The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
Point well taken. But the thing that matters is it's profitable and that kids like and watch them. But do you think any of thins stuff will actually be memorable in ten years time from now?
No, but they'll still be using the same tweencom crap formula for years to come. Far beyond that. Far far beyond that. Somehow, I just don't see 20 year old girls in the future wearing retro Miley Cirus T-Shirts in the same way people wear TMNT, Looney Tunes, Marvel Comics, or Transforms shirts today. They are bland and forgettible, and a quick cash grab.

Though i still think Even Stevens rose above tween-com mediocrity from time to time. And the star of that one became a successful actor. heck, he's Indie's sidekick. What has Hillary Duff done lately?

Teheheman

Reaction score
lol, I think she's back to blond now, or at least blond streaks. I kinda think that it's a good thing that Hillary Duff ISN'T really doing much cause it means that while Lohan, Spears, and all those other girls are doing thing and are in the news for all the WRONG reasons, it means that she's really laying low and having a life which is probably something that she's never really got to do. To be a normal person. Speaking of Even Stevens, what ever happened to the sister on the show? I mean the brother became one of the biggest stars in the world and the dad was on Revenge of the Nerds(One of the BEST movies ever) but what about the sister?

Daniel

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Absolutely not
Couldn't agree more.

All this claptrap is appealing to the 'now' audience, the demographic who aren't patient, don't care about the past or the future (or anyone else for that matter) and want what they want when they want it.

It's not about QUALITY...it's about QUANTITY (that being, the QUANTITY of dollars they rake in off a crude movie or whatnot that appeals to the 'general public' :wink: ).

unclematt

Reaction score
It is all about cash. How about these racy pictures Miley Cyrus took.

Telly

Reaction score
Hilary's my girl! Christy Carson Ramono (Ren Stevens)...last I heard, she was playing Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hilary's my girl! Christy Carson Ramono (Ren Stevens)...last I heard, she was playing Belle in Disney's Beauty and the Beast on Broadway.
She's in a lot of crappy TV movies on ABC Family.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
No, but they'll still be using the same tweencom crap formula for years to come.
That's probably most likely true. But I can't help but feel that in the long run that substance will always win out over nonsense. It's just a back and fourth kind of thing.