Muppet Productions Ranked

Old Thunder

Reaction score
23. The Muppet Musicians of Bremen
Average Score: 7.17/10
Television Specials 11/22

This classic loses its standing three spots away from our Top 20. Votes seemed positive as a whole, with three votes for 10 and a string of voters crowding around 5 - 8, but a single vote for 2 ended up being the nail in the coffin for this production. Still, it's done rather well nonetheless.

This means that we've got half of the television specials on the list already, as Muppet Musicians of Bremen rounds out the bottom half. We're getting closer and closer to the best ones now...

Choice comments:
The puppetry on it is amazing. Except for a few shots where you can see the strings on the marionettes, all the characters are completley life-like, more than any computer animation I have ever seen.
I grew up in a little town of 500 people and our school used to play this 16mm film as a treat for the whole school in assembly.
The Muppet Musican Bremen is one of my favorite productions too. I love it.
Votes:
10 - 3
9 - 0
8 - 2
7 - 3
6 - 2
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
24. The Muppets Go Hollywood
25. The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show
26. Muppets Tonight
27. The Muppet Meeting Films
28. Hey, Cinderella!
29. Muppet Babies (2018)
30. Muppet Treasure Island
31. the muppets.
32. Rocky Mountain Holiday with John Denver and The Muppets
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
35. A Muppets Christmas: Letters To Santa
36. The Great Santa Claus Switch
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
38. It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie
39. From the Balcony
40. Little Muppet Monsters
41. The Muppets' Wizard of Oz
42. Lady Gaga and the Muppets Holiday Spectacular
43. Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree
44. Studio DC: Almost Live

Groupings:
Movies 2/8
TV Series 5/8
Direct-to-Video Releases 1/2
Television Films 2/2 (5.04 avg.)
Web Series 1/2

Old Thunder

Reaction score
22. Muppet Classic Theater
Average Score: 7.23/10
Direct-to-Video Releases 2/2

We open up the second half of the countdown with something that takes me back. Muppet Classic Theater was the only VHS my family ever owned from Jim Henson's stuff, and justifiably it was one I enjoyed a lot. The imaginative takes on the classic stories were done to a T, and I'm happy to see it get so high on the list.

Voting was spread out among the upper half of the numbers, and despite a vote for 2, most voters were rather positive when rating this thing. As the second direct-to-video release on the list, it's also the last, closing out the category a full 1.66 points and 15 spots higher than Kermit's Swamp Years.

Choice comments:
I have seen this special more than once and I recently watched it again. Believe it or not, it's actually pretty good. I don't think it's quite the best, but it's not too bad.
I really liked it. I thought the Elvis elves were funny. They definately saterize Elvis' exaggerated legacy. (Don't argue with me about Elvis before you've lived in Memphis 12 years)
Muppet Classic Theater, I like it. It's one of my Muppet childhood memories. The Elvis elves, I agree, were funny. Their cameo in Very Merry Muppet Christmas was unexpected and great! Gonzo and Rizzo worked great as the narrators (they go so good together, I definitely like Rizzo more than Pepe).
I thought Muppet Classic Theater was neat and funny too.
Except for Frank still doing Piggy, it's not worth it. I have it and watched it once. I heard directly from one of the principal performers who worked it how different the mood was on the set without Jim, and instead of taking the time and concentraiting on doing quality work "all they did was ***** about the budget", and the results show.
hmmm.....how funny that so many of you guys say that you liked it. I bought it and watched it once. I just didn't care for it too much as compared to some of the others.
THis is a totally underappreciated Muppet film. I laugh my socks off when I watch it, and my kids LOVE it.
Muppet Classic Theater is completely awesome. I used to watch it over and over when I was younger and I just watched it recently with my roommate (who had never seen it) and we both laughed ridiculously.
I love this special. It made my childhood, and it was my first exposure to the muppets so it's super special to me.
Votes:
10 - 3
9 - 1
8 - 3
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
26. Muppets Tonight
28. Hey, Cinderella!
29. Muppet Babies (2018)
31. the muppets.
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
Movies 2/8
TV Series 5/8
Web Series 1/2
Direct-to-Video Releases 2/2 (6.40 avg.)

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Average Score: 7.23/10
Direct-to-Video Releases 2/2

We open up the second half of the countdown with something that takes me back. Muppet Classic Theater was the only VHS my family ever owned from Jim Henson's stuff, and justifiably it was one I enjoyed a lot. The imaginative takes on the classic stories were done to a T, and I'm happy to see it get so high on the list.

Voting was spread out among the upper half of the numbers, and despite a vote for 2, most voters were rather positive when rating this thing. As the second direct-to-video release on the list, it's also the last, closing out the category a full 1.66 points and 15 spots higher than Kermit's Swamp Years.

Choice comments:

Votes:
10 - 3
9 - 1
8 - 3
7 - 1
6 - 2
5 - 2
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
26. Muppets Tonight
28. Hey, Cinderella!
29. Muppet Babies (2018)
31. the muppets.
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
Movies 2/8
TV Series 5/8
Web Series 1/2
This was the first thing they did after both Jim and Richard passed away. It was also the beginning of the Muppets playing characters other then themselves. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas Carol and Treasure island, but I think in the end it hurt the characters.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Muppet Classic Theater was always one of my favorite muppet specials to watch as a kid. Glad it got a decent rating!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
It was also the beginning of the Muppets playing characters other then themselves. Don't get me wrong I love Christmas Carol and Treasure island, but I think in the end it hurt the characters.
But that's what Jim intended for the characters to be: not necessarily canon characters, but rather, a troupe of actors/performers that just happen to be puppets.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
This was the first thing they did after both Jim and Richard passed away
Is it? Hm, I didn't know that. I always thought it was from sometime in the mid- 90s. So, I guess this special has more historical significance than I thought. Steve did a pretty good job as Kermit considering this was one of his first times playing him.

I have to say, I just rewatched this last month after about nine years, it was pretty fun. Not as enjoyable as the first time, as the humor was a bit more kiddie than a lot of their productions, but it's for kids, so. Gonzo was really funny as allof his characters, Miss Piggy was also funny, and you get to see the several different layers of her personality for different stories. Considering Frank Oz was there for this, it's pretty unusual that Fozzie wasn't in this at all. Anyway, I felt like whoever wrote the songs was trying to make them the catchiest songs ever, but for some reason most of them fall flat. I don't know why but, I can hardly remember any of the songs.
I also think it was a bit too long. I mean, this seems like one of those VHS specials that would normally be like 40 minutes, tops, but it's movie length. My patience and attention started to wane after a while. I wonder if kids did the same. Or, maybe they didn't, maybe you're not supposed to watch all the stories all at once, idk

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Average Score: 7.17/10

This classic loses its standing three spots away from our Top 20. Votes seemed positive as a whole, with three votes for 10 and a string of voters crowding around 5 - 8, but a single vote for 2 ended up being the nail in the coffin for this production. Still, it's done rather well nonetheless.

This means that we've got half of the television specials on the list already, as Muppet Musicians of Bremen rounds out the bottom half. We're getting closer and closer to the best ones now...

Choice comments:

Votes:
10 - 3
9 - 0
8 - 2
7 - 3
6 - 2
5 - 1
4 - 0
3 - 0
2 - 1
1 - 0

Overall:
26. Muppets Tonight
28. Hey, Cinderella!
29. Muppet Babies (2018)
31. the muppets.
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
Movies 2/8
TV Series 5/8
Direct-to-Video Releases 1/2
Web Series 1/2
I have a partiality for this one. As a tot, my parents had a bunch of laser discs (for you lil kids out there, they were giant DVDs before DVDs were invented), one of which was this very special, and it was one I watched frequently.

Old Thunder

Reaction score
21. John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together
Average Score: 7.27/10
Television Specials 12/22

The better of the two Denver / Muppet collaborations, according to our voters, makes its appearance now, just outside the Top 20. Beating out some stiff competition, it had some some mixed votes that leaned positive, thus thrusting it all the way here.

Choice comments:
My all time favorite Muppet special.
Yeah, I didn't much care for John Denver: A Christmas Together. It was, as has already been said, quite dull.
Votes:
10 - 2
9 - 2
8 - 1
7 - 2
6 - 2
5 - 0
4 - 2
3 - 0
2 - 0
1 - 0

Overall:
21. John Denver and The Muppets: A Christmas Together
26. Muppets Tonight
28. Hey, Cinderella!
29. Muppet Babies (2018)
31. the muppets.
33. The Jim Henson Hour
34. Muppets From Space
37. Kermit's Swamp Years
39. From the Balcony

Groupings:
Movies 2/8
TV Series 5/8
Television Specials 12/22
Web Series 1/2

So guys, we're about to head into the Top 20, and we do so with the third Muppet movie to enter the list. They've done remarkably well so far. Any guesses as to which one it'll be?