Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

pattywack

Reaction score
I'm definitley happy with how Eric is doing Piggy, and I find it strange you guys make that note. If anything for me, I've noticed the rougness more with Eric.

Drtooth

Reaction score
other brands of entertainment these days.

On Gonzo
I too like how Gonzo is this sort of mellowed crazy. He still has his wild moments, but most of the time he seems like the veteran weirdo.
Personally, I always liken Gonzo to Steve Martin. I mean, back when both started out their acts, they were both really crazy, and did anything for a laugh. now they're more settled down and more artistic. They still are both crazy, but it's toned down with age.

Of course, I have to admit, I like Steve's earlier stuff... 'specially King Tut.

SarahOnBway

Reaction score
Personally, I always liken Gonzo to Steve Martin. I mean, back when both started out their acts, they were both really crazy, and did anything for a laugh. now they're more settled down and more artistic. They still are both crazy, but it's toned down with age.

Of course, I have to admit, I like Steve's earlier stuff... 'specially King Tut.
Oooh, that's a really good way to think about Gonzo. I like it.

And just a note on the CGI: They've been using it for pretty much 15 years on Muppet Movies--there's a bunch of CGI in MCC, and that was back in the earlier stages of the technique but it all worked beautifully. If nothing else, they'll use CGI to delete the rods, and I am perfectly fine with that. I don't think they'll have a Waldo-esque character, I think they would just use it here and there in a realistic fashion. So many movies are using it nowadays--to add extras in, to build upon landscapes. I'm not worried about any CGI uses they might have.

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Good points Sarah - it is true they all use it. My point is they should stop using it and get more creative.

A director talked to me once about how back in the day they couldn't CG lightening and so they would actually shoot electricity through wires & etc. He said it cost about 7 bucks to do and forced them all to lock down the set and really think about how to do this. He said watching the take now there is something organic and more interesting to it that CG. CG is amazing these days - don't get me wrong and they should delete the rods.

I'm just sayin' it might be cool for them to come up with something such as the "bicycle" scenes in the Muppet Movie and etc. To this day I watch that and think "how did they do that so well?" and it's interesting. It makes you think.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Finally saw Sarah Marshall. I absolutely loved everything about it. All the muppet stuff thrown in there just made it even more awesome, but it was seriously a fantastic movie. I've said before how I support Segel but I will say it again: you go, Jason! You ROCK. And also you play piano magnificently :wink:

uppitymuppity

Reaction score
Well, at least I did my part to plug the show. This is an old friend of mine who has a very popular blog. She's Lady Bunny from NY and I had her add a clip from the new series:

Beware - it's an adult site and scroll down it's Raquel Welch:

http://ladybunny.net/blog/

pattywack

Reaction score
I doubt that very much! :concern: :confused: :cool:

Dave is still doing great!
Yes he certainly is! I don't think he has any plans in the near future to retire, besides there have been older mupeteers than him! Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.