Search results

  1. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Here are some more morsels for episode 131: Fireman film Some of Sesame Street's writers have included Jeff Moss, Jerry Juhl, and Norman Stiles. Some of Sesame Street's songwriters have included Joe Raposo, Jeff Moss, Christopher Cerf, Thad Mumford, and Sam Pottle. One of Sesame...
  2. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Some more season two premier morsels: Arte Johnson explains Q and U Arte Johnson was a regular on Laugh-In. Another regular on that show was Ruth Buzzi, who joined the cast of Sesame Street as Ruthie from 1993-1998. There have been many times when episodes featured skits for letters...
  3. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    And now here are some fictional morsels for episode 131: Opening This episode of Sesame Street was first broadcast on November 9, 1970. In addition to the Sesame Street theme song, Joe Raposo also wrote the theme for Three's Company. In the previous season, only the numbers 2...
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    One nitpick about the booklet is that it points out that Jim Henson was the voice of the baker, and that Henson wasn't the actor who played him, but it does not say who the actor playing the baker was.
  5. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Well, I finsihed the morsles for the first episode, and I had fun doing it. Now I will write ficitious morsels for the Season One Clasic Cuts, except for the oens that I don't know much to write about (Swinging Gibbon and Alphabet Soup): Bein' Green Bein' Green was written by Joe Raposo...
  6. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Here are some more from the first episode: Bob's dollar bill trick Kermit the Frog was created by Jim Henson for his first television series, Sam and Friends, a nightly five-minute show which aired locally in Washington, D.C. from 1955 untill 1961. The first Kermit puppet was made...
  7. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    More first episode morsels: Gordon and Anything Muppets The Anything People were later renamed Anything Muppets. The first two Anything Muppets in this sketch were performed by Frank Oz -- one on each hand! Many Sesame Street sketches have taken place in front of a plain-colored...
  8. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Here are some more morsels for episode 1: Song of 3 This segment is one in a series of counting segments produced by Jim Henson for the first season of Sesame Street. Segments were made for the numbers one through ten. The opening song for this series of sketches was written by Joe...
  9. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    Episode 1 opening sequence Sesame Street was first broadcast on TV on November 10, 1969. It was broadcast on NET, which stood for National Educational Television. A year later, it was changed to PBS, the Public Broadcast System, because the network feared that people weren't interested...
  10. M

    Sesame Street Muppet Morsels

    I am going to write some fictional Muppet Morsels for the episodes of Sesame Street that were included in the "Old School" box set. I also plan to do this for the classic cuts, but am unsure if I'll do this for the pilot pitch. I will list ficticious morsels for each episode at a few...
  11. M

    DVD predicitons for 2007

    That would sound great.
  12. M

    TMS Season One - alternate order

    Here are my thoughts on a good alternate order: Rita Moreno Joel Grey Jim Nabors Ben Vereen Florence Henderson Harvey Korman Charles Aznavour Mummenshaz Paul Williams Lena Horne Connie Stevens Juliet Prowse Bruce Forsythe Twiggy Ruth Buzzi Candice Bergen Avery...
  13. M

    unneccessary muppets

    The first jugband looks more muppet-like, but I like the second one better.
  14. M

    Lets Make A List

    I started a similar thread in the Sesame Merchandise folder, which didn't seem to be as popular as I had hoped. Anyway, here is a list of classic early (pre-season 11) clips that I want to see: Song of Nine What's My Part?: Foot Jazz #7 Song of One Lefty tries to sell Ernie a letter...
  15. M

    characters who have appeared in full-body shots

    I think the illustrations from the credits look like the illustrations from many illustrated books from the late-1970s (the various storybooks from the early-1970s seemed to have a messier illustration style).
  16. M

    Scooter presents The Muppet Show Season 4 Guest Star Moments

    I think you meant three, not two. And if George Reeve was a guest star that would have made four (I don't know if he was still alive at that point or not). And if the actor from The Incredible Hulk was a guest that would be five. And if Daniel Segren, who played Spider-Man on The Electric...
  17. M

    unneccessary muppets

    I thought I would start a thread about unneccessary muppets. It is fun for there to be a lot of muppets, even if a lot are unneccessary, and a lot of the unneccessary muppets are cool, but some also seem pointless. Some people here seem to dislike unneccessary characters. However, I say that...
  18. M

    questions about the Muppet Central guide

    I have soem questions regarding the Muppet Show episode guide at Mupet Central. There are many times in the guide where soem fact about the script is mentioned. Does the person in charge of the guide have copies of scripts, or were these changes mentioend somewhere else? The Muppet Morsels...
  19. M

    big v and gorgon heap

    I wonder if the Gorgon Heap puppet is just a completely rebuilt version of the Big V puppet. Sure, he was named Gorgon Heap once, but do we know if Henson officially used that name for him elsewhere (not counting the Muppet Morsels). He was called feldling in the Joel Grey epsiode (but that was...
  20. M

    DVD report - IAVMMCM is everywhere!

    I have seen this DVD in stores for the last few christmas. I think these are probably just unsold copies that the stores keep between the holiday season, so I don't know if this DVD is still in print.
Top