Search results

  1. M

    Pepe's Finest Moments

    There's the joke he and Seymour told about crossing an elephant with a rhino. And the time he acted a sJason Alexander's good concience opposite Seymour as the bad concience. And Pepe in a tutu from Muppets From Space (though that might be too visual for the podcast). And in It's a Very Merry...
  2. M

    Sesame Street: A Celebration of Forty Years

    I've been thinking, wouldn't it be great if this book came with a bonus anniversary CD-Rom? It could have the following stuff: Coloring Pages Not really that interesting, but the pages could be illustrated recreations of various scenes, and also include obscure characters like Bruno and...
  3. M

    pigs haven't been used much this decade

    I've noticed that for the majority of this decade, most pig characters besides Miss Piggy haven't been used at all in any productions. Howard Tubman had a cameo in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and a similar-looking pig was used in Tinseltown, but otherwise we haven't seen the pgis...
  4. M

    Miss Piggy's two recurring sketches

    I've recently noticed some similarities and contrasts to Miss Piggy's two recurring sketches, Veterinarian's Hospital and Pigs in Space. For one, both sketches feature three regular characters. And in both, the three usually appear in the same spots in every sketch, but in contrast, in VT...
  5. M

    Season 35 Available on iTunes

    It's a dang-old shame that "volume 1" didn't include any early episodes. I wonder if there are any intentions to release earlier episodes on iTunes.
  6. M

    Disney greenlights "The Muppet Show" comics

    Well, I was looking at the blog comments, and Roger Langridge left a comment. It actually is a fifth issue, the start of a new four-issue story arc. Langridge said that Boom! refers to the first of all storyarcs as "#1", but Langridge wouldn't do it that way. The storyline is called "The...
  7. M

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    Uh, are you aware that Palisades went out of buisness a few years ago? The Muppets line ended in 2005. Palisades did have a license to make Sesame Street figures, but went out of buisness before the first series could be released, and the only Sesame Street release was an exclusive Super...
  8. M

    Fan Fic: The Muppets 55th Anniversary Planning Special

    And now, here is the final act of the special. (Statler and Waldorf are sitting on a bench outside, reading a newspaper) Statler: Well, it looks like the Muppets are working on a 55th anniversary special. Waldorf: Well, I don't want to watch this special, but there is something I do...
  9. M

    comedy duo billing

    I've often wonder, are there any known reasons why, in a comedy duo, the straight man usually gets top billing over the comic?
  10. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Actually, they are two volumes of 27 episodes, not two complete season sets. Both have episodes from the first season, which was a daily 65-episode season. The othe rtwo seasons were 13-episode seasons broadcast on satrday morning. I read at Wikipedia that the first two seasons were actually...
  11. M

    Miss Piggy wasn't very mean to Kermit in the 1980s

    Actually, going by production order, the Linda Ronstadt episode came long after the Loretta Switt episode.
  12. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    One thing that's interesting is that on the old site, it avoided disambiguating titles, but on the new site, there are titles that appear on multiple clips, with no slight difference in titles. For example, there are three different Newsflash segments involving the three little pigs, which were...
  13. M

    Muppet Pipes: On David Letterman

    There was also information on it in Jim Henson: The Works, and Jim Henson was once interviewed about it on The Today Show. The Today Show clip was included in the Time and Again documentary on Jim Henson.
  14. M

    The Solid Foam Band

    Actually, according to Muppet Wiki, Clifford was designed by Kirk Thatcher.
  15. M

    Pigs in Space wasn't realy exploited

    It seems like Pigs in Space is one of the most popular Muppet Show sketches, and yet it seems like Jim Henson didn't really take advantage of the sketches popularity. I was looking at the Muppet Wiki page for Pigs in Space, and under the merchandise list it appears that only one Pigs in Space...
  16. M

    Bert and Ernie vs Ernie and Bert

    Over the years, Bert and Ernie haven't had a consistient billing. Sometimes, Bert is billed first, and sometimes, Ernie is billed first. Though it does seem like in recent years Sesame Workshop has been giving Bert top billing most often (in video clips on the website, the new Bert and Ernie's...
  17. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I wonder where the image came from. I saw a page at Muppet Wiki that described that sketch, from CTW Archives files. I wodnered if that was the plot of an episode, but it looks like it was just a sketch. The other youtube users mention that it was repeated. Though I figured that the plotline...
  18. M

    Miss Piggy wasn't very mean to Kermit in the 1980s

    Has anybody noticed that during most of the 1980s, Miss Piggy didn't karate chop or get mad at Kermit very much? I wonder if there were plans to soften her or something. But it seems that she eventually did go back to karate chopping him in the 1990s, in Kokomo, Muppet Treasure Island, and...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Street Gang – The Complete History of Sesame Street

    It is interesting that in the book it talks about how Jim Henson initially didn't want to license the Sesame Street characters due to them being public television characters, but changed his mind when he was told that mechandise revenue would help fund bigger projects. And also in the book, it...
  20. M

    Ask Ken at Palisades

    You know, those characters aren't among the top ten that I would have most wanted. But I guess we should be thankful that, aside from releasing Johnny Fiama but not Sal, Palisades didn't start any character duos or groups without completing them in the line. They didn't realease Bill and Gil but...
Top