Dealing with depression and anxiety

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Welp! Things certainly only got worse from here:

This virus and just everything in general going on in my life right now has just brought out the worst of me, and I have never felt more angry and bitter in my life than I have this month. Like, in all honesty, I feel like I’m starting to become that ***hole I turned into on social media back in the summer of 2018. I’m trying not to revert into that old self again.

But overall this has just been such a depressing month. Last night I was just having the worst self-hatred of myself to the point where I felt like I was better off just being dead. 😕 I’m really hoping April can at least just be a refresher of breath for myself and everyone else.
And life certainly did not get better for my depression as this virus continued to make everyone its *****

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Welp! Things certainly only got worse from here:

And life certainly did not get better for my depression as this virus continued to make everyone its *****
Hang in there LittleJerry. The virus will pass eventually and better times are ahead. Pretty soon the vaccine will make the virus it's *****

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I just need to talk about something:

Around my birthday ever year, I become very depressed. Why is that? Because it's a harsh reminder of how I haven't accomplished anything in life. I'm about to turn 22. I have no friends, no job, no car, I've never had a girlfriend before, I still live with my parents, I basically have no life whatsoever! I also have a hard time doing many basic things. I can't cut my food, I can't do laundry, and I can't cook. I mean come on, even Chris-Chan has accomplished more than I have! At least he's had a couple jobs before (he was quickly fired from all of them but that's still more experience than me), and he has (or at least had) a car. Seriously, if the creator of freaking Sonichu himself has done more "adulting" than you, you're basically screwed! You ever seen the movie Failure To Launch before? That's basically where I see my life heading and that feeling gets worse each and every year.

I just feel so pathetic and useless. I've never contributed to society in any way. This might surprise some of the people here because I normally seem to be a very happy and positive person. But I do have a dark side that I don't feel comfortable sharing as much. The reason I don't talk much about my problems is because I don't want to feel like a whiner or a complainer. If I'm constantly going "Boo-hoo, poor me!" then people would roll their eyes and think it's all just a cheap ploy to get attention when in reality, it's far from that. In fact, I've experienced people like that online before. I used to follow a YouTube/Deviantart user named Reitanna Seishin but then every post she made ended up being her complaining about how bad her life is over and over again. I just couldn't take it anymore. At first, I felt genuinely sorry for her but the more she kept b*tching about her life, the more it became annoying and eventually lead to me unfollowing all of her social media accounts.

I've had enough now though. This time, I finally decided to just get it all out. You have no idea how much I needed that!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I mean...... I can relate to what you’re going through. Very often these days I just feel bitter and angry on the inside, especially with this stupid pandemic going on, but I don’t always show it. Sometimes it does slip out but it’s usually when a situation happens that just..... completely breaks the straw on the camel’s back. I’ve just gotten very good at faking my emotions publicly but being more honest with those closer to me.

I can relate to stuff like not being able to cook - it’s something I’m just not good at myself, and it sucks. But laundry is actually really easy when you get the hang of it. Just gotta learn to separate the whites from the colors and use the correct detergents and what have you. You’ll figure it out. Also, you shouldn’t feel ashamed of still living with your folks at 22. If you’re not ready to move out then there’s no shame. You still got a long way’s to go.

If I’m being honest, I think you’re beating yourself up too much and thinking too ahead of life. It takes time figuring your life out. If you feel like your depression is getting bad because of it, I would recommend seeking help before it leads you into a bad situation. Comparing yourself to others is never a good idea either because it will **** with your mental health completely, take it from someone who has been there.

In the mean time, I do hope the best for you. A key thing to keep in mind is find stuff that helps distract your mind. It will make you feel much happier.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Basic things like cooking- you don’t have to do it for a living like I do, but being able to make a sandwich and open a can of soup, even you can master that.
Same with doing your own laundry. These are things you’re going to need to learn how to do because your parents won’t be around forever.
The more you can learn how to do for yourself, the better off you’ll be.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Thank you all so much. You know, I really do feel much better right now.
You got me thinking about you this week.
As you were growing up, did your parents ever push you to do things for yourself? Do chores? Because even at an early age, my parents gave chores to my brother, sister, and me. I vacuumed and took out the garbage, and then when I was a little older it was my job to mow the lawn.. It was little things like that which gave us discipline and gradually leaning towards adulthood. These are things you do when you grow up. If your parents never instilled this in you, they did you a big disservice. The whole point of raising kids is to get them to think and act for themselves.

Did you graduate high school? Because usually after that the next big step is college, joining the military, or going to work. And parents are supposed to guide you so you have a future.
If you want to PM me if you feel like talking about it, I’m here. I’m curious to why your parents wouldn’t push you to do more.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
This song is actually good to listen to when you’re depressed.... if you watch the ending to this anime while this song is playing, it’s so much more heartbreaking: