Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Scratch that! Comic Book Resources has a preview for it now. It looks good. Mahna Mahna and the Snowths appear in the opening two-page spread, as do the mean and happy Hugga Wugga creatures. The Electric Mayhem isn't in the opening this time, though.
Here's a link in case anyone has trouble finding it: http://comicbookresources.com/prev_img.php?pid=2918&pg=1

I REALLY like what I'm seeing so far--though I'm not at all surprised. Langridge consistently hits the nail on the head, so there were no worries from me. I rully like that Janice seems to have a small role in this one. Good to see!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Has anyone actually found issue 4 yet? I've only seen reprints of the first 2 issues popping up this week...

DTWolf

Reaction score
Even though the Boom Studios website continues to show Muppet Show #4 as one of their 24 June releases, I did not find it at the local comic shop on Wednesday, and I was there when they opened the door. (I went to another branch of the same store Thursday and issue 4 wasn't there either.)

Issue 4 is (or was when I checked last) also listed as available at online comic retailer TFAW.com.

However, the Diamond Comics* list of this week's releases (http://previewsworld.com/public/default.asp?t=2&m=1&c=6&s=428) does not mention the Muppet Show at all. This makes me think no physical stores got the issue this week, and we'll have to keep checking.

Boom needs to do a better job announcing and keeping their release dates.

*Diamond Comics is the near-monopolistic distributor that supplies U.S. comic shops with all the comics from the various publishers.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Even though the Boom Studios website continues to show Muppet Show #4 as one of their 24 June releases, I did not find it at the local comic shop on Wednesday, and I was there when they opened the door. (I went to another branch of the same store Thursday and issue 4 wasn't there either.)
Yeah... if anyone working there has any info on what's going down, I'd like to hear it. I'd hate to wait a while and buy a reprint. I'll check a couple more places this weekend. hopefully, the schedule was off, and it will be in stores next week.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I have all 4 issues! Boom took a while sending it but threw in an extra Kermit's Story comic for the trouble. I think they're working out issues with their site. I can relate.:smile:

So, here's how my review stacks up for the first 4 issues:
Kermit 1. A-
Fozzie 2. B+
Gonzo 3. A
Piggy. 4. A-
-------
:wink: Total A-

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm just gonna say there was some confusion with the retailers, since issue 3 came out earlier this month....

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somebody at Tough Pigs said that issue number four should come out this week.

So, Frogboy, does issue #4 contain a "Sound of Music" parody like the cover suggests?

Amy

Reaction score
I don't know the inner workings of Boom! as a company or how they organise their releases, but I'd advise everyone to take any published release dates with a grain of salt.
These dates are set far ahead of schedule, regardless of where the comic actually is in terms of production. Any number of things can cause a comic to be delayed a week or pushed back a month.
Bear in mind these comics have to go through a lot of back-and-forth with Disney. The Muppet Team there are watching proceedings very closely(especially with the fairy-tale stories) and revisions can often bite into the schedule.

Ultimately, any delays are invariably in the cause of making the comics as good as possible, so fret not.

Boom! has some powerful titles under its belt, but it's not a huge company like Marvel or DC.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Somebody at Tough Pigs said that issue number four should come out this week.

So, Frogboy, does issue #4 contain a "Sound of Music" parody like the cover suggests?
There was no Sound of Music number except for the cover. Maybe it didn't make the cut of material.

**Spoilers Ahead**
:smile:o but keeping many surprises under my hat :shifty:)​

Cover(S): Marylin Piggy/Sound of Music Piggy
Credits Page: Bunsen & Beaker
1: Backstage - Scooter & Kermit
2/3: Opening Number Layout - Cast with Statler & Waldorf
4: Sam the Eagle Lecture
5: Backstage - Piggy, Janice, Psychic and Cast
6/7: Backtage - Piggy & Psychic
8: Backstage - Piggy (Kermit & Cast)
9: Vet's Hospital
10: Backstage - Cast
11: Talking Houses
12: Backstage - Kermit & Piggy
13/14: Muppet Labs
15: Backstage - Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Beauregard etc.
16/17: Pigs in Space
18/19/20: Police Station - Kermit, Piggy, Psychic, Pigs etc.
21: Muppet Stage closing number - Kermit, Piggy, dancing girl pigs
22: Backstage/Piggy's Dressing Room - Kermit, Scooter, Piggy etc.
23: Boom! Article
24: Toy Story Comic Ad
25: Muppet Robin Hood Comic 1 Ad
Back Cover: Backtage - Harry, Big Mama, Kermit, Piggy

Beauregard

Reaction score
TALKING HOUSES! That's freakin' awesome man! *cough*...Loving how these guys are using the material.