was the host of The Muppet Show: Sex And Violence. Also, Nigel...
  6. M

    How do I get the Muppets to leave my house?

    really? Are you just joking or is this actually happening? Is Thog there? What about Lips? If I were you, I would just enoy the fact that there are so many muppets there, and I would ask them all for their autographs before asking them to leave.
  7. M

    What the Hurricane episodes should have had

    I think that one of the hurricane episodes should have had the Sesame Street News skit where kermit interviewed the three little pigs about how they felt about the wolf blowing down their houses. The first pig was angry because his house was destroyed, the second pig was sad because his house...
  8. M

    Question about Playhouse Videos' Back Covers

    Does that mean that the sherlock holmes sketch and the windmills of your mind are both on this video? After all, Muppet Moments had a picture of the snerfs on the back even though they weren't in it (maybe a sketch with them was planned to be included but was taken out at the last minute). I do...
  9. M

    Muppeteers who did full body Muppets

    Frank Oz did perform some other full-body characters, but I guess not willingly, like you said. He performed Thig in The Great santa Clause switch (couldn't Jim henson have performed him?), Splurge in Hey, Cinderella!, and Doglion in the Dom Deluise episode of The Muppet Show (I wonder if he did...
  10. M

    Muppet Dynamic Duos

    Another Jim Henson and Frank Oz pairing is Ernie and Lefty The Salesman. And if you are going to list The Swedish Chef as a Henson and Oz pairing because Frank Oz performed the chefs hands, then you should inlcude Dr. Phil Van Neuter as a Brian henson and Bill Barretta pairing, since Bill...
  11. M

    Caroll Spinney & Martin Robinson

    Well, Big Bird and Telly have interacted a lot, although I guess they would be a duo in the sense that Elmo and Rosita are a duo, that Cookie Monster and Big Bird are a duo, or that Telly and The Count are a duo; Characters who have appeared together often, but not as a duo in the same way that...
  12. M

    Caroll Spinney & Martin Robinson

    has anybody noticed that a lot of characters that were performed by caroll spinney and Martin P. Robinson are often paired together? here are some examples: Big Bird (Spinney) and Mr. Snuffleupagus (robinson) Oscar (spinney) and Telly (robinson) Oscar and Slimey (robinson) Big Bird...
  13. M

    Muppet questions you were afraid to ask...

    The singer was voiced by Jim Henson, and he actually sounds like Jim Henson, not Scooter.
  14. M

    Question about Playhouse Videos' Back Covers

    Can anybody tell me what pictures were on the back covers of the playhouse Muppet Show compilation videos from 1985? here are what pictures I do know were included: (all from left to right) The Muppet Revue: Miss Piggy and the pigs on motorcycles (from "i get around"), Mahna Mahna in front...
  15. M

    Hurricane episodes to air September 12-16

    3 weeks I was just watching todays hurricane episode, and I noticed something interesting in Big Birds conversation with Granny. Granny told Big Bird that it would take her three weeks to fly to Sesame Street (and Big Bird was surprised when he heard how long it would take). In Follow That...
  16. M

    is "doin' the pigeon" edited on video?

    On the Songs From The Street album, the song Doin' The Pigeon, the song opens with this line: "Every time when I'm feel alone and slightly blue, That's when I begin to think that's what i'd like start to do, and even though it may not be your cup of tea, I reccommend this little dance...
  17. M

    Fred & Buster

    Did they ever interract with each other?
  18. M

    "The Geeful and the Gonk" (co-operation)

    I barely remember this. For some reason I am thinking that Frank Oz performed the geefle and Jerry Nelson performed the Gonk, even though I haven't seen this since before I knew that the muppets were really puppets (and before I knew about the various puppeteers). Am I right about the performers?
  19. M

    "America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

    Maybe it would be good if a show was done where old, forgotten muppet characters audition for a second chance as a major character. George, Hilda, Seymour, Nigel The Conductor, Nigel The Director, Digit, Leon, wayne, Wanda, and Mildred could all audition. Uncle Deadley and Lips would also be...
  20. M

    "America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

    Even though some new characters have been built to compete to be americas next muppet, I still hope that they all get to appear in future productions. The Jim Henson Hour only had a small number of new characters who were used regularly in other productions, and Muppets Tonight had more who...
Top