Search results

  1. M

    Could the Invisible Ice Cream Cone have been real?

    While watching the "invisible ice cream cone" sketch, I have been wondering if the invisible ice cream cone was actually a scam. On one hand, when Ernie asks Lefty what flavor it is, Lefty thinks for a second before saying "chocolate", and when Ernie mentions his favorite flavor, Lefty just...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    Well, I watched today's episode. The street plot, Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures, and even Abby's Fairy School were all good.
  3. M

    Season 40 Hidden Gems

    Too bad there weren't stickers for oceanview, illonois or grouchland.
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    Some of the clips that are also on the Old School sets have slightly different titles ("Bread, Milk, and Butter" there is titled "Remembering Bread, Milk, and Butter" here). And sesamestreet.org has some clips from this and the Old School sets under different titles as well (the "Bread, Milk...
  5. M

    Did Bruno actually carry Oscar's Trashcan?

    Caroll Spinney said in his autobiography that it was made of plastic, but I didn't realise that it was sewn onto his hands (though I never really gave much thought regarding how it was attached). I was talking about show continuity, not the actual props. Though we may not know the actual...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    This set has two easter eggs. They can be viewed by clicking on the Sesame Street logo in the "Bonus Features" menu. They aren't that special... Disc 1 has a camera pan of the street (I think a portion of this appears in the A&E Biography), while the other disc has fast-motion footage of the...
  7. M

    Did Bruno actually carry Oscar's Trashcan?

    I've been wondering, was the trash can that Bruno carried actually Oscar's? It was probably a different prop can, but I wonder whether it was Oscar's can in show continuity. After all, when Oscar is normally in his trash can, the lid pops open and stays that way. When Bruno carried the trash...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    Apparantly my local PBS station moved Sesame Street to an hour earlier than it was since the last time I watched a new episode (which I think was the firs tmonth of season 39), so I missed the season premiere. Drats!
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    This is a good set. It's great to have a mini-version of the new 40th anniversary book, but I wish it was in paperback. It's hard to pull the disc packages and book out when all three are jammed inside. It looks like Bein' Green must have had some restorations done. The coloring on Kermit...
  10. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    And it's a different Geometry of Circles segment.
  11. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Some of the clips that were recently added have just shown up in the "recently added" bar. There's a Buffy song called "Listen to the Wind", and one of the Geometry of Circls cartoons has bee added (we'll find out tomorrow if it's the same one that's on the 40th anniversary set).
  12. M

    Pre-Order Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Boxset

    Well, the set will come out tomorrow. I hope a review comes out tonight, somewhere. Has anybody noticed how a lot of the "new-to-english-speaking-North-American DVD" have been released on the Shalom Sesame videos? Thos probably shouldn't count as "double-dipping", since many of those skits...
  13. M

    What Does Sesame Street Mean to You? - A Muppet Mindset Article Question

    Sesame Street means almost everything to me. I can't remember when I first watched it, but among the first words I can remember being able to spell are Ernie, Kermit, and Muppet. I had a lot of Sesame Street books, I have some albums, and I have many Sesame Street videos and DVDs. I've seen a...
  14. M

    The Official "I'm looking for/trying to remember a sketch" thread

    And if you can't wait until tomorrow to see it again, you can watch it for free at sesamestreet.org. It's titled "Baker #1" over there. It's ironic... Islandersb was in a 1 film, and when he made his post he only had 1 post... And that's the thread of one!
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Comic Book Resources now has a preview for the last issue of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson. http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=preview&id=3785&disp=table
  16. M

    Ask Big Bird a Question

    The Arts Beat blog at nytimes.com is now giving fans the chance to ask Caroll Spinney and Carol-Lynn... Something, can't remember the last name, any questions we want about Sesame Street. Interestingly there are more than 500 unanswered questions posted...
  17. M

    You're the Director Footage FOUND!

    I didn't want to draw attention to this, since it would have prompted people asking to trade, and I don't do trades, and the only way I would know of to put it on youtube would be to point a camera at the TV screen while playing it, but last january I actually found a copy of Let's Learn to Play...
  18. M

    Will there be an Old School Vol. 3 DVD?

    I'm hoping that Warner Bros. would help work out copyright issues (unless working out rights issues would be 100 percent up to Sesame Workshop). The first week of shows also featured Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds (apparently the only broadcast of that sketch on the show) and Susan singing I...
  19. M

    SST 25th Anniversary Special: Stars and Street Forever

    In case you don't know, this week tough pigs has reviewed all of the Sesame Street anniversary specials, including Sesame Street's All-STar 25th Birthday: Stars and Streets Forever. This one does seem to be a bit rare compared to the others. It's never been released on video or DVD (and neither...
  20. M

    Upcoming BAM Event for SST's 40th in December

    Even though I live out of town and likely won't be attending (unless pigs fly, the identity of the original Gordon is revealed, and Bruno gets rebuilt), it is a shame that the event won't include rare stuff like the four test pilots not available on DVD, Out to Lunch, and some rare non-Noggin...
Top