What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I agree with your thoughts there. I think having Pepe in for a bit drew more attention to his absence than if he had no lines. I would rather have had RIzzo have a part than Pepe though (not that I don't like Pepe mind you but Rizzo dates back to the Muppet show).

Beauregard

Reaction score
I actually loved the Pepe part so much. There's something about Pepe that makes me snigger even when he just says a very few things. His comic timing (or his voice?) is sublime.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with your thoughts there. I think having Pepe in for a bit drew more attention to his absence than if he had no lines. I would rather have had RIzzo have a part than Pepe though (not that I don't like Pepe mind you but Rizzo dates back to the Muppet show).
Rizzo never really hit it big in the movies until MTM. Then of course, since MCC, they paired him with Gonzo. I thought that was a brilliant move for the characters. It's one of those situations that could have been solved by more movie... but Rizzo got a lot of exposure in the last 3 theatrical films, and 2 of the 4 DTV/Special projects (only because he wasn't in KSY and only a Munchkin among other rats in MWO), and like Pepe, he was all over the marketing, even though he wasn't in the movie very long. I'm wondering if he had a bigger role in some of the deleted portions.

Still, it would have been fun to squeeze him in somewhere else. But the question is where.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
I think it would've been a bit better if the flashback to Kermit and Piggy's breakup was kept in. That was the only real problem with the movie after I saw it in the theater; There was this big emphasis put on their broken relationship, and I was expecting an explanation on why they weren't together.

And while I don't really have a problem with it, and fell like the story is perfect, I felt it a bit odd that the Muppets weren't the central characters.

zoebell

Reaction score
well, i think they were once they were all reintroduced and gathered together

i don't know how necessary the breakup explanation was. i think it was enough that they had broken up in the past at some point- most of kermit and piggy's relationship has always been ambiguous. every person i know who saw it thought they were married though. i don't know if that was the intention but it's certainly how it came across

Misskermie

Reaction score
Well, I felt like it lacked some Gonzo. I mean think about it. Fozzie made jokes through the whole thing and had a dramatic buddy scene with Kermit, + his own song. Miss Piggy was part of one of two of the romantic plot lines, which is a big thing. I mean, honestly, I feel that Rowlf had more of a role than Gonzo. Not saying that anything's wrong with that, but Gonzo was.... Dare I say it.... Abackround character!!!

The Moopets could've had a little more developing too. Like, maybe they could answer my following questions:

• Why did the Moopets start as a Muppet tribute band, when it seems as though Poogy hates Piggy, and the rest of them just go along with hating the Muppets?
  • So, how'd they find a Fozzie replacement so fast?
  • (More of a deleted scene question.) After they yelled at Richman for oweing money, what happened to them then?
And yes, they really should have put in a Pigs In Space sketch, I mean why else was Link and Strangepork in their uniforms? They both have casual attire! Thay really don't need to wear it all the time!

Yupperz, all I have to say.

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
And yes, they really should have put in a Pigs In Space sketch, I mean why else was Link and Strangepork in their uniforms? They both have casual attire! Thay really don't need to wear it all the time!
I think they do show Link and Strangepork a few times in casual attire. The one that comes to mind is during the "We Built This City" sequence when Fozzie shows a picture of his "80s haircut", Link is wearing a "classy casual" outfit (complete with ascot) while sipping tea.

NOTE: I looked up at the TV while typing this (where the movie is on an almost constant loop) and I did see them in their "Pigs in Space!" uniforms when Miss Piggy comes back. Since the scene is taking place when the Muppets are working on the show, and they're beginning to rehears stuff, it is possible that, in the context of the movie, they were working on a "Pigs in Space" sketch, but, for whatever reason, Kermit decided to cut it, it's script wasn't finished in time for the show, or a certain pig ( :mad: ) decided that she didn't want to do it. :big_grin:

And in terms of the opening number, that's what they wore for the original opening, and they probably wanted it to be as much as the original number as possible.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I loved the movie, but off the top of my head...
  • An Electric Mayhem song.
  • More Muppets featured in the dance numbers.
  • More of the Muppets inside and outside of the Theatre/Studio
  • A little matte painting of the external Theatre to better match other incarnations.
  • More of the Muppets engaging with humans in the outside world
  • A little more development of "bad guy" Tex.
  • Gary & Mary's scenes should have had more Muppets in them.
  • Cameo actors should have been given more to do than mug for the camera.
  • Getting rid of Miss Piggy's 80's afro once and for all. She's a diva, not a clown.
  • More camera fluidity when filming the Muppets like Jim, Frank and Brian did.
  • More Johnny, Sal and PEPE!
  • Animal telling people to "go home!" after the credits.

meepmuppaphones

Reaction score
I would've liked:

-Cameos of Muppet Show guest stars that are still alive.
-More characters, like Rizzo, Doglion, and ROBIN!
-More sketches in the Telethon, like Swedish Kitchen, Muppet Labs, Veternarians Hospital, Pigs in Space, ELECTRIC MAYHEM SONG, At the Dance, etc.
-Fozzie's voice sounds squeaky sometimes should be fixed
-NO FART SHOES!
-Tex Richman's background
-Better ending, it's like they just stuck the ending right after the finale
-Songs to fit the Muppet Show era (70s or 80s songs), not modern songs (although the Smells Like Teen Spirit barbershop quartet was awesome, that's an exception)
-I thought Me Party was completely unneccesary.

So that's it.:jim: