The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

unclematt

Reaction score
Thats why it would make more sence. Heck, they are retro themselves.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! Hey! you're right that it's just like something from the eighties. But I feels more like a parody of something from back than.
More like a cheap copy to me. They don't even have any of the 80's sitcom charm. Full House may not be a great show, and I wouldn't want to watch it again unless you paid me, but it had a charm to it. Ditto Family Matters and stuff like that. I wouldn't want to watch episodes again on a regular basis, but they at least were well done for what they were. These shows seem inorganic, and have an assembly line quality to them. Even (hate to admit it) Lizzie MaQuire and Even Stevens (which was pretty good actually) were'nt this bad.

anyway:

They WERE an 80s band... the show started in 1983.
Exactly. The Chippettes were a 1980's girl band send up, why not pass them off as the same thing before the retro 80's thing falls out?

Though the Chipmunks themselves have been around since the 50's, and they didn't pass them off as a retro 50's group in the film.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree and I think Even Stevens was a pretty good and funny show. I actually liked that show.

I do know what you mean. That's why I'm glad that their were people like Carsey-Werner among others in the 80's who were actually genuinely funny. Even Who's the Boss was a funny show.

Drtooth

Reaction score
After doing some research, I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Chippetes be Emo now.

Wocka Wocka.

unclematt

Reaction score
All of thos Disney shows are terribly done. Even the Nick shows are done poorly but not as poorly as the DIsney ones.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Point well taken. But the thing that matters is it's profitable and that kids like and watch them. But do you think any of thins stuff will actually be memorable in ten years time from now?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Well they were not made to last I suppose. Just here for the cash today and then dumped by the way side.