Search results

  1. D

    What the "Stop Online Piracy Act" could mean for us USA folks...?

    Proof we're doing just fine without it See? Example made.
  2. D

    Fan Poll: Favorite Sesame Street Christmas Production

    There is NO contest... Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is too great a special. Elmo Saves Christmas would be a distant second... and all the way at the lonely bottom is a Very Special Sesame Street Christmas for me. It's too much a 1970's variety show for its own good. And Michael Jackson's the...
  3. D

    Elmo in Grouchland: Any fans?

    Unfortunately no... I tried looking for it and never could. There are small clips here and there of bloopers, but I never managed to find the actual special.
  4. D

    Sesame Street launches Afghanistan show!

    Eh... they set up shop in worse locations. I thought they already had their own show, which was a dub of the Egyptian one. Nice to see SW is still continuing to spread peace and joy in horrible, war ravaged areas of the world. That's the most important thing they do, and the closest to Jim...
  5. D

    Abby Cadabby mentioned in "Cinderella Ate My Daughter!"

    I'm sure we would have seen more Lulu in time had her puppeteer been more available. Seems they tried bringing her back a couple seasons ago, but it was only a cameo. I love Prairie, but she works better as a straight man in a comedy sketch... those Letter of the Day game segments, those...
  6. D

    Breaking news!

    The most amazing part is, a dictator actually died in office at a younger age, and didn't wind up outliving every president that tried to get him out of power... you know, like Castro.
  7. D

    Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

    I really am struggling with whether I like MFC and CEOSS better. They're both just so great. CEOSS is very emotionally driven. You get a lot of great character emotions you don't usually see (even in the old days). Ernie and Bert subtly saying their friendship is more important than even...
  8. D

    What's the weirdest movie you've ever seen?

    I tried watching Fantastic Planet too. That was really weird. But not quite in a fun way. Kinda a scary nightmarish weird.
  9. D

    The Chipmunks

    If I didn't have it on DVD already, I would have been REALLY ticked off. They edited out the BEST part of the special. Alvin's feverish nightmare about Clyde Crashcup. Booooo!
  10. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    That's because Twiblight has a larger fan base of shrieking teenage girls and the completely uninterested boyfriends they dragged to it. But even in that film's second week, it was only a matter of a couple million between that and The Muppets. And like I said the hundred thousandth time, The...
  11. D

    Hobbit trailer TOMORROW

    Ah, so they DID make this movie. I heard MGM was sitting the heck on the movie rights.
  12. D

    What's in store for the Muppets in 2012 article

    I am by no means a fan of motion capture. But I think that's because Zermerkis had a crappy system. This one looks far more full of life and vigor with GOOD character designs than any of his films did. Why he felt the need to make Polar Express look so whispy and zombie like was beyond me...
  13. D

    Elmo in Grouchland: Any fans?

    Of course there's a good story there... so good that they already did something like it.
  14. D

    Shalom Sesame Chanukah airing in NYC/NJ Area

    There are things I like about the new one over the old version. I kinda never cared much for the dubbed footage... it's all "This is how the characters sound" and there's nothing more jarring than the half English/Half Hebrew stops between the songs. It would have been better to have them...
  15. D

    Letters to Santa: Some thoughts

    This special would have been great if it went through one more rewrite or ran another half hour broadcast. It seems that there should be something in the middle that isn't there, like watching the beginning and the end of a movie. Still, I wish either the rest of the Muppets popped up in...
  16. D

    The Muppets is now the top-grossing Muppet movie

    I'm sure it will explode in the UK. It may not have been #1 at the BO for 3 consecutive weeks of Summer traffic, but it made a modest 70 mil over in the US/Canda release. Anything beyond its first week was gravy anyway, it made back its budget... and it did no where near as bad as the last...
  17. D

    What are the Weirdest Christmas Specials you've ever seen?

    Inspired by the movies post, I thought I'd like to take a crack at this... Some of these are technically Christmas Episodes, but I count them. Earthworm Jim: For Whom the Jingle Bell Tolls Queen Slug for a Butt kidnaps Santa Claus in an effort to replace his jolliness with evil, only to find...
  18. D

    Fan Poll: Favorite Muppet Christmas Production

    There is nothing topping Muppet Family Christmas. Trying to take out the nostalgia factor and the wow and wonder of seeing Henson's Big 3 come together... it's still a great special. I have to say, Sesame Street's specials should be considered too... because basically tied for first place for...
  19. D

    Is it time for a good Muppets video game?

    Oh, yeah! I can see a Sam and Max type game very clearly. Something where you need to search for props and get the other Muppets involved... some of which would only help you if you give them something in return. Something with a well done script and different funny reactions when different...
  20. D

    Shalom Sesame Chanukah airing in NYC/NJ Area

    I wish they'd air the other ones too. I don't like the thought of having to buy the really expensive DVD's to see a single half hour episode.
Top