Search results

  1. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    I noticed that both discs have a total of 19 clips each (not counting bonus clips). And it seems the longest clip is actually on disc 1 (Family Food, which lasts over 7 minutes). It would have been cool if this set had a featurette on the parodies. Though I don't suppose they could show clips...
  2. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Knowing that the Barnes and Noble site seems to be listing each clip with the time from the previous clip, I decided to seek out the three Monsterpiece Theater YouTube, to see if each one will have their respective original title cards. It appears that The King and I will have the original title...
  3. M

    Who is Lionsgate associated with?

    I know that user also uploaded the Play-Along video "Peek-a-Boo". I assume that Henson owns that (the only familiar Muppets in it are the penguins in a cameo), not sure if Lionsgate has the video rights because of it. I believe he also uploaded Neat Stuff, though I'm not sure if that's owned by...
  4. M

    "The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

    I wonder if the final dollar in the telethon will be given by Statler, Waldorf, Uncle Deadly, or Bobo. Just the other night I had a dream I was watching the movie (I wonder if this will happen often in the next few months), and in my dream it showed that the Muppets were very emotionally...
  5. M

    Peek-a-Boo

    Well, it looks like the person who posted the video got his account suspended.
  6. M

    Muppets Graphic Novel...

    That's been big news for awhile. From 2009-2010 Boom! Studios released a collection of Muppet comic books, both based around The Muppet Show and fairy tales. Every four issues have gotten collected into trade paperbacks. That is from the first four-issue storyarc, Meet the Muppets. There is a...
  7. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    It's a shame that the Iron Monster DVD doesn't have any (though it doesn't include any inserts, aside from a bonus Bert and Ernie's Great Adventures: Superheroes).
  8. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    With this set, it looks like Beat the Time will be the first recurring segment to have every installment on DVD (unless there's some we don't know about). YAY! Not even Elmo's World has every segment available (there's two yet-to-be-released EW segments left). The three Monsterpiece Theater...
  9. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Judging by how the clip run times are messed up, I assume the time for each clip is the time from the previous clip. I noticed that Colambo and Spaceship Surprise are listed without any indication of which speciffic sketches are included. But going by this jump ahead in clip times, it looks like...
  10. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Looking at the list on the Barnes and Noble website, it seems there's some error with the running time on each skit. The first clip, Dragnet, is listed with a :24 second runtime (I'm pretty sure it's longer than that, unless I'm thinking of the wrong clip). Hey Food is listed as over 7 minutes...
  11. M

    The Final Jim Henson skits

    Long ago, sample pages for the Sesame Street 40th anniversary book were posted online, and by the time the book was released a number of changes had occurred. One thing that appeared in the sample pages but not the final released version was a section on Jim Henson's last day on the Sesame...
  12. M

    If they had mentioned David's death on the show

    Actually, Kermit Love retired, and died in 2007 or 2008, several years after Willy's last appearance (I don't know when Willy's last season was). I don't know when Chet O'Brien died, but I would assume it was after Mr. MacIntosh was no longer on the show. And Gordon is still on the show. Tough...
  13. M

    The things some "fans" say...

    Some people here have mentioned fans saying that Kermit, Bugs, and Mickey shoudl have died with their performers. But unlike Kermit or Bugs, Mickey was recast while Walt was still alive (and Wayne Alwine took over while James MacDonald was still alive).
  14. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    Maybe it's a mistake, though I don't think that clip was recently added. I checked the recently added box, and it's not recent enough to be found there.
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    For some reason I thought Pepe was already spotlighted. Heck, the last few WMW profiles were on characters I thought were already featured. But at least there are a number of main characters I know haven't been featured yet (Kermit, Animal, Swedish Chef, three of the five main Fraggles, the...
  16. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Park Day with Bert.
  17. M

    Funniest SS Skit In Ages: Spidermonster!

    Somehow I doubt it. Maybe I'm wrong, but we will know for sure next week (if we don't get a review or full segment rundown online before the release).
  18. M

    "The Green Album" track list and album artwork

    No, as far as I know, it is only cover artists (and I've only heard of a small number of them). One thing that would have been cool would be if this album included a track from The Moopets. Though maybe it'd make sense after the new movie came out, when more people would be aware of those...
  19. M

    "The Muppets" Official Movie Trailer

    I saw one interview where Amy saud she even performed characters in scenes she appeared in. I assumed she meant she performed characters in shots where she didn't appear on screen. It didn't occure to me that they'd actually perform while appearing on-screen. Though I doubt Jason Segel performed...
  20. M

    Sesame Street Spoofs coming to DVD July 5

    Muppet Central did review the 20th anniversary special (or does that not count because it was released by Lionsgate?). MC should have reviewed C is for Cookie Monster and Silly Storytime (I reviewed Silly Storytime for The Muppet Mindset).
Top