Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
That was awesome. Don't know which part I liked best - Old Ernie and Bert (and a white bearded cow!) or how adorable Maria is!
It's an awesome clip for sure! Whenever I listened to the audio, I imagined during the "years and years would go by sequence" we'd see their beards magically poof on their faces, and Bert's hair magically fly off his head or disappear in a puff of smoke, and then we'd see the 2 sequences side by side before going back to reality. (Oh, don't forget: the fish had a beard as well!) And as for Maria? Her role at the end was EXACTLY how I imagined it- after E&B leave, she'd glance at the camera as if she were about to say to us "Well, that was easy" or "I knew this would work"!

@MikaelaMuppet please refer to the Wiki.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
It's an awesome clip for sure! Whenever I listened to the audio, I imagined during the "years and years would go by sequence" we'd see their beards magically poof on their faces, and Bert's hair magically fly off his head or disappear in a puff of smoke, and then we'd see the 2 sequences side by side before going back to reality. (Oh, don't forget: the fish had a beard as well!) And as for Maria? Her role at the end was EXACTLY how I imagined it- after E&B leave, she'd glance at the camera as if she were about to say to us "Well, that was easy"!

@MikaelaMuppet please refer to the Wiki.
Thank you @sesamemuppetfan.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's the episode where Oscar tries to welcome Olivia to the street: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0957

Also...GET OVER TO THE MUPPET WIKI FACEBOOK PAGE IMMEDIATELY! SCOTT POSTED A RARE CLIP THAT A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN HOPING TO SEE FOR OVER 10 YEARS! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:(though I can imagine it might have been longer for others...)

You da man, @scarecroe! :smile:
I am thrilled that this one resurfaced after being "lost" for years. The timing and chemistry between Jim and Frank is second to none. Also, Sonia is brilliant as always...those glances at the camera show how much of a natural she was as an actress. Please, please keep these rare clips coming! It's always a pleasant surprise.
EDIT: I could be wrong, but I think Frank once said that Jim was like a brother to him. This skit is a perfect example of that: two brothers having a huge fight and then making up at the end. The way they act this scene out really drives the point home that Jim and Frank were two of the greatest comedy performers ever (e.g. Abbott & Costello).

Last edited:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
No, my point is that Frank and Jim knew one another so well (like brothers) that they could act out a scene like this. Ernie and Bert are roommates, but I've started to think of their relationship as being closer to that of siblings (albeit quirky ones).
Yeah, that was especially exemplified in this clip -- they seemed like children compared to Maria.

cjd874

Reaction score
Yeah, that was especially exemplified in this clip -- they seemed like children compared to Maria.
Most of the ageless Muppets (e.g. Bert, Ernie, Cookie Monster) have functioned as children when paired with the adult characters, but they also serve as child-like companions when paired with other Muppets like Elmo, Big Bird, and Grover. Interestingly enough, the latter three Muppets all have specific ages: Elmo is 3.5 years old, Big Bird is 6, and Grover is 4. Heh, maybe I should post this in the "Little Things We've Noticed" thread.