Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I forgot to give my comments on the skit where Big Bird met Little Bird. Anyway, I thought that skit was good. I figured that Jim Henson probably performed Little Bird in that appearance, though I expected him to give Little Bird a high-pitched Kermit-sounding voice rather than a Waldorf-like...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I watched all of the Season 1 Classic Cuts, so I'll post my thoughts on the clips included. First of all, this seems to have the rarest clips, only two of which have previously been released on video, and as far as I know only two were shown on Noggin's Sesame Street Unpaved series.Still, for...
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: The World According to Sesame Street

    I noticed that at one point, there is a sampling of Rubber Duckie dubbed into a few different languages. It's been awhile since I last saw Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, but is this just a clip from the scene from that special that featured the song in a few different languages or a...
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Well, I finally found a copy. One copy at Suncoast. It wasn't ther eyesterday, but it was there today. I watched disc one. I really liked the first episode. It was said that the first skit that got cut was replaced, but I expected it to be shown at the same spot in the show. Still, I liked...
  5. M

    a question about that has probably asked a 1000 times

    In The Story of Jim Henson: Creator of the Muppets, it is said that many people would look at Kermit and say to Jim Henson, "You've got a frog", and he'd say, "no, it's a creature". I guess that would inspire him to make Kermit into a frog. And I don't think this question has even been asked...
  6. M

    Lack of charachters in the early 1980's

    Well, I think that was just an insert, not part of a street story or plot (though it seems like a lot of early episodes don't really have plots). Perhaps when Jim Henson was performing for that season he was able to perform on the street set (he did still perform in street scenes in such 1980s...
  7. M

    Sesame Old School DVD has edits

    Music rights for television are different from music rights for video and DVD releases (are they also different for audio releases?). Normally whenever a TV show or special that used copyrighted music gets released on home video or DVD, the producers have to pay for the rights again, and I think...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I know that a few other episodes on the set have sketches repeated. For example, the Baker film for the number two (also seen in episode 1) was shown twice in another episode. Noggin edited some of the repeats within the episodes but also aired some episodes with both showings of repeated sketches.
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: The World According to Sesame Street

    I watched it and liked it, though it was a bit boring at times (I'm not as into the international versions as I am the American version). I liked how a lot of really old american clips were shown. I was surprised to see part of the opening from the baker films, and while I figured Kermit would...
  10. M

    Question: Did the Muppet Show Theatre have an actual name?

    Was it called the Benny Vandergast Theater or the Benny Vandergast Memorial Theater? Oddly enough, Kermit said in the episode where the theaters name is mentioned that the muppets owe a lot to Benny, including three months rent, which would imply that Benny was still alive and still the owner of...
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Regarding the bonus clips, when one ends and another one begins, do they just cut to the next clip, or do the skits fade to black before another one is shown, or is there some other type of transition?
  12. M

    Walmart exclusive DVDs (were we aware of these?)

    If you want to see it, just go to Walmart and you'll find it. The sticker says "Walmart exclusive". It's weird that there apparantly haven't been any press releases announcing them. I would think that Sesame Workshop or Walmart would have wanted to promote them.
  13. M

    will Jim Henson's works ever have DVD audio commentary?

    I was referring to projects that Jim Henson himself had involvement with. The Muppet Christmas Carol and Muppets From Space were both made after Jim Henson died (Muppet Treasure Island, also made after Henson's death, had commentary in the original DVD release). Of course, I don't know if...
  14. M

    Walmart exclusive DVDs (were we aware of these?)

    When I went to walmart looking for Sesame Street: Old School Vol. 1 today, although I ddin't find any copies (I also didn't find any copies of The World According to Sesame Street), I did find three Sesame Street DVDs that I wasn't aware of. I don't know if anybody here knew about them. Anyway...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    If volume two has the second five season premiers then it will probably be included. It was in the season six premier. It's mostly just the 2 segments repeated in various episodes (it seems like 2 was a frequent season premier sponsor). Well, I spent most of the day looking for it, but...
  16. M

    will Jim Henson's works ever have DVD audio commentary?

    When I heard that TMM and GMC were being rereleased last year, I had hoped that Dave Goelz, Steve Whitmire, Jerry Nelson, and maybe also Frank Oz and Jerry Juhl would have done a commentary track. Frank Oz has given commentary for DVD releases of other movies he directed, so why not The Dark...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I've noticed that it seems like none of Christopher Cerf's contributions have been included on the set. I don't know when he began working on the show, but I think it was early on. I don't think any of the songs that he provided voices in are included (none of Little Jerry and the Monotones...
  18. M

    will Jim Henson's works ever have DVD audio commentary?

    Has anybody noticed that nothing that Jim Henson has ever worked on has been released on DVD with an audio commentary feature? Not even big special edition sets, like The Dark Crystal, Labrynth, and The Storyteller collectors editions, and certainly not the recent anniversary rereleases of The...
  19. M

    Sesame Old School Vol. 1: Why only 5 episodes?

    I wonder how much more it would have cost to either include one more episode or one more disc with 2-3 more episodes. I wonder if more episodes would have meant less-to-zero bonus skits and no original pilot pitch. And if Sesame Workshop decided to release more episodes on future volumes, I...
  20. M

    Why does my daughter love bert more than ernie?

    If your daughter loves Bert more than Ernie, you shouldn't be asking why she loves him more. You should be asking your daughter, "if you love Bert so much then why don't you marry him?" ;)
Top