The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! it's true that Bratz is no Barby in that it's just a fad that It's going to come and pass and the next useless thing will come along, LOL! I'm not going to get into Barbie have self respecting qualities about hoe which it true, lOL!

But that would be so cool if they made the Chippettes a J-Pop band!

But has anybody heard of the latest offering from Disney? It's call Camp Rock and honestly I don't know what the difference is in that it just all seems so formulaic?:confused:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah! it's true that Bratz is no Barby in that it's just a fad that It's going to come and pass and the next useless thing will come along, LOL! I'm not going to get into Barbie have self respecting qualities about hoe which it true, lOL!
basically Bratz, as I see it, is a hold over from the late 90's pop girls fad. The provacative, sexualized ones, that is. Britteny and Christina especially. Which wouldn't have bothered me a bit, had girls younger than 10 not dressed like li'l strippers. in this day and age whith certain kinds of perverts walking around, that's not a smart idea, either. I say they may still be popular, but I really hope the failure of the movie, and the moving on to trite tweencoms on the Disney channel are moving things back in a preppy direction.

But then:

But has anybody heard of the latest offering from Disney? It's call Camp Rock and honestly I don't know what the difference is in that it just all seems so formulaic?
I don't see the draw of these. At all. At all. the same basic cliched 1980's sitcom garbage done even worse by people who really shouldn't act. not sophisticated stuff at all. Basically well dressed people falling into mud and screaming type humor. Even Saved by the Bell was better than this. But it's making a killing. i have no idea how, I don't even wanna know, but the point is these are successful for some reason, and people feel the only way to compete is to copy them exactly.

I'm almost amazed that they don't wind up making the Chippettes Hannah Montana clones or something. Emo rock would be odd too. I'd give them 1980's girl band (Bangles, Go Gos), like they were intended.

Drtooth

Reaction score
What is J-pop
Japanese Pop music. Sadly, it's better than a lot of the stuff I hear out of here these days. We basically just get ridin' rims rap, I'm so pathetic because I have a lot of money emo rock, and minimalistic stuff I can't ecen explain. Gimme the Beatles or the Stones or Queen Any time.

There's an idea. the Chippettes as a classic Rock coverband.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Yeah! it's true that Bratz is no Barby in that it's just a fad that It's going to come and pass and the next useless thing will come along, LOL! I'm not going to get into Barbie having self respecting qualities about her which it true, lOL!

But that would be so cool if they made the Chippettes a J-Pop band!

But has anybody heard of the latest offering from Disney? It's call Camp Rock and honestly I don't know what the difference is in that it just all seems so formulaic?:confused:
I meant top put that word her instead of the other thing. A very regretful mistake.:embarrassed: Real tired and writing to fast and wasn't really watching where I was going to well.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
basically Bratz, as I see it, is a hold over from the late 90's pop girls fad. The provacative, sexualized ones, that is. Britteny and Christina especially. Which wouldn't have bothered me a bit, had girls younger than 10 not dressed like li'l strippers. in this day and age whith certain kinds of perverts walking around, that's not a smart idea, either. I say they may still be popular, but I really hope the failure of the movie, and the moving on to trite tweencoms on the Disney channel are moving things back in a preppy direction.
Yeah, I would have to agree that it's just a trend form that time.

I don't see the draw of these. At all. At all. the same basic cliched 1980's sitcom garbage done even worse by people who really shouldn't act. not sophisticated stuff at all. Basically well dressed people falling into mud and screaming type humor. Even Saved by the Bell was better than this. But it's making a killing. i have no idea how, I don't even wanna know, but the point is these are successful for some reason, and people feel the only way to compete is to copy them exactly.
Yeah! Hey! you're right that it's just like something from the eighties. But I feels more like a parody of something from back than.

I'm almost amazed that they don't wind up making the Chippettes Hannah Montana clones or something. Emo rock would be odd too. I'd give them 1980's girl band (Bangles, Go Gos), like they were intended.
Yeah. It would be fun to see then in their original forum the way they were created to be, again.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am not a big fan of Japanese pop I would much rather see the Chipettes be Emo

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I had a thought, and it probably wouldn't go over too well, but couldn't The Chipettes be intentionally retro? You know, kind of like The Stray Cats, or The BeeGees?

unclematt

Reaction score
I would much rather see an 80s retro than a 70s retro