The 'What Song Are You Currently Listening To?' Thread

Teheheman

Reaction score
Listening to MM radio, so only gonna get 10 seconds of a song. Big Time by B&R was playing last I heard.

Daniel

lael

Reaction score
Concrete Blonde
"The Sky Is A Poisonous Garden Tonight"
'Bloodletting' 1990

~next is

Ofra Haza
"Cry"
'The Prince Of Egypt' soundtrack

I <3 her!!!

Kiki

Reaction score
Sorry, one more thing about "The End"...

Current CD editions contain the "uncensored" cut of the song during the frenzied "Oedipal" section. This, along with "Break on Through," were both slightly altered by producer Paul Rothchild in '67 before the album was released commercially (although both songs still have the same running times). "Break on Through" originally had the line "she gets high," before Rothchild cut it to "she gets..." This too has been restored on current editions of the album.

I believe the original, uncensored Doors master of "The End" first appeared in Coppola's Apocalypse Now, one of the best marriages of music and image in a film I can think of.
Thanks Windlow for those two posts about 'The End'... it's great to meet someone who has such awesome music tastes!! :smile:
Yeah, you're right, it actually goes for 11:42 minutes, not six like I said... I must've been thinking 'bout another song without checking whether I was right. :wink:
I love The Doors, I think they're an amazing band. Yeah, I noticed when listening to 'Break On Through' from a different Doors album Jim Morrison only says "She gets..." instead of "She get high", too.
fanks for your recommendations, too. I fave songs of their's are: 'break On Through (to the other side)', 'Light My Fire', 'The Crystal Ship', 'Alabamba Song', 'The End', 'Love me two times', 'People Are strange', 'hello, I love you', 'Touch me', 'Love her madly' and 'Riders on The Storm'. (Phew!!)
Yeah, The End really is a masterpiece. :smile: