Search results

  1. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's cookie jar gag

    (Harvey Kneeslaper pushes a toy snake inside a small cookie jar. After Harvey puts on the lid, he notices the audience) Harvey Kneeslapper: Oh, hello, there. I'm going to play a great joke. You see, I put a big toy snake, with a spring inside the toy snake, into this small cookie jar, and then...
  2. M

    special letters

    Prairie Dawn: Hello, there. Prairie Dawn here. Did you know that each letter of the alphabet is special? Grover: That is right. A is awesome. Oscar: B is better. Cookie Monster: C is crunchy! D is delicious! Bert: E is an earful. Abby Cadabby: F is a favorite. Grover: G is gorgeous...
  3. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    episode 406 This epsiode first aired on November 27, 1972. Sesame Street has celebrated it's 10th, 20th, 25th, 30th, and 35th anniversaries. Whenever Mr. Snuffleupagus is on the set but not being used, he is hung on hooks so that he won't get in the way of things. alphabet...
  4. M

    interesting first season facts

    Recently, at Muppet Wiki, some users have visited the CTW Archives at The University of Maryland, and have posted quite a few interesting facts about Sesame Street. Some of the guides now list official first appearances of certain sketches (the Number Song Series, previously listed there as The...
  5. M

    Grover and the trampoline

    (Grover is bouncing on a trampoline at the arbor area) Grover: Hello, there! It is I, Grover, and I am bouncing on a trampoline. How fun! Jumping is good excersize, and this trampoline makes it easier. And it helps me jump really, really high! But now, I am ready to take a rest. I think I will...
  6. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Season 3 Classic Cuts (excluding ones I don't know much about) C is for Cookie C is for Cookie was written by Joe Raposo for The Muppet Alphabet Album. All of the songs form that album originated there, and most of them were performed on the show in the third season, usually using...
  7. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's Barber Shop Gag

    That was funny. I wonder if Fat Blue would rather get his hair cut by Grover.
  8. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper-B in your bonnet

    I don't get it.
  9. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    And now morsels for the rest of episode 276: Tom and Kids A variety of people have helped out at Hooper's Store, including Tom, David, Gina, Carlo, and Gabbi. David took over ownership of Hooper's Store after Mr. Hooper died. Mr. Handford later took over ownership from David, and...
  10. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Again with the episode 276 morsels: The Great Cookie Thief This sketch was later adapted into a book, Wanted: The Great Cookie Thief. Cookie Monster has also had the alternate identity of Allistar Cookie in the Monsterpiece Theater segments. The green cowboy in this sketch was...
  11. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    Here is a thread to post your ideas for Old School Vol. 2. I will make a few differnet ideas, to see what would be best or worst. Here is my idea (most episode numbers are selected at random): Volume 2: 1969-1976 Disc 1: episodes 2 and 285 Alphabet Classic Cuts: The Sound of...
  12. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    More morsels for episode 276: Grover the Waiter This is the first sketch with Grover as a waiter. Grover has had many jobs over the years, including elevador operador, door-to-door salesman, singing telegram deliverer, mailman, flight attendant, and taxi driver. Grover's usual...
  13. M

    who wrote what?

    Since Chris Langham was hired because the producers wanted to have a crazy british writer, I wonder if Chris Langham wrote most of the craziest, most bizarre stuff from the later years, like Pigs in Space: dissolvatron, trudge trudge streaka streaka, Danny Boy, the cluck-itis backstage plot, the...
  14. M

    top 40 skits wanted for Old School Volume 2

    I guess this thread isn't as popular as I thought it would be. Did I go too far in suggesting that people list their top 40 most wanted skits for the next set, in two seperate lists (top 40 from the first five years, top 40 from the second five years)?
  15. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    More episode 276 morsels: Cookie Monster, Luis, and M In 2002, Cookie Monster began hosting The Letter of the Day on Sesame Street. Prairie Dawn co-hosted the segments, starting in 2004. In 2005, The Letter of the Day became a game show, The Letter of the Day Games. Cookie...
  16. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    episode 276 opening This episode of Sesame Street was first broadcast on November 8, 1971. Starting this season, the show begins teaching spanish, with the addition of three spanish-speaking characters: Luis, Rafael, and Maria. In the thirty-third season, a regular daily feature...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: New Green and Red Christmas CD

    Does Zoot talk on this album or not? From what's been said here, it sounds like he doesn't sing, but I thought I read that the album credits Dave Goelz as Zoot, and it would be weird to credit him if his voice isn't heard. What songs sound like they would have made the best music videos?
  18. M

    who wrote what?

    On most variety shows, all of the writers get credited equally, with no specific credit regarding what segments each writer wrote. Do you ever wonder who wrote what? I often wonder who wrote what sketch on The Muppet Show, Sesame Street, and other shows. There isn't much information out...
  19. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Season 2 Classic Cuts King of 8 The King of 8 was created by Jim Henson for Sesame Street. Jerry Nelson was the opening voice-over. Jim Henson performed the King of 8. The guards were voiced by Jim Henson and Jerry Nelson. Jim Henson also worked on a similar stop-motion...
  20. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Granny Grouch Before Sesame Street, Bob toured Japan and was a very popular teenage pop idol. Bob McGraph could have continued to be a Japanese singing star, but chose not to. Seems like Bob doesn't think he's fast enought o run to Oscar's can. Oscar first became green for an...
Top