The Food Thread (Non Instagram Edition)

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I think the issue unfortunately is this can actually happen through delivery. Driving very fast and smearing the sauce everywhere. Every time I ordered pickup from the dominos closet to my house, it was always a nice even load of extra alfredo.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo You'll appreciate this, there are two M*A*S*H-related food items I've actually tried out of morbid curiosity.

One of which was Radar's ketchup on rye with butter and lettuce, which he risked his life for during a sniper attack. Honestly, it pretty much just tasted like a hamburger without the meat patty, nothing worth risking your life for.

The other was Hawkeye's bizarre sandwich that included peanut butter, jelly, mayo, ham, mayo, turkey, mayo, cheese, mayo, and pickles . . . it didn't kill me right away, but I did not feel too good after eating it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I should also point out that like Buddy the Elf (and Bad Eat's Don't Drop Inn), I have tried maple syrup on spaghetti before . . . it's actually not that bad, but not something I'd be anxious about eating again.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
After seeing Binging with Babish recreate that dish, I think I’ll pass.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When it come to onions, the smaller and flatter they are, the better they are.

When they're big and round, they're intolerable.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
@fuzzygobo You'll appreciate this, there are two M*A*S*H-related food items I've actually tried out of morbid curiosity.

One of which was Radar's ketchup on rye with butter and lettuce, which he risked his life for during a sniper attack. Honestly, it pretty much just tasted like a hamburger without the meat patty, nothing worth risking your life for.

The other was Hawkeye's bizarre sandwich that included peanut butter, jelly, mayo, ham, mayo, turkey, mayo, cheese, mayo, and pickles . . . it didn't kill me right away, but I did not feel too good after eating it.
Did you ever pour beer on Rice Krispies?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nah . . . again, carbonation does not agree with me. :smirk:

Although, I remember reading on series writer Ken Levine's blog that in spite of how much the personnel of the 4077th complained about the food, their food actually came from the studio commissary, and was actually really good. That, and remember how Hawkeye always sniffed his food before he ate it? That was an actual real-life habit/tic Alan Alda had they worked into the Hawkeye character.