Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I've seen that a few rare first season clips have been posted on Muppet Wiki's Twitter page. They're not full clips, but they are something.
We'll only be posting truncated clips until people stop re-uploading our videos and stretching them out. It's a shame because there's some good stuff to share. Spread the word around that this is unsat.

datman24

Reaction score
We'll only be posting truncated clips until people stop re-uploading our videos and stretching them out. It's a shame because there's some good stuff to share. Spread the word around that this is unsat.
lol, I wouldn't count on that anytime soon.
Sadly, people on the internet have a hard time of understanding the concept of ‘no’ or ‘don’t.’ You may tell them not to do something, but (as long they understand that they don’t face any real repercussions) they will do it anyways. It is simply within their tendency to do as they will, even if they’re being nicely told not to, and unfortunately, because of the actions of such few individuals, those who do abide by such rules will suffer as a result. Your best option to ensure that others won’t re-post your stuff is to just not share them at all, but then again, I enjoy being able to share with others and see the positive reactions from them.

scarecroe

Reaction score
people on the internet have a hard time of understanding...
Sure, I've been on the internet before. This particular individual has been rather intransigent about the situation, even after being asked to remove it. I only bother to post about it here because I suspect some regulars frequent the same circles and would be willing to spread the word in the interest of getting more of this stuff out there. I'm less likely to share more if the content is just going to be YouTube Pooped.

datman24

Reaction score
Sure, I've been on the internet before. This particular individual has been rather intransigent about the situation, even after being asked to remove it. I only bother to post about it here because I suspect some regulars frequent the same circles and would be willing to spread the word in the interest of getting more of this stuff out there. I'm less likely to share more if the content is just going to be YouTube Pooped.
Well, then I guess your only other option (and I know this is not a popular one) is simply watermark your videos, at least people will know where the content originated from.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
So why aren't the clips uploaded publicly to the MuppetWiki YouTube channel first since you guys are the ones who originally have them? :confused: I mean, if you put something on the internet, pretty much everyone owns it then.

Maybe we can get a Poop of 847 before we see the actual thing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It seems every time a rare clip makes its way to YouTube, some fans copy and upload their copies online. For the most part, I don't really know what the point is. Are they worried about the clip being taken down so they provide a back-up (which makes me happy if the original upload is no longer online for whatever reason)? In the case of rare unlisted clips, do they do it in case they forget how they can find the video link? Of course in either of those cases, if they copy the links themselves, then they have it for their own personal use and don't have to watch it online.

Do they do it to get more subscribers to their channels? Of course if they're only posting content they did not create/don't own and, especially, if they're not trying to profit from their own YouTube channel, then why does it matter how many subscribers they get?

If it's an unlisted video that fans have been told not to repost, I can see it as bad that they're putting it online publicly. Of course if you don't post more clips, then it's hard for the fans to prove that they'll stop copying and uploading them onto their own channels.

A few additional clips were uploaded yesterday, I've done a search a few times since and so far it looks like none of them have been copied and re-uploaded on YouTube.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
It seems every time a rare clip makes its way to YouTube, some fans copy and upload their copies online. For the most part, I don't really know what the point is. Are they worried about the clip being taken down so they provide a back-up (which makes me happy if the original upload is no longer online for whatever reason)? In the case of rare unlisted clips, do they do it in case they forget how they can find the video link? Of course in either of those cases, if they copy the links themselves, then they have it for their own personal use and don't have to watch it online.

Do they do it to get more subscribers to their channels? Of course if they're only posting content they did not create/don't own and, especially, if they're not trying to profit from their own YouTube channel, then why does it matter how many subscribers they get?

If it's an unlisted video that fans have been told not to repost, I can see it as bad that they're putting it online publicly. Of course if you don't post more clips, then it's hard for the fans to prove that they'll stop copying and uploading them onto their own channels.

A few additional clips were uploaded yesterday, I've done a search a few times since and so far it looks like none of them have been copied and re-uploaded on YouTube.
They do it to draw attention to their channels, but in the case of the unlisted Muppet Wiki clips, they're probably doing it because people are more likely to stumble across a clip on YouTube than buried in the Muppet Wiki video section.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
So look what's just been found on Muppet Wiki...

This is the Rosey Grier phone booth sketch that was under their Celebrities Wanted page, and it first appeared in Episode 886 which was during Season 7.

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Let me just say I’m sorry you guys have to put up with this. Yeah, I get when you post stuff on the internet it’s up for everyone, but that doesn’t also mean you can re-upload it as you please. That’s like the equivalent of saying “Paramount can’t take this upload of Forrest Gump down because they put it on the internet.”

For what it’s worth mentioning - I thank you guys for putting up these clips even if they’re just being used for personal references and what have you. People just aren’t grateful for the time others go through to put stuff up.