Search results

  1. D

    "The Muppets": Audience Reactions

    In the film's defense, Rango isn't something I'd take young children to see. If there was a PG 7+up rating, Rango would need one. Luckily when I saw it, the kids were all a bit older... I remember kids crying during the scary parts of Toy Story 3 (but for the record, the movie didn't market...
  2. D

    Scooter Appreciation Thread For The Most Underappraciated, Disrespected Muppet of Ever

    He seemed part of the gang the most in MTM... they don't meet up with him in the first one until they find the abandoned Presbyterian Church where Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem are performing, he pops up in the Happiness Hotel in the next one, and his presence only grows, but MTM he seemed...
  3. D

    Was it Disney's choice to change some of the Muppet's appearance?

    The ugly curly girl-fro was a HUGE 1980's hairstyle. Everyone from Cher to April O'Neil (comic and movie only) had that fluffy ugly on their heads. Just like how Janice's askew pony tail was popular at the time. Fortunately for Piggy, she didn't carry that hairstyle for almost 2 decades. The...
  4. D

    Lylle Breier

    That's good. I'd hate to think that somehow they decided the movie underperformed when, lets face it, we had the weakest movie turn out this weekened since 2008. That just means more people are shopping and buying stuff for Christmas. The only shame is that it was the Muppets last weekend...
  5. D

    Lylle Breier

    I hope this was A) a promotion B) that someone who takes the position is hungry to keep the Muppets going and C) this isn't some outlandish overreaction over the fact that the box office has been slow the past 2 weeks (it did get almost 70 mil in 3 weeks alone, making it the third grossing...
  6. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    Good reviews don't equal box office success. Even then, all New Years Eve is just a lame chick flick. It's not exactly the time of year for dates just yet. It's going to sink like a stone the next 2 weeks. Really, it's like an entire summer's worth of movie blockbusters are coming out in 2...
  7. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    Kids will discover the Muppets through this movie the same way that kids discovered the Smurfs through their thing... I'm sure the fans made up the bulk of the audience, but I'm sure the more casual type that had kids brought them in. I can tell kids were probably screaming to see Happy Feet...
  8. D

    Racial Coding in The Muppets

    Let's look at the Moopets, shall we? I'll give them Foozie being a Gangsta stereotype... but come on. Kermoot is CLEARLY a white emo kid, Roowlf's just a punk (or maybe from the Star Trek Mirror dimension... he DOES have a goatee... that's quite obviously the reference)... Poogy's a drag...
  9. D

    Racial Coding in The Muppets

    Racism's an easy thing to claim. Some easily offended doofus thinks they see something and shrieks and squeals until they get heard. Being heard equates them with being right. And if they're loud enough and someone actually does something about it, then they complain that it makes them all...
  10. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    It is indeed the one that made the most money, but it sold less tickets because the tickets cost more now than they did back then. Even then, it did better than most of them. Small screen is nice, but they need to have a theatrical film every so often. I'd hate to see just DTV projects...
  11. D

    Racial Coding in The Muppets

    I have to disagree on one thing... this ISN"T an interesting article.. it's poop short and simple. It's Reno. Reno is the ugly fat depressing sister of Vegas. The film wasn't making a statement about safe clean imaginary 1950's towns are good and urban settings are evil... just Reno is a...
  12. D

    What is your wish for Christmas?

    I want TWO big balls of GLUUUUUUE to be mah friends!
  13. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    Worldwide or just nationally (world wide includes Mexico and Brazil where the movie's already released)? Still... considering that the last Muppet movie only made (adjusted) 26 mil and even MCC made a modest 52 mil domestically (it probably did a lot better on home video). 70... or even just 66...
  14. D

    Rewind Reviews: A Special Sesame Street Christmas

    That's a very unfair comparison for one reason. ASSC is basically a 1970's variety show TV special, while CEOS is so timeless, you don't even notice the fact that Hooper and David died decades ago. ASSC has to rely on random guests singing NOT Christmas Music (except for Michael Jackson... the...
  15. D

    Redesigned Muppets for "The Muppets" movie

    That's what I'd say too. I highly doubt Disney made any of the big decisions about what the characters should look like. If they did have anything to do with brighter colors, I didn't quite notice it. Is there any truth that Fozzie's fur isn't even manufactured anymore? Some of these things...
  16. D

    Mid 90's Toons! (Tick, Rockos, Eek the Cat, Critic, Catdog, Family Dog)

    I've grown to not hate Power Rangers and respect its fan base (it's huge) years ago... but Fox's best shows were Eek and Tick and all that other weird stuff. Somehow I remember Digimon coming in 1999, then they just went overkill 2000 to 2002 when the network ended. Sucks the kind of Kid's...
  17. D

    Is this cartoon really so bad?

    On the subject... is there ANYONE who actually liked Allen Gregory? I mean, that show was just... ugh... the pastel pallet was very unpleasant to begin with, it seems like the show's only capable of 2 kinds of characters... oblivious and deadpan straightmen. There wasn't a single character...
  18. D

    Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

    Those aluminum water bottles are for water only. Which is the only reason I don't want one.
  19. D

    Some thoughts on Muppet Treasure Island

    I love how Jerry turns Blind Pew into a clumsy, Inspector Clouseau type character yet manages to make him threatening at the same time. I say a lot of things about MCC... I love it as a Christmas Movie... I love it as a character interpretation of Christmas Carol (though it would be third to...
  20. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    Here's the thing... to us, Smurfs is some obnoxious dopey 80's fad. To Europe, these are classic comic book characters they've had since the late 50's. I will say, I'd expect the opposite, and have Belgians complaining about how the Americans ruined their classic franchise. The Japanese hated...
Top