Search results

  1. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    YES! I wonder if this is the Roosevelt Franklin one. Though I would have preferred a different Roosevelt clip, since that was released on Old School Vol. 2. Or maybe it's the Herry and John-John clip, though it'd be odd for two Herry and John-John clips to be on the same set, back-to-back...
  2. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    I haven't posted any questions to Jim in awhile, but now I have one again. I know that the UK broadcasts of Muppets Tonight had extra sketches featuring Polly Lobster and Clueless Morgan from Muppet Treasure island. Was there any reason why Mad Monty wasn't brought back for these sketches?
  3. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    There was another classic clip: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player?p_p_lifecycle=0&p_p_id=videoPlayer_WAR_sesameportlets4369&p_p_uid=12161ae4-e631-491f-aca5-a748e62c9bfa This sketch is interesting. It's another clip of full-bodied Muppets ice skating, including Oscar in a very enormous...
  4. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's now Sing a Song Day with Ernie.
  5. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    We've got just 10 days left before this comes out. I think I'll do somethign similar to an advent calendar or wreath-tearing. Every day from now until the tenth I'll celebrate a numbered day and watch segments about that number on sesamestreet.org. Today I'm celebrating my own "number 1" day...
  6. M

    The Early Big Bird Voice

    I don't think Kermit's voice sounds like a dumb voice, though a lot of people I know think that his voice sounds that way. Most impressions of Kermit's voice that I've seen were dumb-sounding (sounding more like Baby Kermit), and once I did an impression of Bullwinkle and somebody thought I was...
  7. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    That would be cool. Or maybe have one or two full episodes per disc, plus what you mentioned. Man, I know that there's a lot of behind-the-scenes info out there regarding various classic animation DVDs, but there doesn't seem to be anything like this regarding Sesame Street DVDs. I know...
  8. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    I've been thinking of what kinds of releases would be cool for Warner to release. It'd be cool if there was some sort of "Sesame Street Milestone" collection, focusing on episodes and/ or street scenes that broke new grounds or had very big changes. It would also be cool if there was a one or...
  9. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Happy Halloween Day with Zoe.
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Comic Book Resources only had a preview for the new Peter Pan issue.
  11. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    I wonder if the back cover will have photos similar to the front cover. I have thought about what clips would be cool to choose for a back cover, and have tried my best to hold off on this.... But if I were to design the back cover, I'd have five rows of seven images (each row on the front cover...
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    The cover for On the Road #2 has been posted at Muppet Wiki, and I've noticed that so far we've only seen one cover each for the first two issues. Does anybody know if Boom! will stop having variant covers for The Muppet Show Comic Book by then? After all, every time new covers have been posted...
  13. M

    Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

    Uh... You do know that I'm referring to the two-disc DVD set, right? As far as I know there are no plans for a 40th anniversary CD set (there was an announcement for three-CD set contianing reissues of three early albums never before released on CD but those plans appear to have been cancled).
  14. M

    Pre-Order Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series

    Although I only bought the first season and a few of the single-disc releases, this news is exciting.
  15. M

    Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

    Me, too. When I recently wrote my "top ten unreleased Sesame Street songs" article for The Muppet Mindset I had considered putting that song on the list. But since that song's from around 1997 and there haven't been many new Sesame Street audio releases (and I don't mean reissues) since around...
  16. M

    Herry Monster: A season two punchline monster

    I can't think of too many early skits where Cookie Monster and Beautiful Day Monster appear as "punchlines"... I know Beautiful Day Monster was a "punchline" character at the end of the Ernie and Bert "cake" sketch, and was at the end of the Kermit "clues" sketch, though I'm unsure of whether...
  17. M

    Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

    It is possible to vote for multiple clips. I'm trying my best to be honest and vote once. But there is a "vote again" button. For these decade votes, I wonder what decade Sesame Workshop considers skits from the 1969/1970, 1979/1980, 1989/1990, and 1999/2000 seasons to be from. I wodner if...
  18. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    I'll be surprised if Warner Bros. releases any kind of Sesame Street sets with more than two discs. Maybe Warner will have newly-produced material as bonus features.
  19. M

    Sesame Street 40th Anniversary Website

    Well, voting for the best 1990s clip has begun, and only one of those three clips is nominated. So I voted for Things That I Remember.
  20. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    I recently had a dream where I saw the Sesame Street episode where Gordon decided to believe that Snuffy was real. I dreamt that the episode invovled several Sesame Street characters at a big crowded nightclub, and Mr. Snuffleupagus was there, talking to Big Bird, and there were a lot of people...
Top