The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I think it’s a little of both. Black shirts are easy to match, easy to buy, easy to wash. If you work anywhere in a restaurant, you’re gonna get dirty. Aprons help. By the end of your shift. You won’t believe how much crud spills on you.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ruby Tuesday was never that great anyway. I mean sure, the food itself is actually pretty good, and they have a great salad bar, but their menu is always so incredibly limited . . . that, and the overall ambience was always so dark and sombre.

On the other hand, I remember one time meeting the hottest waitress there, she was an absolute goddess compared to the waitress @MuppetsRule and I met on our annual pilgrimage to Stuckey's. :stick_out_tongue:

But that in and of itself does bring a question to my mind . . . why, exactly, is it that at a lot of these casual dining restaurants, the waitresses and hostesses always seem to have to wear tiny, short-sleeved black tops that are clearly too small for them, and who makes that decision, the individual servers themselves, or management? Either way, I'm pretty sure there's a particular reason behind it, as this old video once discussed:
One thing I miss on Ruby Tuesday’s menu, they used to have an awesome bison burger.
Chains vary if they serve bbq ribs, but theirs were pretty decent.
One thing I noticed over the past 30 years. There are a number of chains that started out specializing in drinks- TGI Friday’s, Hooter’s, Bennigan’s, Houlihan’s- their big draw was Happy Hour.
Over time, these places developed their menus more and made them kid-friendly.
In the beginning, you wouldn’t dare bring little kids there.
Hooter’s is self-explanatory. What you see is what you get.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You know, now that you mention it, I seem to recall Applebee's starting out the same way: granted, they still have their bars in the middle of their locations, but yeah, it seems like the overall atmosphere of the restaurant is a bit more kid-friendly than it was when I was actually a kid.

I do have a rather amusing little Applebee's anecdote from a few years ago: the entire restaurant was jam packed, and I didn't realize it at the time, but there was a huge football game being played that night, and that's what almost all of the patrons and customers were watching on their TVs . . . now, remember, this is Tennessee: football country, so these guys were very passionate about what they were watching, and almost the entire restaurant would erupt into cheers every five minutes or so . . . except for one table where a little Mexican family was eating - they looked absolutely terrified sitting there, probably had no clue what was going on.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Dessert-wise, they have a pretty good butter pecan blondie, but man, that sizzlin' skillet. . . .

Otherwise, I rather like their shrimp and parmesean steak, and their appetizers are really good too.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I usually just go there for Buffalo chicken wings to be honest. 🤷🏿‍♂️ Not big on their food

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So I’ll admit, when it comes to chicken sandwiches, I actually am not fond of eating one with a slice of cheese unless it’s chicken parm.

I mean..... I gotta be honest

that yellow slice of cheese doesn’t look appetizing on that Chik fil a sandwich. This is why I just prefer getting them plain.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The only thing I add to a plain Chick-fil-a sandwich is a little patch of mayo, that's it.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To each his own on that. What I usually like getting there is a spicy chicken sandwich with the cookies and cream milkshake.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My go-to at Applebee’s is chicken tortilla soup, Fiesta lime chicken, and brisket tacos.