Search results

  1. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, I bought the Elmo's Rainbow DVD, which is the second Sesame Street DVD by Warner (third if you count Follow That Bird... And higher if you count all the rereleases from Genius and other past video companies). I must say, it's hardly different from the average single-disc Sesame release...
  2. M

    SCTV Thread

    The other night I was watching the emmy-winning "Moral Majority" episode, and I realised that many of my favorite moments ar ein that episode. Including the plot, the second and final Gerry Todd Show (the best of the two), some funny Bill Needle scenes, and The Merv Griffith Show. And it is one...
  3. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    I wonder if Ernest Scarred Stupid was originally supposed to have Chuck. It seems odd how in that one, Bobby is the brother of Tom Tulip, who seems to be similar to Chuck. It makes me wonder if maybe Gaillard Sartain didn't want to be in it or if he was busy with something else. I don't know...
  4. M

    Is the time right for a Best of Abby DVD?

    Of course, it seems like most of the "best of [insert character here]" videos have at least one choice that seems random/questionable to me. Many fans seem to think that The Best of Ernie and Bert had more random chocies, but now that I think of it, I think the only real questionable segments...
  5. M

    Is the time right for a Best of Abby DVD?

    I've been wondering lately. Abby Cadabby has been on Sesame Street for about four years now. Does anybody think the time would be right for a DVD highlighting the "best of Abby Caddabby"? Does she have enough moments that'd be considered the "best"? There are some real good sketches with...
  6. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    You forgot the link: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/8cc5fc99-3c37-47eb-a151-3fc8599ba227/i_love_a_march I hadn't heard of that sketch until I saw it.
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Honeslty, when I first saw the B cover I figured they'd return tot he theater at the beginning as opposed to the end. I guess if this were four issues it'd still begin with them back at the theater.I wonder if they'll share memories of being on the road or anything. It would be great if...
  8. M

    Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories

    Well I bought the Elmo's Rainbow and Other Springtime Stories DVD that came out today. It is my first purchase of a Sesame Street DVD compiling post-2002 street stories, and my first purchase of a Warner-released Sesame Street DVD (actually, my second; I got the Follow That Bird DVD last year)...
  9. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Magnifico Spanish Day" with Murray and Ovejita. I think this is the first time they hosted a day on the site, and oddly enough, it takes place on the street (though it looks more like images of the street), as opposed to cgi backgrounds.
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Tough Pigs has a 5-page preview for issue #3: http://www.toughpigs.com/tms3-preview/ It is a bit disapointing that they come back to the theater at the very beginning. It probably would have been better if this were a four-issue storyarc. Then again, regardless the line at the end of The...
  11. M

    Muppet King Arthur

    I haven't found any copies of this (or any individual issues of the fairy tale comics), but yay! It brings Muppet Snow White sooner! Can you say whether The Muppet Show On the Road #3 will be released around that time?
  12. M

    D-U-C-K-I-E: an underrated song

    At sesamestreet.org, most sketches that focus on either are listed as "health and safety". I guess "health and/or safety" would be pushing it.
  13. M

    Oh man, what happened to?

    All that's known about Shivers is what's at Muppet Wiki (which doesn't even have a picture of the character), and that's that he was performed by Caroll Spinney and designed in a way to sit on Big Bird's lap (a situation similar to how Oscar and Bruno were performed). Oh, and the two sang a song...
  14. M

    D-U-C-K-I-E: an underrated song

    I have often wondered this as well. Sesamestreet.org lists "health and safety" as the subject.
  15. M

    D-U-C-K-I-E: an underrated song

    I guess the songs educational lesson is spelling a word, but it seems like each letter should have appeared on-screen as Ernie sang each letter, spelling out duckie on-screen. Either that, or Ernie should have spelled the whole word straight, as opposed to saying what each letter stands for.
  16. M

    SCTV Thread

    I checked and didn't see any threads like this, so... Let's talk about that great variety show, SCTV! I have the first three volumes that were released on DVD. I don't have volume 4 (it was very rare for me to even find copies in person) or The Best of the Early Years set. I also saw some of...
  17. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    You know, it would be cool if Hulu could at least show clips from The Muppet Show, much like how it has clips from Sesame Street.
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Is the cover shown the actual cover for the first "Family Reunion" issue? Because that cover looks like one of the exclusive variant covers for issue #1 (the REAL issue #1, "Kermit's Story"). But I guess we'll find out in a month.
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    It just hit me... Somebody fans have been demanding... Could this be maybe.... an adult Skeeter?
  20. M

    What song can you not get out of your head?

    There's quite a few songs that have been stuck in my head lately... D-U-C-K-I-E, sung by Ernie on Sesame Street Don't Cry Out Loud Don't Sleep on the Subway You Light Up My Life Alone Again, Naturally I Am Woman
Top