Master Replicas Gonzo Photo Puppet

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc hopper

Reaction score
as much as I'd love a Dr. Teeth, I think we should hope for characters that were originally covered in fleece or fur. Wasn't Teeth mainly foam? just like the old Janice, Floyd and Zoot?

I really hope they stick with characters that can be done easily. Fozzie is a perfect example. Rowlf would be good too. And SCOOTER would be a perfect and easily achievable reproduction.

As we're learning with Gonzo, the different types of foam used for certain muppets is hard to pull off.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Vinyl replicas?

:concern: I'm wondering if this is the new "replica" news spot in general now. I'm trying not to get too off topic from Gonzo, but until there's more about him I guess I'll deviate a bit unless that's not cool. :cool:

I was just in Urban Outfitters last night and noticed all the customizeable urban vinyl figural toys. I was wondering if Henson ever considered making a "Build it Yourself" plastic Doozer? The form lends itelf to that material and it would be great to have an "all ages" Mr. Potato Head - type Doozer to test the market on Fraggle Rock figures and replicas. Here are some of the offerings from KidRobot I spotted there. It's hit and miss with these, but I can so see a reasonably-priced Doozer of a similar type in their store - and selling well! :excited:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
A "build your own Doozer" kit? That'd be a nice idea. Not sure what market it would be aimed at but I could definitely see how it could work. A generic Doozer body and head and various arms, legs and features. They could give you the bits to re-create your favorite Doozers or design your own.

doc hopper

Reaction score
along with building my own doozers, I'd love to buy some of those plastic, transparent construction pieces. Were they called doozer sticks? you could build your own doozer display out of them! cool!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Question guys....when was Gonzo's suit ever red. I am only familiar with the classic Muppet Show. Was there any other times when his suit was red? Just curious.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey MuppetCaper.....can you do me a favour? There is a guy on the MR forum and he is from the UK and doesnt know where to get Gonzo from. Can you let him know that he can get him from the collector zone
http://www.thecollectorzone.com/
tell him to ask for a guy called Neil, he will be able to take his order. The members name is standupguy. It would be a shame if he didnt know where to start buying the line! Sorry to ask but I am not registered to their site. Cheers in advance!
I will send him this message for you. I know standupguy, he is one of my favorite forum members over there. He is really a nice chap. He was also quite concerned about trying to get Gonzo as well with the shipping cost and everything.

Davina

Reaction score
ooh hubby and i would love some do it yourself doozers and doozer sticks.. he'd love to build a little fraggle corner in our basement rec room and those would help sooo much...

goodrastus

Reaction score
I know this question has been a hot topic for weeks now but I'm just seeking a little clarification after scrolling through a number of pages.

I'm assuming that the pic of Gonzo at MR's website is the contentious prototype that has been discussed over the weeks/months. Is this actually what the final one looks like or are we waiting for final pics?

Thanks

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Question guys....when was Gonzo's suit ever red. I am only familiar with the classic Muppet Show. Was there any other times when his suit was red? Just curious.
I never saw him in a red suit. The maroon suit was in the early seasons, after that I don't think he wore a suit very much. He wore a black tux once or twice I think and the daredevil outfit was worn a lot during the later seasons too. Since the Muppet Show his dress has been very different with casual shirts and khaki pants. That's how he's dressed in most of the Gonzo merch.
I would have liked to have had him dressed in a tank-top like he was during a lot of the 80s.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I know this question has been a hot topic for weeks now but I'm just seeking a little clarification after scrolling through a number of pages.

I'm assuming that the pic of Gonzo at MR's website is the contentious prototype that has been discussed over the weeks/months. Is this actually what the final one looks like or are we waiting for final pics?

Thanks
Yeah, you're right. We are still waiting to see new photos of the Gonzo replica. They are still tinkering with him as we speak as far as I am aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.