The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
As far as eating while football is on, we made the mistake of going to Buffalo Wild Wings on a Sunday afternoon. Jam packed, and two different games on..

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like the milkshake as well, though I must admit to getting milkshakes less and less whenever I order fast food. I get their lemonade instead, which, I swear, tastes almost exactly like my mom's homemade lemonade (only hers has pulp in it).

As for spicy food, just about the only spicy food I will willingly eat is occasional buffalo wyngz; otherwise, I haven't got the stomach for spicy food.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
As far as eating while football is on, we made the mistake of going to Buffalo Wild Wings on a Sunday afternoon. Jam packed, and two different games on..
Oh yeah, I think that was going on my 27th birthday (same day Carroll passed away) when I went to tasty burger. It got pretty packed in there.

I like the milkshake as well, though I must admit to getting milkshakes less and less whenever I order fast food. I get their lemonade instead, which, I swear, tastes almost exactly like my mom's homemade lemonade (only hers has pulp in it).

As for spicy food, just about the only spicy food I will willingly eat is occasional buffalo wyngz; otherwise, I haven't got the stomach for spicy food.
It’s mainly just burger joints like five guys, smash burger and what have you where I get milkshakes, same with Chik fil a. Otherwise I just get a soda if I’m at like Wendy’s or McDonald’s.

Spicy food I don’t mind as long as I have some dairy or bread to balance it out.

Last edited:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I think that was going on my 27th birthday (same day Carroll passed away) when I went to tasty burger. It got pretty packed in there.

It’s mainly just burger joints like five guys, smash burger and what have you where I get milkshakes, same with Chik fil a. Otherwise I just get a soda if I’m at like Wendy’s or McDonald’s.

Spicy food I don’t mind as long as I have some dairy or bread to balance it out.
The smaller the pepper, the hotter they are.
One time we got a shipment of peppers in.
These tiny little red things. I’m used to spicy stuff. I can do habaneros okay. I sliced one open, not too many seeds. That’s usually where the capsaicin is (the enzyme that makes peppers hot). My coworker and I each tried half.
My introduction to the ghost chili, one of the hottest peppers on earth.
It took a gallon of milk to put the fire out.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah yes, I became familiar with the ghost pepper after seeing a couple of clips of people trying them on camera on truTV's WORLD'S DUMBEST... including this trained black-*** professional and Smooshed-Down Dr. Dre:

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ll tell you one thing that was pretty stupid to try. About ten years ago, kids were daring each other to eat a spoonful of cinnamon.
Cinnamon is so fine, it’s easy to choke on or burn your sinuses.
Two kids at work tried it, they both got rushed to the hospital.

You can do it by mixing it with peanut butter. It gives the cinnamon something to bind to.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually tried the cinnamon challenge (friend dared me). I’ll admit I had no idea what straight up cinnamon tasted like so I’m just like “okay, sure.” So I put a spoonful of cinnamon in my mouth..... and yeah. I was hacking up a lung and cinnamon dust went EVERYWHERE! It was not a fun experience. I learned it the hard way.

But yeah - people should not risk this on the chance they could suffocate.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ll admit, I have actually wanted to try the gallon of milk challenge, but I know that stuff sits in your stomach and it’s very easy to just start puking by the time you’re halfway through.