Cool Things about "Muppet Classic Theater"

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Yes, I have seen this special more than once and I recently watched it again. Believe it or not, it's actually pretty good. I don't think it's quite the best, but it's not too bad. I particularly like the Elvis Muppets showing up for "The Elves and the Shoemaker" sketch. Robin shows up twice, along with Kermit, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, Rizzo, Fozzie, and Andy and Randy Pig.
We also have a great pairing of Gonzo and Rizzo again as narrators, and it works great, just as it did in "The Muppet Christmas Carol". I'm glad Rizzo got to be the star of at least one of the stories. Gonzo got to be quite a big star too. And it was the first appearance of future Muppets Tonight characters, Andy and Randy Pig.
The coolest thing though, was in "Rumplestiltskin", when the King was seeing all the girls and seeing what talents they had. I just noticed this for the first time that one of the girls said she could gargle Beethoven's 5th.! (And she did too.) (I think it was Beethoven's 5th. It wasn't Gorgeous Gershwin, but it was still funny.) I burst out laughing at that point. That was an awesome little tribute to good old Angus McGonagle from the "Star Wars" episode of The Muppet Show. So for those who don't care for this video, pick it up just for that scene. It's great! Besides, you really can't go wrong with the Muppets. :smile:

Whatever

Reaction score
I really liked it. I thought the Elvis elves were funny. They definately saterize Elvis' exaggerated legacy. (Don't argue with me about Elvis before you've lived in Memphis 12 years)

rexcrk

Reaction score
Muppet Classic Theater, I like it. It's one of my Muppet childhood memories. The Elvis elves, I agree, were funny. Their cameo in Very Merry Muppet Christmas was unexpected and great! Gonzo and Rizzo worked great as the narrators (they go so good together, I definitely like Rizzo more than Pepe).

*EDIT* I think Muppet Classic Theater should get a DVD release. I'd certainly buy it!

muppetmayhem

Reaction score
Where can I get a copy of Muppet theater, for a really low price? :confused:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
rexcrk said:
*EDIT* I think Muppet Classic Theater should get a DVD release. I'd certainly buy it!
It is on DVD. It's been editet and placed on the R2 "The Very Best Of The Muppet Show" vol. 2-3

rexcrk

Reaction score
muppet_dk said:
It is on DVD. It's been editet and placed on the R2 "The Very Best Of The Muppet Show" vol. 2-3
But it isn't in America right? I'm talking about an American release :smile: :wink:

Xerus

Reaction score
I thought Muppet Classic Theater was neat and funny too. I think they should keep making Muppet specials on video. That way we can keep seeing more of the Muppets.