What improvements would you have made to The Muppets Film 2012 (spoilers)

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
TRIVIA: Does anyone know the names of the Muppets with Hobo Joe?
(I don't)

Vincent L

Reaction score
More characters in the Rainbow Connection scene (think The Muppet Movie finale)
The Electric Mayhem performing a song while the others clean up
Robin, in anyway, being alone with his uncle Kermit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
4. A script that felt like more of a fun nostalgia trip rather than a pity party about the world forgetting the Muppets
The movie wouldn't have had any impact if it didn't. This needed to be a "get the gang back together" movie to relaunch a film franchise killed by dumb gimmicks of forced sci-fi (because Star Wars episode 1! That's why) and boring story retellings. And quite honestly, the world forgetting about the Muppets until the movie came out was a sad reality of the franchise, though VMX was a ratings success.

It's better to have an establishmental tone to the film franchise. That's what TMM was. A movie about how they all got together the first time. Bringing them back together basically says, now we're going to do stuff with them. Plus, it is sort of a disconnected sequel to all three of the first movies (which actually don't fit, but...) with the plot being driven by the end of MTM (which the *&^% editing got rid of), basically retconning the fact that the last bunch of movies didn't happen.

In short, they basically say Gonzo being an alien never happened. That's a perfect A in my book.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
Not that I don't like the film, but I'd have made some major changes
  • cut out "Me Party"
  • make Walter, Amy Adams, and Jason Siegel more obscure after finding Kermit
  • add a Vet's Hospital sketch to the show; come on it was the most popular TMS sketch
  • GIVE ELECTRIC MAYHEM MORE LINES AND A SONG
  • give Rowlf much more screen time
  • get some MT muppets to chill out in the background
  • A LOT MORE GONZO
  • at least a line or two for Rizzo
  • cut out a lot of the Siegel/Adams parts, in favor of the muppets
  • instead of Tex Richman being hit by Gonzo's bowling ball, add a 5 min. scene where Gonzo and Rizzo put some beer in his water or something, to make it more amusing and mature

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Not that I don't like the film, but I'd have made some major changes
  • add a Vet's Hospital sketch to the show; come on it was the most popular TMS sketch
Because that totally wouldn't have stopped the movie cold.

• instead of Tex Richman being hit by Gonzo's bowling ball, add a 5 min. scene where Gonzo and Rizzo put some beer in his water or something, to make it more amusing and mature
Yeah, um, no.