Search results

  1. D

    What is your favorite childhood toy?

    For the longest time, I was able to get those outside a store for a QUARTER! That's why I was able to get everyone but Hey Arnold out of the first one. I pretty much stopped collecting that kind of figure when they became harder and harder to find. I'm not a huge Camp Lazlo fan... I kinda...
  2. D

    Songs You Can't Stand

    It's not really a Christmas song. It was written for he musical Mame... here's the plot synopsis from wikipedia: In context of the play, the "little" Christmas makes perfect sense... at least according to that. And trust me, I HATE the fact my mother listened to show tunes and I kinda know...
  3. D

    Get me my cane...

    I love cartridges. Unfortunately, that's why the N64 didn't last too long (at least according to that book I read, Game Over), because everyone was transitioning towards cheaper to produce disks. Too bad the Dreamcast didn't do too well, but I never really liked 3-D games. They're great for...
  4. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    If I can put both VMX and TM together (with a little TMM), Piggy needed Kermit to help focus her career and gain confidence in the entertainment field (not counting the relationship, Kermit gave her a leg up by having her join the troupe)... hence the alternate timeline where Kermit was never...
  5. D

    Early Reports: Looks like Muppets will be #2 (next to Twilight)

    A Muppet start up movie would have been creamed in the Summer. There was one big kid friendly blockbuster a month, and at least 2 or 3 a month of action films. Look at how depressing Pooh did. #4 and sank... and Pooh was marketed over Mickey and Goofy for the longest time. There's no...
  6. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    Why does no one ever bring up that Big Bird was a guest of the Nixon White House? Why does everyone forget Barbra Bush and her Daughter in law were both welcomed on Sesame Street? The sad thing is, while it's a small difference, it's still a difference. At the very least the Dems want to...
  7. D

    Your Thoughts: "The Muppets" Theatrical Film

    In the same scenes, but not "together" as a couple. They were both very flat in that one.
  8. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    Hey! TOLD ya it wasn't going to happen. I'm extremely disappointed that its not happening, along with the obvious merchandising tie ins... and the fact they called it Gatchaman in the first place (I HAAAATE the Battle of the Planets dub). But that's what happens when you get some ex-Dreamworks...
  9. D

    The Muppets may be in trouble. :-/

    No, they're glued to it because they're MORONS! They think they're laughing at the motley crew of hos they have on those programs, but even ironic ratings are ratings. The only way to defeat them is to turn the television off and stop talking about them.
  10. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    Can't happen. Imagi is dead. it folded last year and with it plans for Gatchaman.
  11. D

    "The Muppets": Audience Reactions

    Once the film started, those kids were quiet and very happy. If they didn't have developmental disabilities, then they must've never been in a theater before. The loudness and the crowds may just have scared the heck out of the little kids. This is MFS we're talking about and back when this...
  12. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    Where was Fox News during Cars 2? I'm really surprised they didn't say anything about that. Why? Well, when I watched the film, I noticed the sneaky little subversive subplot. The film's story has to do with this rich oil baron Rover V8 who supposedly converted himself to an electric car and...
  13. D

    The Muppets may be in trouble. :-/

    I feel it has the appeal of terrible fan fics where they randomly pair up characters. I think that's what female porn is... bad forced relationship crap. I don't wanna get too into that, as it's of an adult nature not suitable for this site... but yeah. it's ALL about the sex, albeit slow...
  14. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    What class warfare? That's what my point is. The villain winds up saving the day. I'm shocked conservatives didn't take that away. That's a perfect example of things working out with the government to step in. If Kermit put in a call to Obama to raise Richman's taxes enough so he couldn't...
  15. D

    The Muppets may be in trouble. :-/

    "Why am I on a wait list to scrub toilets that will barely pay for my student loans that I won't get because I speak English and can't be threatened with the INS when I want something decadent like Healthcare and or minimum wage?" Silliest one of all.
  16. D

    If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

    I do not see why the new puppeteers would fail to do them justice. Quite the opposite. Unlike MT, now we don't have to invent a huge backlog of hit or miss characters to fill in roles left by characters no longer there. Fozzie and Piggy were barely in MT. And when they were, it was one skit...
  17. D

    The Muppets is Brainwashing Our Kids

    At the risk of offending conservative Muppet fans (who are probably offended at this as it is)... Does this actually surprise anyone? Fox News is a caricature of itself that brings out the worst in conservatives AND liberals, and I blame that sort of cheap partisanship and sensationalized...
  18. D

    The Muppets may be in trouble. :-/

    EH... the people who complain about it virtually never see them and have nothing to do for or against them other than complaining. Sure, some will see it out of spite so they have something to complain about (bows), but most of them will just complain about it and not bother. Chipmunks is a...
Top