Search results

  1. M

    Sesame Street video pro's and con's

    What do you think are the pro's and con's of the various Sesame Street videos? Here are some of my pro's and con's: Learning About Letters: Pro's- most of the main cast from 1986 are included, all of the segments are from the 1970s or earlier, and it includes a Kermit The Frog segment...
  2. M

    Why Weren't Statler and Waldorf on Muppets Tonight

    They were on Muppets Tonight! They watched the show on television as opposed to in the studio. During the first season they watched the show at a nursing home, and in the secodn season they watched the show at a variety of different places, including a beach (in The Cameo Show), a bar (in the...
  3. M

    A funny observation about The Gorg's Garden and Outerspace

    Did Junior throw the crown? Could Junior throw something so good that it goes very far around the world?
  4. M

    Iavmmcm?

    It was shown on NBC last year, even though Disney owned the rights to the Muppets then. Of course, I'm not sure if NBC had a special contract with the jim henson company to show it that year (Disney didn't make any companies that already had contracts to release Muppet products cancel their...
  5. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I need an opinion I have been thinking about listing the pro's and con's of various videos, but I'm not sure if I should list them in this thread or if I should just start another thread. Any suggestions?
  6. M

    Blue Restaurant Guy?

    I don't think he's little enough to be a pack-in figure. After all, Kermit and Gonzo are kinda small and they got their own figures. I think Fat Blue's the average size of a muppet. If he was a pack-in, it would make most sense for him to come with Grover or some kind of Grover variant (Grover...
  7. M

    Uncle Deadly's last appearence.

    If you only care about what the last episode of The Muppet Show with Uncle Deadley was, then it was the episode with Jean Stapleton.
  8. M

    MUPPET MOVIE AND GMC DVD's RELEASED!!

    Pepe's Profile Performers Disney currently plans on having alternate performers for various Muppets for small productions. For example, in both Statler and waldorf: From The Balcony and ESPN Classics, Statler is performed by Drew Massey (instead of Steve Whitmire) while Waldorf is performed by...
  9. M

    Blue Restaurant Guy?

    Fat Blue also recently appeared in A Celebration of Me, Grover! A lot of minor characters, not just Fat Blue, have been appearing sparringly (and I mean really sparringly) ever since the format changed in 2002 (and even before then quite a few characters appeared less often). Some characters...
  10. M

    Dr. Teeth on MTV back in the 80s

    I think it would be cool if the entire band had appeared on MTV. I guess they could still make an appearance on MTV, and also VH1, BET (though it might be unlikely), and MTV 2. It would also be cool if Rowlf was interviewed on MTV or VH1. I wonder if Disney would allow Rowlf or The Electric...
  11. M

    "Christmas Eve" Episode

    Do you think that maybe ice skating might be different from roller skating? Caroll Spinney has said in his book that he performed Big Bird and Bruno while rollerskating. In fact, he first rollerskated while performing a costume character back when he was on the Boston varsion of Bozo's Big...
  12. M

    "Christmas Eve" Episode

    Has anybody noticed that at the beginning, Big Bird never talks but the other muppets do talk? I think that you can also tell that a different Big Bird costume is used for the opening sequence. Big Bird looks a lot lighter when ice skating then he does in the rest of the special (probably so he...
  13. M

    Sesame Street at the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade

    I feel like I am 96 percent sure that Caroll Spinney did perform Big Bird. I know that he's performed Big Bird in parades before, for at least an hour, so I'm sure that he's capable of performing Big Bird non-stop for two hours, but I'm not sure if a freelance puppeteer would be able to manage...
  14. M

    Follow That Bird Discussion Thread

    Would that mean that the voice actors also worked a glove that would radio controll the mouths, or would there be an additional puppeteer for that, making Miss Finch and the Dodos performed by three people each (with one performer not being given credit for the performance, as Miss Finch and the...
  15. M

    the new toy of the 2005 christas season: Buy Me Elmo!

    Announcer: Coming this christmas: Buy Me Elmo, the new toy from Sesame Workshop, the non-profit organization for kids that is formerly known as Childrens Television Workshop, and Tyco, the profitable toy company for kids that is currently known as Tyco. And now here is Proffessor Muffet with how...
  16. M

    Follow That Bird Discussion Thread

    I have looked at the back of the DVD box and noticed one picture that has Big Bird sitting in a vehicle (probably the truck, though it's shot at an angle where it's a little hard to see the truck driver) and looking sad. This wasn't in the movie. was it in the book? I know that Big Bird seemed...
  17. M

    "I've grown accustomed to your face" in 30 years special

    Oh. I forgot that a year was included. I know that some years were lsited on-screen for some clips. There was one for the clip from The Jack Paar Show with Kermit performing Inchworm. By the way, do you remember what year that clip was from? I wonder why years weren't listed for every clip...
  18. M

    Don't forget to watch the movie lyrics

    Theres a website called the Ssame Street Lyrics Archive which had the lyrics.
  19. M

    Your signature-explain yourselves!

    My new signature, "I tripple dog dare you!", comes from A Christmas Story.
  20. M

    2005 Macy's parade: Sesame Street

    It's good that they still include Herry, Alice, and Barkly in the thanksgiving day floats even though they don't appear on the show very much anymore. These characters were on last years float as well. When I first saw the reddish monster, I thought he looked like he could have been from one...
Top