Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    I have noticed that while some of the clips are edited, usually at the end of a clip, there is one left uncut that seems odd to have elft in: The ending to I Love Trash, wehre Gordon offers to take Oscar on a trip to a garbage dump. I might be wrong, but I figure that scene was meant to lead to...
  2. M

    Question about Jim Henson's Performer Credits on SST

    You know, not to get too off-topic, but there is a bit of posts here regarding people with many production duties not getting all the appropriate credits, and I think I should bring something up, regarding myself. Back in febuary 2009 I started my own youtube channel, mwermuthland, and I'm...
  3. M

    More Looney Tunes DVDs coming to DVD in April

    Well, it's just been announced that the DVDs have been delayed until august. I guess that's a good thing (I have quite a few expenses coming up in the coming weeks). And there are still plans for two more DVDs to come out later this year. Jerry Beck said in a forum post that he'll explain...
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    I just realised that my local PBS station is having a pledge drive this week, which explains why it was shorter.
  5. M

    Is the time right for a Best of Abby DVD?

    It took me awhile to understand what you were saying. Were you saying it makes more sense to do "best of" releases that focus on characters who were around since the beginning (or close enough to the beginning, like The Count and Snuffy)? I figured it would make sense to do "best of" sets...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 40

    I'm watching today's episode right now... It's the "Find the Amphibean" episode... I looked at the Muppet Wiki page, and a few segments were cut from the show today! Murray has a Little Lamb and Twinkle Twinkle were both cut.
  7. M

    SCTV Thread

    I have seen interviews (and I think it was mentione din some of the DVD special features) where it was said that the writers wrote what they thought were funny, as opposed to what they thought the audience would think was funny. And I guess it does show at times... There are some moments where I...
  8. M

    Is the time right for a Best of Abby DVD?

    Actually I would expect a "Best of Murray" to be filled with Murray Has a Little Lamb, What's the Word on the Street, and his interractiosn with kids. I'd be surprised if his "[insert sketch title] is coming up next..." were included, though they could cut out that part and include the topics...
  9. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    New question for Jim: Did you write anything in the Weezer "Keep Fishing" music video (I'm referring to the pre-performanc ebackstage scene, but also Statler and Waldorf's ending comment and maybe the backstage action tha thappened during the music video)?
  10. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    Another thing I find odd about Ernest Goes to School: When Gerta and Bobby make everybody smarter during the game, right before the final play, Gerta asks Bobby if he powered Ernest's brain... Bobby just looks shocked and it looks like he shouts "NINE!" Is that german for no? I guess that could...
  11. M

    was the beginning of Put Down the Duckie normally cut?

    After seeing that the opening wide shot in the segment Put Down the Duckie was cut in Sesame Street: 40 Years of Sunny Days, it reminded me that I once saw an airing of that segment in season 25 where the beginning was cut. And it got me wodnering... Was it common for that shot to be cut on the...
  12. M

    Should we credit Kermit as a guest star

    That is a good question. There was also a promo for The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street which referred to him as such. I think of him as a regular character. While there are many guest stars who would make multiple appearances in a single season (likely shot on the same day in the same session)...
  13. M

    Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

    I tried contacting them, but saw that providing ones phone number is mandatory, and didn't want to do so. I don't mind providing my full name or e-mail to them, but not my phone number. Hopefully there are other fans who want those on DVD and aren't like me.
  14. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    I thought most Muppet performers aren't under contract, regardless of whether they work for Sesame Workshop, The Muppet Studios, or The Jim Henson Company.
  15. M

    Pre-Order "Dog City: The Movie" on DVD

    I am excited about this. And I'm glad that Rowlf won't be edited. I am a bit surprised they put him on the cover. I thought I read that the removal of Kermit on other Henson DVDs was because Disney had a policy of not licensing its characters... Maybe it was just their most notable characters...
  16. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I am a bit mixed about whether I'll get the Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures DVD. I feel tempted, but then again, I don't watch the B&EGA clips that are at sesamestreet.org very often, and usually when I do I usually switch to another video clip before it's over. And I also rarely watch the...
  17. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Go Green Day with Elmo (the day had actually started yesterday).
  18. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    I thought I previously read that next seaon will focus on cleaning and bathttime, yet the Muppet Wiki page for season 41 currently says nothing about it (while stating that a main curriculum theme will be science and geography).
  19. M

    Your Favorite Forgetful Jones Moments

    Did they have to be married in order to have an anniversary? Couldn't they have just had an anniversary for their first date, the time they met (which Forgetful says he can't remember), or the time they became a couple?
  20. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    After watching Ernest Goees to School recently, I must wonder... Is there any known motive for.. Uh, that school board person wanting the school in the movie to shut down? I mean, he goes so far as to bribe the football coach into trying to lose on purpose so the school can close down. And does...
Top