Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclematt

Reaction score
Thats good to know that he will be around for a while. How old is he now?

Kevin the Frog

Reaction score
Jason was on Craig Ferguson and mentioned one of his first "being recognized" moments was when this Dominoes pizza driver quickly pulled over his car, ran over to him, and out of breath said, "Hey sorry to bother you, but I can do a really good Kermit voice, so if you need me call Dominoes and ask for Joe."

Ha sounds like something I would do. Got a big laugh from the audience.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
lol awww see that's sad, Steve better bust his butt now as Kermit.
So many people would love to be the Frog!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Well, if he thinks he's recasting Kermit, I'm not seeing the movie.

There's a lot more to the Frog than the voice.

IgorPonweed

Reaction score
I'm sure that "Joe" was just joking, there is NO way some Dominoes guy would really be cast in the role or think he can replace Steve.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why is it that so many people don't get that statement? However, the pizza guy remark was obviously mentioned as a show of support and enthusiasm. Steve is the frog and I'm sure he will be until he choses to pass the torch very many years from now. :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I'm sure "Dominos Guy" isn't going to be replacing Steve Whitmire, either. :smile: I just hope Segel's not the type that thinks "Oh, Kermit's voice is a little off. We need to get a new guy in for this." I'm sure he's probably not, the comment just threw me off a little bit.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Voices, Frank and You Tube Too!

:insatiable: I know this is a clip from A&E about Sesame Street, but about 3 minutes in the great Frank Oz talks about how the voice isn't his priority when puppeteering the characters. I have been looking for this sort of clip a long time - ever since I stated here that Frank Oz greatest talent is in the performance department over the voice work. Yeah, his voices are great, but it's the character and performance that shine. Lots of people can do a good Miss Piggy, Grover, Kermit the Frog or Ernie, but few can capture the spirit of them the way that Eric and Steve have done. It's just thrilling to watch these people work - and have fun too! If the pizza guy ever wants to get into the biz, puppeteering workshops are where to start. :big_grin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlTvcKTsXw&feature=related

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Well, if he thinks he's recasting Kermit, I'm not seeing the movie.

Well I realize that and I know what ya mean like how he acts all hip and talks about how he's not with miss piggy all the time now.
Why is it that so many people don't get that statement? However, the pizza guy remark was obviously mentioned as a show of support and enthusiasm. Steve is the frog and I'm sure he will be until he choses to pass the torch very many years from now. :smile:
Oh I get it, but as much as I enjoy Steve and his own characters, he's just not kermit to me anymore.
He was trying but he's pretty much made him into Steve the frog.
I'm also sick of them trying to act like things in the past never happend.
If you want to be a character you really should know it's past, especially when you've been there for it.
I'm sure "Dominos Guy" isn't going to be replacing Steve Whitmire, either. :smile: I just hope Segel's not the type that thinks "Oh, Kermit's voice is a little off. We need to get a new guy in for this." I'm sure he's probably not, the comment just threw me off a little bit.
Like you said it's much more than a voice it's the character it's self and Steve after all these years still makes a decent Kermit but not a perfect one.
I would think that by this point he would have perfected it, that's what bothers me so much.
It's not that it's a good Kermit and it's not like I don't try to get used to it. I just know it could be so much better it feels some times like he doesn't even try.
And trust me I'm not one of those people who are all bla bla bla he'll never be Jim Henson, because that's pretty obvious he's Steve Witmire.
My point was that he really needs to step it up for movie.
:insatiable: I know this is a clip from A&E about Sesame Street, but about 3 minutes in the great Frank Oz talks about how the voice isn't his priority when puppeteering the characters. I have been looking for this sort of clip a long time - ever since I stated here that Frank Oz greatest talent is in the performance department over the voice work. Yeah, his voices are great, but it's the character and performance that shine. Lots of people can do a good Miss Piggy, Grover, Kermit the Frog or Ernie, but few can capture the spirit of them the way that Eric and Steve have done. It's just thrilling to watch these people work - and have fun too! If the pizza guy ever wants to get into the biz, puppeteering workshops are where to start.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XDlTvcKTsXw&feature=related
I wouldn't say it's about just how they move the puppet it's a mixture of everything.
It's hard for someone who has a differnt personality than say Jim did to make his characters come to life.
I think Eric has hands down masterd the bear, the pig is to mean all the time though or gruff.
I take the good with bad doesn't mean I can't give my opinions on them.
I wish I could without people flipping out at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.