Your Thoughts: Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+

What did you think of Muppets Haunted Mansion?

• Absolutely positively! The special was great!

• Bork bork! The special was good.

• Mee mee. The special was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! The special was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so hard on this, and apparently Muppets Now. I mean sure it's not the Muppet Show or Jim Henson made, but we're never going to get that again. I follow people on Facebook who were directly involved in this and when you read how passionate they are about this and the Muppet fan base and the franchise it's very assuring that they want to do things right.

For me, it's about how the characters interact with each other, and if there is some kind of development in who they are. We get that in this, from Gonzo learning he does have fears and how to face them, and then him helping Pepe. By the way, that older Gonzo was amazing and I don't care what anyone says.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Ah, thanks Shane. That helps determine what Muppet is which of the trio of Hobbs as the Quicksand Men were named in the Slave Labor Graphic comics. :big_grin:

Another quick question. We have :news: as the Aging Man, Yolanda as Medusa, Dr. Phil van Neuter as the Black Prince, and Annie Sue and Gaffer as the Werecat Lady.
Was, and if so, how was the Flying Dutchman represented with these other Changing Portraits?
Wow I didn't even notice Annie Sue, did you notice Angel Marrie was the mugs that where given to Gonzo and Pepe during the Hereafter song ?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Was, and if so, how was the Flying Dutchman represented with these other Changing Portraits?
They had the boat painting, but no ghosts on it (I think it was supposed to look like the Hispanola from MTI).

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you notice Angel Marie was the mugs that where given to Gonzo and Pepe during the Hereafter song ?
Not until I just checked out the cast for the special at Muppet Wiki just now for the umpteenth time.

Edit: In Dr. Peter Venkman voice: I just got ziffled!

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Not until I just checked out the cast for the special at Muppet Wiki just now for the umpteenth time.

Edit: In Dr. Peter Venkman voice: I just got ziffled!
That's what I'm saying there are so many hidden gems in this that you almost have to watch it over several times to find them all.

Now here is my question: Is that Luncheon monster or Dog Lion that they have shrined in the middle of the doors. I want to say Dog Lion because of the ears, but those two monsters look a lot alike.

Muppet Master

Reaction score
I don't understand why people are so hard on this, and apparently Muppets Now. I mean sure it's not the Muppet Show or Jim Henson made, but we're never going to get that again. I follow people on Facebook who were directly involved in this and when you read how passionate they are about this and the Muppet fan base and the franchise it's very assuring that they want to do things right.

For me, it's about how the characters interact with each other, and if there is some kind of development in who they are. We get that in this, from Gonzo learning he does have fears and how to face them, and then him helping Pepe. By the way, that older Gonzo was amazing and I don't care what anyone says.
For me personally, I don't want to be critical about it but there's nothing I can really do if it's just not clicking with me. I'm willing to give it another rewatch and hope to enjoy it more.

On another note, it's kinda interesting how this is the first time that Pat Sajak has appeared in a Muppets project. Considering that he's been relevant since well before Jim Henson died, you'd think he'd have slipped in a cameo in the 80s or 90s.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
For me personally, I don't want to be critical about it but there's nothing I can really do if it's just not clicking with me. I'm willing to give it another rewatch and hope to enjoy it more.

On another note, it's kinda interesting how this is the first time that Pat Sajak has appeared in a Muppets project. Considering that he's been relevant since well before Jim Henson died, you'd think he'd have slipped in a cameo in the 80s or 90s.
There are still so many celebrities, that haven't worked with the Muppets that I would love to see.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
@dwayne1115, the Muppet Wiki says Doglion was the Muppet monster used as the doorknocker to Room 999.

Princeton

Reaction score
This is exactly what I was referring to by this special having the weirdest, most random cameos.
And of course, it was awesome that Brian came back to perform Sal, I always loved the dynamic of him and Johnny, so hopefully, he’ll come back for that more often.
Did he previously retire from performing?
I definitely don’t want to be a downer, but I wouldn’t count on this getting any kind of physical release unfortunately.
I saw a couple days ago that evidently Wandavision got a DVD release so I guess anything's possible.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
@dwayne1115, the Muppet Wiki says Doglion was the Muppet monster used as the doorknocker to Room 999.
That's certainly more obscure than Luncheon monster, considering Doglion hasn't been in anything other than the live shows in decades. I missed it the first time, but the second time I couldn't keep my eyes off of it. I want to watch it again today just to see what else I can find.