Search results

  1. D

    Kids Entering Magic Lands

    Midnight Patrol, it had to be 1988 or so... that show drove me crazy for years because I had a vague recollection of it and couldn't even remember the name until sometime in the 90's when I got a Dasdardly and Muttley video that had it as one of the previews at the end. I remembered Fantastic...
  2. D

    Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

    I said "more current." I picked out that one from a couple years ago to make a point. Not so much as far as the dress goes, but as far as the new stiffer head constructions go. The older small AM's were basically glove puppets similar to Kermit or even Walter, but it appears they're stiffened...
  3. D

    Abby Cadabby mentioned in "Cinderella Ate My Daughter!"

    Either. It seems when Abby screws up and gets frustrated, she seems to take it with a more "what's the use" kick over a can and shrug shoulders type way. She did that at least a couple times, I swear she did. But it seems more likely (at least lately) that she shrugs it off as an "oh well"...
  4. D

    Overrated Movies

    Yes it was. And I bet if they rereleased it in theaters it would make more money than if they made that new live action one rumored to be in production. Now if they had a completely CGI Catillac Cats movie, I'd be all over that.
  5. D

    The Chipmunks

    The only difference between the new one and the one I already have is that it has the Thanksgiving episode on it. Still, I wish they'd just do a collection set. At least the full season of Go to the Movies. I've only seen like 4 or 5 of them.
  6. D

    Abby Cadabby mentioned in "Cinderella Ate My Daughter!"

    Token characters are the worst, but it really isn't the fault of the creators. These groups complain they aren't being represented, but any time they add a character with flaws and problems (stuff that makes a character rich and believable) someone gets antsy pants about it and complains, and...
  7. D

    Abby Cadabby mentioned in "Cinderella Ate My Daughter!"

    Zoe stuck around. Lulu didn't capture the attention of the kids watching, but bad timing also stifled the character. After all, her puppeteer went off to Broadway for Avenue Q. Abby has that special something that the other girls didn't, but it seems that it got watered down when they tried...
  8. D

    The Chipmunks

    Another DVD release Chipette related... doesn't actually list the episodes for some reason.
  9. D

    Global Grover: Trinidad and Tobago

    He's Trinidadian and Toboggan!
  10. D

    Singing Christmas Kermit & Piggy at Walgreen's

    I don't quite frequent Walgreens much, so I popped in to look at these things. I was expecting the Kermit to be the size of a TY Beany Baby or something. This sucker is HUGE for 8 bucks! Almost the size of the Disney version. WOw!
  11. D

    Overrated Movies

    The funny thing is that the live action movies, 8 times out of 10, tend to fail and fail big time. Speed Racer was a huge flop that didn't even make budget, Dudley Do-Right and Rocky and Bullwinkle collapsed quickly. Dragonball did laughably and deservedly poor... even when they get things...
  12. D

    Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

    Simple. The hot new thing for companies is to just shove all the special features on Blu-Ray. Anyone see the Lion King re-release? The Blu ray had hours of bonus footage, the DVD release had some pathetic oh well, it's something. I don't want to go on a huge rant about that, but it's...
  13. D

    Pre-Order: "The Muppets" on Blu-ray and DVD coming March 20

    And I bet none of them have the extended edition we were hoping for. That's really depressing, but they make the DVD's before the movie even gets released to theaters now. Who wants to be the deleted stuff is ALL on the Blu-ray?
  14. D

    HA! Character Running For President?(CNN)

    Love how he trashed the five millionth Republican debate.
  15. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    The Smurfs stuff literally came out just after the movie hit theaters. I really think Sony didn't have any faith in the movie at all, but took the chance to move it up to July and then everything went uphill from there. Once the merchandise hit store shelves (at least the first time) they...
  16. D

    Overrated Movies

    I couldn't hate the Underdog movie enough being a huge fan of the original cartoon series. I look at that and I just don't see the problem with the Bullwinkle movie. At least in terms of being true to the cartoon. It was perfectly cast, June Foray was back as Rocky and cartoon Natasha, a...
  17. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    Pffft! August is instant death for ANY movie. Like I always say, does anyone remember the G.I. Joe movie? How about someone who doesn't frequent Marshall's and see the toys on permanent clearance? I don't think it would have fared well in summer at all. Maybe last week of July as a...
  18. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    They probably have some stuff waiting in the wings. The toys are selling quite nicely, selling out in various stores... the amazon scalpers are starting to hit those prices up. And we had no clue about the giant sized Animal or Kermit. Walter's release was a huge surprise too. Still, like I...
  19. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    This is an extremely complicated situation that makes no sense whatsoever. A summer's worth of movies in 2 weeks. But most of them, we all can agree, aren't exactly family films. TinTin and Chipmunks are... and I'm sure they're going to just cream a month old movie, but I'm not entirely sure...
  20. D

    What about Walter?

    I have no doubt we'll see Walter again. He wouldn't be the first movie specific character to be absorbed into a TV show... Clueless Morgan and Polly Lobster were the first to have that honor. But what his role will be is anyone's guess. Will he be the whistling guy? Will he be the behind the...
Top