The Chipmunks' Triumphant Return

Drtooth

Reaction score
Shrek 2 left the original Shrek eating its dust, as did The Santa Clause 2 to the original Santa Clause. Toy Story 2 definitely managed to measure up to its original as well.

Now the sequel to Ice Age on the other hand, THAT one sucked!
I agree with you on Shrek and Toy Story. I thought that the first Santa Clause film was cute, and the others were just noisey. And I will say, I thought the pacing of Ice Age 2 was much better than the first one (which seemned all over the place).

Looking back, TMNT 2 and TMNT 3 couldn't compair with the original. And it took them till 2007 to make a TMNT film really work as well as the first one. I blame Vanilla Ice for the second one.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Looking back, TMNT 2 and TMNT 3 couldn't compair with the original. And it took them till 2007 to make a TMNT film really work as well as the first one. I blame Vanilla Ice for the second one.
Oh absolutely! The first TMNT was brilliant; it was funny and suprisingly touching, emotional and intense. You really felt the the Turtles' pain when they lost Splinter and Raphael's internal struggle. And I liked Corey Feldman's Donatello, lol. Sort of a weird combination of brains and insanity. I mean, who could forget the immortal:

"Awesome!"
"Righteous!"
"Bossanova!"
"Huh?....huh? Bossanova?"
"Chevynova?"
"No...."
"Uh...Excellent!"
"Yeah! Pizza, I need it!"

At the time my favorite Turtle was Michaelangelo, loved every single line he had:

"But no anchovies! And I mean NO anchovies! You put anchovies on this thing and you're in big trouble, alright? !"

Pizza Man (trying to find the Turtles' address): Terriffic, where the heck is 1 22 and an 8?

Michaelangelo (in sewer below): "You're standing on it, dude!"

Btw, little trivia here: The Pizza Guy is the actor inside the Michaelangelo suit. The passenger in the cab Raphael jumps over was the actor in Raphael's suit. The Foot soldier who slaps April is in Donatello's. And one of the gang members is in Leonardo's.

I even love the "Turtle Power" song at the end over the credits (and that 9.95 song that comes after, very 80s/early 90s). Though, I can't forgive this one little error:

"Leonardo, Michaelangelo, and Donatello. Head up the group with one other fellow, Raphael, he's the leader of the group, transformed from the norm by the mutagen goop!"

Look, I know it rhymes, but Raphael was NOT the leader of the group! :wink:

The 2nd film was OK, but just a little silly sequal (and Corey Feldman wasn't in it, which disapointed me, lol. Don't do drugs.). And yeah...Vanilla Ice...

"Yo yo, they're the green machine, gonna rock the town without being seen. Have you ever seen a turtle get down?...Go Ninja, Go Ninja, Go!"

LOL, and when the Turtles suddenly stop fighting and broke into amazingly well choreographed dance...yeah...just silly...

The 3rd was pretty dreadful, just wasn't well written. One of the few positives was the return of Casey Jones! :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
I thought about it and I don't think it'd be right to add the Chipettes to the sequel. Fans shouldn't always get what they want. Look at Venom in Spider-man 3.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
But if fans never got what they wanted, then they probably wouldn't be much fans of anything anymore, would they?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought about it and I don't think it'd be right to add the Chipettes to the sequel. Fans shouldn't always get what they want. Look at Venom in Spider-man 3.
Hehe, I get what you mean. Sometimes fans aren't open enough to new ideas. However, sometimes movie makers don't listen to the fans enough, heh.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The 3rd was pretty dreadful, just wasn't well written. One of the few positives was the return of Casey Jones! :smile:

What ruined the 3rd movie was the absense of Henson productions due to budget problems. While not too noticab;e in the Green Team, it was Hard to ignore how poor Splinter looked. I will say, i need to see TMNT 2 again, but I have a feeling I liked TMNT 3 a little better just for Casey Alone. They really should have made a Casey Jones solo film or something.

The only problem I had with the new one is how the studio made it a PG film. And dispite what everyone else says, I think PG is quickly becoming G. I call baloney on parents not wanting to take kids to it. It doesn't mean they didn't take them to Spiderman or Batman (indeed a lot of really little kid Merchandise was created for Spidey as soon as the films came out). I mean, due to the pressure to make it G, a lot of the action was toned down, and I really miss the frustriated mild swearing of Raph. Still, I liked it as much as the first.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
What ruined the 3rd movie was the absense of Henson productions due to budget problems. While not too noticab;e in the Green Team, it was Hard to ignore how poor Splinter looked. I will say, i need to see TMNT 2 again, but I have a feeling I liked TMNT 3 a little better just for Casey Alone. They really should have made a Casey Jones solo film or something.
That's true too, the puppetry was noticeable lacking compared to the first two films. Lol, yeah seriously Casey Jones was awesome!

The only problem I had with the new one...due to the pressure to make it G, a lot of the action was toned down, and I really miss the frustriated mild swearing of Raph. Still, I liked it as much as the first.
I haven't seen the new one yet, still thinking about that, maybe. Yeah I remember going to see the first film years ago and you see Raphael peak out of the manhole and say that uh "mild swearing" hehe. The entire audience starting kinda nervous giggling because obviously there were so many kids in the audience, lol. Oddly enough, it didn't feel like anyone was angry or upset, just that they found it humorous (and prayed to God their kids wouldn't imitate lol).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Good night, read this...

http://www.cinematical.com/2008/01/10/run-for-cover-the-chipettes-are-coming/

How sick is that? I mean, I agree with that one comment on the article about it's one thing to be a kid and have a crush on a cartoon character, but for an adult to leer about seeing said cartoon character nude.

I'm reminded of that comment Elaine once made on Seinfeld about Jerry having a secret stash of sketches he's drawn of Lois Lane completely naked...

Telly

Reaction score
I'd rather see another story with JUST the Chipmunks! Then if that makes money, bring the Chipettes into the third installment (whether it be theatrical or DVD). I personally think it'd be too hard to bring the girls into CG form. Story line would be easy. They could take the original story from the cartoon. The Chipettes were using "The Chipmunks" as THEIR name. Alvin and company obviously got upset and went to find them. It goes on from there.