What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
I'm fine with the modern songs. They're putting on a show in the present day, where we have "Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Forget You" as contemporary songs, just like they were putting on a show during the 70s, when the contemporary songs were "In The Navy" and "Copacabana".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The Moopets could've had a little more developing too. Like, maybe they could answer my following questions:

• Why did the Moopets start as a Muppet tribute band, when it seems as though Poogy hates Piggy, and the rest of them just go along with hating the Muppets?
  • So, how'd they find a Fozzie replacement so fast?
  • (More of a deleted scene question.) After they yelled at Richman for oweing money, what happened to them then?
Regarding the Fozzie replacement, in the junior novel, Miss Poogy bosses Fozzie around, pointing out that "Foozie the Moopet is just waiting to take your place!" So they may have already known him.

Also in the novel, I think Uncle Deadley attacks them. I'd have to check again, though. In the movie it looks like they intend to attack Tex, but Tex doesn't really deserve that after giving the Muppets their name and theater back (though we never see him agree to give them back, since it's announced as a newspaper headline).

I feel like Walter should have been a little more fanboyish around the Muppets. He faints upon seeing Kermit for the first time, but otherwise has no such reactions to meeting the others. No screams of excitement over meeting the other Muppets, nothing. Almost as if he were a professional celebrity around other professional celebrities (well, I assume they don't normally act fanboyish when meeting their idols). I also feel they should have given Walter a scene or two with some obscure characters. Maybe surprising some that he knows about them.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
More Muppets and less Jason and Amy. Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved this movie and I've lost count of how many times I've watched it already LOL but I agree with what someone said in certain parts it felt like they were premoting Jason and Amy more and that's one thing Jim Henson was good at was making sure The Muppets were always at the forefront of the story and celebrity cameos were very brief. At least IMO.

Borples

Reaction score
I agree. I think you can have human, non-villain, semi-main characters in a Muppet movie. But I think they shouldn't really have scenes to themselves, with no Muppets. It should be more like Jenny in TMTM. If Gary and Mary could have worked out their issues in the theater with rats and chickens hanging over their shoulders and giving their opinions, I'd have been happier. But then, if I'd been much happier, I probably just would have exploded in a burst of feathers and pompoms or something, so maybe it's good that Gary and Mary were there to temper my enthusiasm a bit. :fanatic:

Fraggline

Reaction score
I feel like Walter should have been a little more fanboyish around the Muppets. He faints upon seeing Kermit for the first time, but otherwise has no such reactions to meeting the others. No screams of excitement over meeting the other Muppets, nothing. Almost as if he were a professional celebrity around other professional celebrities (well, I assume they don't normally act fanboyish when meeting their idols). I also feel they should have given Walter a scene or two with some obscure characters. Maybe surprising some that he knows about them.
Yeah, that last bit would have been a lot of fun! Personally, I kind of like the way Walter acted--he was a nervous fan at first, but because he was surrounded by all these creatures who were like him (and he would have been the only one of his kind if it hadn't been for the Muppets), he felt as if they were his family, and he treated them as such. The fanboyishness sort of began to wear off as he spent more time with them.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A few ideas of what they could have had Walter say, regarding minor characters....

While bringing the gang back together, Walter could have suggested picking up Thog next.

Or, if the scene with "Mahna Mahna" playing on the radio wasn't cut, it could have inspired Walter to suggest locating Mahna Mahna and the Snowths next.

Or, after Kermit claims they got everybody but the others point out they didn't get Miss Piggy back, Walter could have pointed out "We've also forgotten Lew Zealand, Wayne and Wanda, Link Hogthrob, Bobby Benson's Baby Band...."

It is also interesting that Walter doesn't get to interract with any Muppet lesser (in character importance and popularity) than Scooter. The only ones he interracts with directly are Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Miss Piggy, and Scooter. I don't think he even interracts with Animal or any of the other new Muppets in the film.

And I feel they should have brought Sweetums, Thog, and The Mutations out into the crowd in the finale, dancing with the big crowd of human extras (though the Mutations aren't there in the finale). Sweetums and Thog's pressence in the finale is pretty much treated the same as any regular-sized Muppet puppet.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Well, Kermit's the one he most admires. He's on his watch, clothes, hangs his doll right next to his bed and calls out to him during his dream; he's his hero.

Think of it this way. I'd like to meet all the Sesame characters. I wouldn't get as excited to see, say, Guy Smiley as I would to see Oscar 'cause he's my favorite.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
My thing is is when I wanna watch The Muppets, I wanna watch The Muppets if I wanna watch movies with just humans then I will is the moral to my story. LOL!

WhiteLion

Reaction score
As obsessed with the Muppets as I am, I felt the film missed the mark. A few things I would have changed:

1. NO 80s Robot
2. More Muppet chaos (Monsters, explosions, Muppets being eaten by other Muppets)
3. Electric Mayhem songs...just one?
4. A script that felt like more of a fun nostalgia trip rather than a pity party about the world forgetting the Muppets

I'll always love the Muppet characters, but Disney really did just redo the Country Bears movie they did a few years ago, which wasn't original in the first place.

Alvin

Reaction score
Yeah I could have done without 80's Robot...kind of stupid but anyway...
It was a good story line, but the whole "get the gang back together" has been done over and over again. I mean yeah, Kermit did have to go get everybody that makes sense, just could have been done a different way I think. I would have liked them to show more of the studio and the real story behind them leaving and being done in the first place...thus coming back together.
Then the ending kind of got a little strange...I mean they lost the name and everything at the end, then during the credits they got their name back....that could have been done different too. LOVED it and can't wait for more, but it had it's flaws and whatnot.