Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ultimately, any delays are invariably in the cause of making the comics as good as possible, so fret not.
I'm not so much worried as confused... but that's pretty much the norm with me. The one person here that got it ordered it... so I'm still thinking it's the retailor end. But then again, I didn't check other comic stores yesterday like I planned to.

Amy

Reaction score
I'm not so much worried as confused... but that's pretty much the norm with me. The one person here that got it ordered it... so I'm still thinking it's the retailor end.
Yeah, I can imagine how frustrating it must be to have to wait for people who order from the publisher. I don't really know what to advise there. As I said, I'm just one of many paid artists, I'm not privy to how the company itself operates.
You might be better off ordering from a comic store or an online retailer - someone who gets their stock direct from the main distributor, Diamond. The Diamond orders are the ones that keep getting 'sold out' (as the site proudly claims).
All that means is that the initial print run has been fully pre-ordered by retailers like comic stores.

If you have a tab at a favourite comic store, putting in a specific order for the Muppet comics will mean they can get in their orders as soon as Previews shows them and you'll get the first printings rather than showing up at your comic shop and just hoping they have them.

Mind you, that's just IF the comics get released as scheduled. My point was that sometimes the release dates get shuffled around for various behind-the-scenes reasons which are not the fault of the distributor OR any comic store.
If a certain title gets pushed back, don't worry, it WILL come out, all it will cost any fan is just a little more waiting time.

Again, I can imagine how it's frustrating, but they WILL come.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, I think it's safe to post this now:

http://mimi-na.deviantart.com/art/Muppet-Show-4-Piggy-variant-127614539

My retail variant cover for issue #4. I assume that, like all the others, it's for Ultimate Comics, but don't quote me on that.
...*drools* Well... there goes another ten dollars from THIS Prawn to the good people at Boom! That is STUNNING, Amy! The EYES just ooze Piggy persona--everything does! I LOVE her gloves and her hair and all of her. It's amazing--perfect, even.

Although... my favorite part is Gonzo. :big_grin: LOVE it.

Amy

Reaction score
That is gorgeous! So can you tell us how far along you are in drawing Pan and who your favorite Muppets are to draw so far?
I can't give away progress reports, but for favourite characters, it's actually a tough call. I love drawing them all because they pose so many challenges in terms of acting. They're tough, but in a good way.
When most of them have fixed eyes, you have to dissect how the puppet is constructed to figure out how the Muppeteers gave them so much personality and expression WITHOUT being able to move their eyes.
I throw these obstacles up for myself, I know. There is no rule that says I HAVE to draw them within their puppet confines, but I choose to because that's how the characters we love came to exist at all.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Y

Again, I can imagine how it's frustrating, but they WILL come.
Hey... when you have as little money as I have, you don't mind the wait. Means you can eat that week... Wocka Wocka! :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
And comic book resources has a 7-page preview for issue 2.

And it's got appearances by many "season one" characters, such as Mildred, Wayne, Wanda, and Nigel (though I don't know if I'd strictly consider Nigel a "season one character").

DTWolf

Reaction score
I've got nothing bad to say, really!

Muppet Show #4 and Muppet Robin Hood #2 DID hit comic shops today. I bought both this morning.

MS #4 is good—if you liked the other issues, you'll like this one. I made sure to go through it a second time looking only at the backgrounds. (Big Momma seems to be wearing a man's hat. I wonder if it belongs to someone she swallowed?:smile:)

(I'm waiting until I have all four issues of Robin Hood to read it, so I can't comment on that.)