The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Telly

Reaction score
What I really want to know is how did they even know that song?:confused:
I'm wondering if they didn't pick "Bad Day" because when it was popular, it was overplayed. Who doesn't know that song?

unclematt

Reaction score
I am sutre there was no other thought behind it other than the chipmunks were having a bad day.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they didn't pick "Bad Day" because when it was popular, it was overplayed. Who doesn't know that song?
Well, I'm sure even animals up trees have heard of the some at that rate, LOL!

But I actually don't hate the Bratz movie, people. It's like a parody of a bad movie to such an extent that it's actually funny. It's got like 20 montages in, LOL!

Telly

Reaction score
i actually wanna see the Bratz movie

Teheheman

Reaction score
That movie was a REALLY bad idea in the first place anyways. I just feel bad for the people that put the hard work in making the tape that movie was filmed on.

Daniel

Drtooth

Reaction score
That movie was a REALLY bad idea in the first place anyways. I just feel bad for the people that put the hard work in making the tape that movie was filmed on.

Well, basically it served its purpose as a toy commercial. I'm glad the thing bombed, and I hope it spells the end of that annoying 90's Hoochie Babies fad. Much as I hate Hannah Montana, I'm glad girls are flocking to something less gratuitously sexual. I'm no prude, but 10 year old girls (or worse, under) should not dress like street walkers. It's disgusting.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, basically it served its purpose as a toy commercial. I'm glad the thing bombed, and I hope it spells the end of that annoying 90's Hoochie Babies fad. Much as I hate Hannah Montana, I'm glad girls are flocking to something less gratuitously sexual. I'm no prude, but 10 year old girls (or worse, under) should not dress like street walkers. It's disgusting.
I have a problem with Bratz' values. I love my consumerism of movies, music and toys, but all of that is driven by my tastes and personal investigation rather than someone telling me what to like. That's different with today's youth and Bratz-like brands. Advertainment like that is responsible for young people trying too hard to impress others who don't really exist. All it does is make some old corporate folks rich.

The Chipmunks movie does have brands thrown in, but where it makes sense and - there could have been a lot more of it. I hope the sequel doesn't fall into that trap!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have a problem with Bratz' values. I love my consumerism of movies, music and toys, but all of that is driven by my tastes and personal investigation rather than someone telling me what to like. That's different with today's youth and Bratz-like brands. Advertainment like that is responsible for young people trying too hard to impress others who don't really exist. All it does is make some old corporate folks rich.
it seems like most girls have moved away from stuff like that. they're more obsessed with Preppier stuff like Hannah Montana and High School Musical. I wouldn't be surprised if kids stop buying Bratz all together, and they stop making those hideous DTV (cheaply made) CGI flims. It's been over a year since they cancelled the TV show on 4Kids (granted, they didn't produce it). Seems like that page may actually be turned some time soon.

Of Course, I detest both HM and HSM (long story short, because these things kill in the ratings, quite a few networks are giving up animated programming... even cartoon network), but at least they aren't pole dancing girls. that music seems to be put out to pasture lately. Due in part maybe to Brittney's lifestyle at the moment, or Christina Agulara cleaning up her act a little (trying to class it up a slight bit).

So, actually, it makes sense the Chippettes will be Emo rockers, since that's the flavor dujour. heck, if they made the movie at the right time, they could have either been a rap group, a girl group, or a J-Pop group (which, out of the three, would at least be a more interresting choice). I'd go for Punks, as an homage to Chipmunk Punk, the album that regenerated the popularity of the Chipmunks, leading to reruns of The Alvin Show, a Christmas special, and eventually a new TV series. Punk girls are hot, though, but not as anthropomorphic animals. Sorry Fifi laFume, i'm not one of those fanboys.