Disney Enlists Segel & Stoller for new Muppets movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks Uncle Matt!

Ya know the more i think about it i really can't wait to see who they get to do some Muppet Vocies. I really hope that they give Bill Bereta the chance to explore with Rowlf some. I know that this has kind of been talked about before, but I really think Rowlf needs a big comeback. I also would love to hear some new songs sung by Rowlf and The Electric Mayhym. I was thinking ya know how Floyd was really the sopkeperson for the band on TMS, Well if they have not really found someone that feels ready to do his voice then maybe let Dr.Theeth or Janice feel in for him. Robin is another one i would really love to see come back, and maybe this time come back a little older like in his teens. I think having Kermit and the gang dealing with a Young wild teen would really be funny and yet moving at the same time. Robin use to worship the ground Kermit walked on, and I think if they made him rebel aginst Kermit some reall good comody could come from it.

Also We know that all the Muppets are going to be seperated wouldn't it be out of this world if Kermit retuned to Sesame Street to be a reporter. It would be really great to see Kermit and Grover together one last time.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Not only one last time, but the beginning of a whole bunch of times for Kermit and Grover to be together again.

pattywack

Reaction score
Thanks Uncle Matt!

Ya know the more i think about it i really can't wait to see who they get to do some Muppet Vocies. I really hope that they give Bill Bereta the chance to explore with Rowlf some. I know that this has kind of been talked about before, but I really think Rowlf needs a big comeback. I also would love to hear some new songs sung by Rowlf and The Electric Mayhym. I was thinking ya know how Floyd was really the sopkeperson for the band on TMS, Well if they have not really found someone that feels ready to do his voice then maybe let Dr.Theeth or Janice feel in for him. Robin is another one i would really love to see come back, and maybe this time come back a little older like in his teens. I think having Kermit and the gang dealing with a Young wild teen would really be funny and yet moving at the same time. Robin use to worship the ground Kermit walked on, and I think if they made him rebel aginst Kermit some reall good comody could come from it.

Also We know that all the Muppets are going to be seperated wouldn't it be out of this world if Kermit retuned to Sesame Street to be a reporter. It would be really great to see Kermit and Grover together one last time.
Love your thoughts! Another great post dwayne!
I too miss Rowlf greatly! I think, like Kermit, they should have gone on with him straight away. I think it's time now to bring him back, and not just a few lines, he needs a major role in this film. He's such a vital member of the crew, I'm so surprised they've left him in the dark for so long.
Yeah I really want to see some music from the Electric Mayhem again, they are great fun!
LOVE your idea on Robin! I think that would be such a good plot stirrer to have him built up to a teen frog with some teen problems. I'd love to see a cute teen love story.

Is it sure that the muppets will be seperated? If so, then yeah Kermit being on SS as reporter again would be a great idea! I really want to see how big of a fan Segel and Stoller how and how much they know abou tthe world ...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Love your thoughts! Another great post dwayne!
I too miss Rowlf greatly! I think, like Kermit, they should have gone on with him straight away. I think it's time now to bring him back, and not just a few lines, he needs a major role in this film. He's such a vital member of the crew, I'm so surprised they've left him in the dark for so long.
Yeah I really want to see some music from the Electric Mayhem again, they are great fun!
LOVE your idea on Robin! I think that would be such a good plot stirrer to have him built up to a teen frog with some teen problems. I'd love to see a cute teen love story.

Is it sure that the muppets will be seperated? If so, then yeah Kermit being on SS as reporter again would be a great idea! I really want to see how big of a fan Segel and Stoller how and how much they know abou tthe world ...
Thank you! I'm just glad I have ideas and am able to share them. All the Interviews and things I have read about the movie says that Kermit has to get all the Muppets back together. So why would'nt Kermit go back to Sesame Street? I mean that is really where he got his start anyways. I think it would be funny to see Kermit trying to teach Elmo how to be a news reporter. If you go to Youtube you can find where Kermit did a lot of skits with Elmo, when Kevin Clash really created the liitle monster. The magic of the two together (Kermit and Elmo) was really good and sometimes very funny.
I am so feeling what your saying about the Teen love thing. I could just see Piggy haveing a Teen reletive, and insteed of the pig going hog wild it is the frog.
I would love to see Kermit on Sesame Street once agine I think it would realy bring some kind of higher bar or something.

pattywack

Reaction score
Thank you! I'm just glad I have ideas and am able to share them. All the Interviews and things I have read about the movie says that Kermit has to get all the Muppets back together. So why would'nt Kermit go back to Sesame Street? I mean that is really where he got his start anyways. I think it would be funny to see Kermit trying to teach Elmo how to be a news reporter. If you go to Youtube you can find where Kermit did a lot of skits with Elmo, when Kevin Clash really created the liitle monster. The magic of the two together (Kermit and Elmo) was really good and sometimes very funny.
I am so feeling what your saying about the Teen love thing. I could just see Piggy haveing a Teen reletive, and insteed of the pig going hog wild it is the frog.
I would love to see Kermit on Sesame Street once agine I think it would realy bring some kind of higher bar or something.

Well yeah it definitley would be fun. I can't wait for this movie! Gaaah!

I found an interview with Jason Segel: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_14484.html

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about it. I have to admit I was taken aback that he hadn't already known the muppets had been sold to Disney and that he'd also only just found out that Disney hadn't done anything with it. All though, it kind of made up for it when he said stuff about the christmas caper and things like that.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Well yeah it definitley would be fun. I can't wait for this movie! Gaaah!

I found an interview with Jason Segel: http://www.moviesonline.ca/movienews_14484.html

I dunno, I have mixed feelings about it. I have to admit I was taken aback that he hadn't already known the muppets had been sold to Disney and that he'd also only just found out that Disney hadn't done anything with it. All though, it kind of made up for it when he said stuff about the christmas caper and things like that.
Well you also have to take into consideration that durring the sell to Disney He was trying to get his carrer really started and so forth. He has grown up with the Muppets and has had to do some catch up, if ya know what I mean. I'm sure that he has watched all the Muppet movies by now, both new and old. I think he will make things work.

pattywack

Reaction score
Yeah, well I really liked his coments on Kermit. I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

ETA: On what we were talking about before with the voices changing I was looking at the archives on muppet central on an interview with Jerry Juhl back in '98, and found a quote which i completely agree with!

The upcoming film will be the first one post-Jim Henson and Richard Hunt's passings where the Classic Muppets are playing themselves again rather than playing parts. Will we see more of their characters returning like Rowlf, Scooter, and especially considering the science-fiction genre, Link Hogthrob?

JUHL: There's a lot of things taken into account when we bring back those characters. It's very important that if we do that, that they're done by people who can do them well, especially Rowlf. We haven't really had anyone who can do that gruff Jim voice. The characters are very real to a lot of people so any replacements need to be of a certain level. Of course, with the ones we have brought back like Kermit, Beaker, and Statler and Waldorf, those get dissected heavily on the newsgroups. The second thing that's involved is we're pretty reticent to hand over certain characters that are such an integral part of the personalities of the performers. Scooter was so much like Richard. Someday that may change if the need for the character presents itself and we find the right person. Link's the same way, it's hard to imagine anyone performing that type of character like Jim.
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]We take into consideration a little of everything and this is something the fans have endless discussions about. I personally feel Steve's certainly done a wonderful job with Kermit. It's always tricky, hard, and emotional both for the writers and the performers. Even when we decide to do it, the performers may have their own feelings. Ultimately, it depends on the project at the time.
[/FONT]

It's a shame that it's difficult to find people for Rowlf and Scooter, but I would still rather the right person be found than them having major roles in the new film with a voice that just isn't right.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
I think Link may be the character I'm best at I'd really love to give it a go, I wish I could audition to play Link for this movie. :smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I think Scooter's voice has been remarkably good in the last two television specials (by Brian Henson and Rickey Boyd) and Adam Hunt provided a fairly good likeness in Muppets From Space. Bill Barretta's Rowlf is very good. There is something in the laugh and personality that doesn't quite match that will probably improve with time.

Both characters sound better to me than Steve Whitmire's initial Kermit the Frog in The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson and The Muppet Christmas Carol. It took him a while to grow into it and there are still some out there that think Kermit should be recast.

:sympathy: :wink: I'm glad Scooter and Rowlf are back and agree who they've been assigned to. I just hope to see more of them! I understand the idea of retiring them (especially Scooter) but I no longer agree with the choice of retiring characters. Muppets should live on in some performers' capable hands. I would rather the character be a little off than gone forever.

pattywack

Reaction score
I definitley need to re-check out out MFS and MWOZ so I can tell you what I think of Scooter, but if it's good they'll probably get one of them to play him in the new movie. I sincerely hope he has a major role in the new film.

Oh I definitley think Steve Whitmire has done a remarkble job of Kermit, and for him to be recast would be an insult to Jim's memory in my opinion.

Well I wouldn't really consider Rowlf being 'back'. We've hardly seen him and he hasn't had many lines at all. But I do think he's on his way.

Yeah I'm totally against them retiring the characters, that makes no sense! Jim wanted to sell them to Disney so that they could live on forever, be up there in the characters that people would know forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.