The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I’ve only done beer pong once at my (now former) friend Jeff’s house on his 25th birthday four years ago. I was responsible but he was not. I could hear him puking in the bathroom and he was getting into an argument with his dad over it. I’m telling you, beer does not sit well in your stomach.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Back at n the early 80s, Gatorade had a short-lived offshoot called Gator Gum. You chew it and it gives you this intense citrus rush.
Gum tends to lose its flavor pretty fast, but this one lasted.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's one of the main reasons why I don't chew gum very much, although I do remember way back when, my parents almost always had a pack of this stuff in the glove compartment in the car:

The one in the green pack that is, not the blue one.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The thing I find with gum is sometimes it’s tough figuring out when the flavor is gone..... it takes me about 5-10 minutes before spitting it out.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I’ve only done beer pong once at my (now former) friend Jeff’s house on his 25th birthday four years ago. I was responsible but he was not. I could hear him puking in the bathroom and he was getting into an argument with his dad over it. I’m telling you, beer does not sit well in your stomach.
That’s why my beer limit was two. You remind d me of one guy who was at a party. He had way too much ch to drink. He puked all over the place and passed out. While he was out cold, his roommates shaved his head.

Drinking on campus was something the college administration knew about, but turned a blind eye to it. But what people did was go to the licquor store and bring it back to the dorm, as opposed to driving out to bars and clubs. The upside was there were no accidents or DUIs.
At a state university with twenty thousand kids, there was always a party somewhere.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My only consumption of beer, or any alcoholic beverage for that matter, is when it's used as an ingredient in a cooking recipe, like beer battered fish/chicken, or when a champagne or wine is used in a pasta sauce or something.

Again, carbonation is not my friend, so alcohol is not something I could ever drink just straight up.

On another note, if root beer wasn't carbonated, I think it's something I could drink - it seems to have a really nice flavor . . . but, again, those stinging bubbles are not kind to my throat or stomach at all.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The only time I have ever gotten sick (so far) from alcohol was when I was at my (also now former) friend Myles’ house on New Year’s Eve in 2019 partying with alcohol and weed. Sure, it was fun being all loopy and **** faced, even accidentally sitting in my friend Sean’s car thinking it was mine (like I said, I was completely trashed), but I also passed out in his car until he woke me up and I went over to my own car (and that’s when I started puking). Passed out again in my car, my friend Mike woke me up and I puked on Myles’ porch. So I went up to sleep in one of his ridiculous amount of rooms (it’s a very big house), Sean wakes me up when we all call it a night (I went back to my friend Mike’s house who was sober enough to drive), and I puked one last time on the ground. It wasn’t fun. I even flat out blacked out when I went to sleep and woke up feeling completely dehydrated and needing some water (I chugged that **** down).

I never got drunk on campus but have seen plenty of drunk college students, some even brought alcohol with them.

Any Del

Reaction score
Never had anything from Baskin-Robins. How is it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Pretty good; they have tons of different flavors to choose from, it just depends on what suits your personal taste preferences.

I remember two flavors of theirs I was pretty partial to at any given time were Very Berry Strawberry and Oreo Cookies and Cream. They also would have season flavors; I remember one year them having an apple pie flavor for fall that was really, really good - as I recall, it had cinnamon and caramel in it.