Prog Rock (Roger Waters and more)

Kiki

Reaction score
^ oh wow, I don't think I know any of those- I might have to check them out! ;3

Yorick

Reaction score
And I forgot, he did a song for "Wall-E"! A really good one! :smile:

PS I assume your signature about the crumpet is referencing the Muppets Valentine's Day special a.k.a. 2nd pilot episode(!)? I was happy for Droop (and the crumpet!) when he saw the crumpet was alive! :smile:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Aww, I like Peter Gabriel. Ish. i'm not a huge fan of his solo stuff, but appearence-wise he looked okay in the red dress (and the fox head-thingy... covering his face...). <3 Oh, and btw, an online friend of mine went to the same PT concert as you- and he shook Steven Wilson's hand. =D
Does this friend know anything about a guy in a Tool t-shirt, who had dreads and spent the whole concert smoking ganja?
Oh and I'm really REALLY jealous of him shaking Steven's hand.
Outside that gig it was raining so **** hard, much worse than in London where it always freakin' rains. When Steven came on he made a wry comment about "getting a bit of our weather". That was funny.

Kiki

Reaction score
Does this friend know anything about a guy in a Tool t-shirt, who had dreads and spent the whole concert smoking ganja?
Oh and I'm really REALLY jealous of him shaking Steven's hand.
Outside that gig it was raining so **** hard, much worse than in London where it always freakin' rains. When Steven came on he made a wry comment about "getting a bit of our weather". That was funny.
Lol, aww... I so wish I went. You would've had a ball, I'm sure. :big_grin: Ah, see that's why I've been somewhat put-off outdoor concert venues: sometime last year I dolled up for a massive outdoor concert, and when we got there it was pretty pleasant weather-wise. By the time the second song started everyone was wearing one of those ultra-trendy plastic ponchos, it was POURING DOWN like you wouldn't believe! Mud, just... everywhere. And one of the peeps I went with wore her killer Docs with leapord skin which she got in London in the 80s- they were ruined! D: And everyone was drunk, including the Older people. I don't mind, but they were really annoying drunks, being just plain annoying. >< The busride home was... gah. Everyone was soakin-get, the bus was damp, and yeah (and 4 hr busride home! xD).
Yeah, I'm jealous of him, too. x33 He's a prog fan, and he's also seen Yes live (and met Roger Dean, who designed all those epic album covers*googlehimifyoudon'tknowhisworkorelse*). Lol, I'll ask him about the guy!

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Today I went out and bought two great prog albums - In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, and After by Ihsahn.

It reminds me of how absolutely awesome The Sound of Muzak was live.

Kiki

Reaction score
I'll start sharing my oinions with everthing you said, yays.
*Oinions*? Onions? RoffleWHUT? I meant *opinions*, ignore my weird... My Immortalfanfic-esque spelling. XPP

Unless you guys *really* want me to share my oinions... :confused:
Today I went out and bought two great prog albums - In Absentia by Porcupine Tree, and After by Ihsahn.

It reminds me of how absolutely awesome The Sound of Muzak was live.
Oooh, is 'In Absentia' any good? I was gonna get it *ages* back sometimes last year, but apparently it's one of their best albums. What are your thoughts?

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
After hearing half the album live (fan fave album) it is absolutely sublime. It cost me $18.99, and it is well worth the investment. This album will surely become one of my most listened to.

Kiki

Reaction score
Then I might just have to get it. On the weekend perhaps, if I have any dough left. Is it one of their more metal albums or a little bit trip-hop?

Kiki

Reaction score
And I forgot, he did a song for "Wall-E"! A really good one! :smile:

PS I assume your signature about the crumpet is referencing the Muppets Valentine's Day special a.k.a. 2nd pilot episode(!)? I was happy for Droop (and the crumpet!) when he saw the crumpet was alive! :smile:
Lol! Yeah, thanks fer noticing, it is from that special (though you'd be surprised at the amount of many Muppet fans who don't get the reference)... random quotes ftw! c:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
It's actually the first album with their current drummer Gavin Harrison, and it is also the first album with more of a metal influence. It's a good combination, and the acoustic stuff is great.